3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How Traditional are you really?  (Read 891 times)

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: How Traditional are you really?
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2011, 03:12:00 PM »
Here is how traditional I am. I do what I like and don't worry about what some seperatist elitist think. What I shoot,, What I wear, How far I shoot , What arrows I shoot have absolutely nothing to do with anyone else or what they enjoy or do not enjoy. I make my own bows or shoot a bow someone else made,. I make my own arrows or buy some aluminums. I shoot according to how much I have practiced and how far I can efficiently hunt. I use a back quiver, a LaKota quiver or a bow quiver, I shoot a Hill, A D and r  or a recurve of my own making. I buy Woodsman heads, Black diamonds or Grizzlies, I even chip my own at times,. I wear full camo or hunt with a black and red or black and green plad and Carharts. I wear Light weight tennisshoe hikers or Danners, I use Bushnells or Vortexs.
Basicaly you would have to define me as a typical traditionalist. Independant as a hog on ice and could care less what anyone else thinks or judges me to be or not to be.
One thing I do not like is elitism and seperatism. I hunt and enjoy the fellowship of like minded bow hunters and that includes people that shoot compounds. Although I do convert a few.
God bless you all, Steve

Online lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2011, 03:28:00 PM »
As I mentioned on page 2 was that with all the advances in archery (even trad gear) the age of composite materials and high tech aircraft aluminum and carbon has in some was taken the place of wood and simple materials. The Trad gear has even gotten more advanced to make it more comfortable to shoot.

And back in the 70's I was just going from diapers to big boy underpants so I can not comment on what traditional was back then for I have no clue. But I will take Ron's word on what Traditional meant back then.

Yesterday I did change the ? to read what traditional materials do you use in your gear. So if this makes more sense than how traditional are you, then you should understand the ? more clearly. So in a nut shell I wanted to see if many have followed the advancement in materials thats all.

No harm intended,or attempts at separating of the masses.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2011, 03:40:00 PM »
Timothy, None taken,
There are people that think that because they hunt with primitive gear that somehow they are better than people that shoot a glass bow or use a bow qui\\ver or do not dress in leather,.
They nitpick other people by the gear that they use or do not use. To me there is no place for that and that devisiveness is what I dislike.
 God bless you and please do not anyone think that I hate any person or judge them because they are or are not an elitist. I just don't pay attention to them is all(grin)

God bless you, Steve

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2011, 05:40:00 PM »
I am surprised that twice as many people voted that they shoot "wood bows" over "other materials". All these wood bows have glass in them. I wonder if they realize or know this. I doubt there are double the people shooting selfbows over other bows...
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline laxbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2011, 05:56:00 PM »
most ppl are probably saying they dont shoot a metal riser imo.  
also, categorizing a back quiver as primitive?! what about when ppl just carried their arrows?

-One piece wood bow w/sinew or plant fber string
-arrows with stone or bone points and natural, tied on fletching
-while carrying extra arrows in the bow hand

that seems traditional to me and i come no where close to that! lol

Offline bowhunterfrompast

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2011, 05:56:00 PM »
tippit....great post...that says it all right there   :thumbsup:
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member
American Broadhead Collectors Club

Offline USAFdad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2011, 09:00:00 PM »
It seems to me alot of these posts deal more with the differences between traditional and primitive archery. I'd like to think that a lack of wheels and buss cables defines traditional. This topic can be related to black powder shooters as I've found out. Some there think that only flintlocks qualify and percussion caps need not apply. I like the earlier post about it being a mind set more than equipment used. I think I'll just go with mind set and bare bows (laminated, fiberglass, carbon, aluminum, etc.) included.

Offline bill langer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2011, 09:25:00 PM »
It was never bred out of my blood line...
Keep up the good work folks!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©