3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Broken Bow at Compton  (Read 356 times)

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Broken Bow at Compton
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2011, 02:25:00 AM »
pm sent
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline Bluenose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2011, 06:27:00 PM »
I was shooting with Pete (we had just met the day before) at the time that the bow broke.  We were wondering about the young man around the campfire that night and I am happy to see that things are working out.  Pete, it was good of you to post your concerns and it's great to have met you.  Can't wait to hear about that moose hunt in Quebec this fall.

Offline Mainehunt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2011, 09:35:00 PM »
I have a 17 year old son that I love with all my heart. We have a great relationship.

He isn't in to archery, hunting or fishing. I would give almost anything if he would shoot with me. He could break every bow I own if he would just join me...............................

Kev
<><

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2011, 07:38:00 AM »
I met Kevin on the course at comptons about 10 years ago and they don't come any better than him.I have enjoyed our yearly visits and campfires each year since. A great family and a great family Man.
As a side note, Kevin is a heack of a bow shot and his set up is in the 70# range with arrows around 900gn. Thats his 3D set-up as well as hunting. Watching him shoot is a trip. He keeps pretty good company also,right Jason?  ;)
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline Pete McMiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2011, 10:44:00 AM »
Mainehunt,

Like you, I have wanted my kids to follow my interests and love the hunting, fishing, shooting, etc.  For quite a few years my two boys did just that, be it, deer hunting, duck hunting, fishing etc.  Then one year my oldest said with much trepidation "Dad, I don't want to go".  He knew how much it meant to me and didn't want to disappoint me.  My response - "It's my job as your Dad to expose you to all the things I hold dear.  If you don't want to do some of them, THAT'S OK.  I won't feel differently about you just because you don't."  As I look back on it now, I was giving him permission to be his own man.  And, isn't that what we want for our kids, to be their own person?  At 31 years old he is again 'thinking' about getting back into some of the things we used to do.  

None of my kids hunt or fish on a regular basis right now because they need to take care of their own families but they still have fond memories of the times we shared when they were younger.
Pete
WTA
CTAS
PBS

Charter member - Ye Old F.A.R.T.S and Elkaholics Anonymous

MOLON LABE  [mo 'lon  la 've]

"That human optimism & goodness that we put our faith in, is in no more danger than the stars in the jaws of the clouds." ............Victor Hugo

Offline Mainehunt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2011, 12:30:00 PM »
Originally posted by Pete McMiller:
Mainehunt,

Like you, I have wanted my kids to follow my interests and love the hunting, fishing, shooting, etc.  For quite a few years my two boys did just that, be it, deer hunting, duck hunting, fishing etc.  Then one year my oldest said with much trepidation "Dad, I don't want to go".  He knew how much it meant to me and didn't want to disappoint me.  My response - "It's my job as your Dad to expose you to all the things I hold dear.  If you don't want to do some of them, THAT'S OK.  I won't feel differently about you just because you don't."  As I look back on it now, I was giving him permission to be his own man.  And, isn't that what we want for our kids, to be their own person?  At 31 years old he is again 'thinking' about getting back into some of the things we used to do.  

None of my kids hunt or fish on a regular basis right now because they need to take care of their own families but they still have fond memories of the times we shared when they were younger.
Pete,
I appreciate your response. My son is almost 18 years old and is a good man. He would go with me if I ask only to please me, but I want him to go for him, not me.
Hopefully he will "come around" some day and come back to hunt/fish with me.

Kev
<><

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©