3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Draw length for Martin Hunter?  (Read 129 times)

Offline Jake Diebolt

• Trad Bowhunter
Draw length for Martin Hunter?
« on: June 24, 2011, 12:26:00 PM »
Hello all. I've been searching around for info on this and couldn't get a straight answer. I hope I'm posting this in the right spot...

ATA draw length is measured from the pivot point of the bow, according to what I've read. Does that mean 50# @ 28 means 28 inches back from the pivot point (on the grip)? I always thought it was from the front of the shelf for some reason...

My follow up question is this: I have a Martin Hunter, marked at 50# @ 28 inches from 2010. Would this bow be using this ATA standard, or does Martin have its own way of measuring draw length?

Offline cbCrow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Draw length for Martin Hunter?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 12:30:00 PM »
It is measured from the pivot point +1.75" or simply stated from the back of the bow.

Offline Jake Diebolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 12:32:00 PM »
Thanks Crow!

Offline Lincoln Ribeiro

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 12:36:00 PM »
I ever tought the draw lenght was measured from the back of the riser to the nock groove at full draw. At least it is what says the Easton arrow tuning and maintenance guide. But, in this case, better is to ask Martin Archery.
``Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.'' [S. Beckett]

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©