3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How do you wear your bino's?  (Read 901 times)

Offline Ringneck

• Trad Bowhunter
How do you wear your bino's?
« on: June 25, 2011, 01:05:00 AM »
I wear my 8x30 binoculars with a "Bino Manager" that has a pouch on my chest and has supender type straps. It works. Just wondering if any of you have better suggestions when on the move such as elk hunting. I'm always open to different ways of doing things.

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: How do you wear your bino's?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 01:37:00 AM »
I wear my Stieners on a short strap. I simply put them in my jacket to protect them and keep them from banging me. I learned this in my many years in the service
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 01:57:00 AM »
The Wensel brothers sell a good alternative on their site... inexpensive, too!

http://www.brothersofthebow.com/html/monostrap.html
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."  Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Offline excelpoint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 02:09:00 AM »
I use a Badlands Bino Bivy. For all my hunting. Used it last year in Colorado hunting Elk and have it on all the time over here hunting Sambar which is very similar to hunting Elk. Best purchase I have made.
  http://www.diggsoutdoors.com/hunting/hunting-backpacks/cases-pockets/badlands-mag-bino-case.html
"A hunt based only on trophies taken falls short of what the ultimate goal should be ... time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and the fish that live there."
Fred Bear

Offline Jim Keller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 05:34:00 AM »
I use a thin braided rope long enough so my binos hang on my hip over one shoulder. did that tears ago, never liked them sitting on my chest
Jim

Offline pauljr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 06:24:00 AM »
I have mine on a strap tucked under my left arm ( im right handed ) its very easy to slide them up for use but they are out of the road. I dont like them on my chest all the time, its uncomfortable for me.
PBS Associate Member

"I hate rude behavior in a man, I wont tolerate it" Woodrow F Call

Offline bendbig

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 08:11:00 AM »
With a short strap, hanging under my right arm (RH shooter) when I need them just rotate them up when done they will allow gravity to rotate back under your arm. Has been a very comfortable way for me to carry bino's for a long time.
Glenn
TGMM Family of the Bow
PBS Associate

Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me, Gen 27:3

Offline Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2011, 08:14:00 AM »
Originally posted by Hawkeye:

I went to that link.  Barry is looking good!  :D    :D    :D

Offline Elkchaser

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2011, 09:09:00 AM »
I use the bino-buddy elastic shoulder straps. Slip my binos on under the outer layer I'm wearing, then they ride protected and mostly out of the elements inside my shirt or jacket.
No matter where you go; There you are.......

Toelke Lynx RC 58", 51@28”

Offline Javi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2011, 09:17:00 AM »
Depends on the situation, mostly I have a short braided Paracord strap on the binos and a brass clip on my belt when stalking. If I'm stand hunting I carry them in my pack and hang the same strap on a hook.. Out west or spot & stalk pronghorn hunting I sometimes use one of the elastic chest type straps..
Mike "Javi" Cooper
TBoT Member

Offline JohnnyWayne

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2011, 09:21:00 AM »
That's one of the best looking I've seen     :bigsmyl:

;)
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.
-The Way of Kings

>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Offline bowgy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2011, 10:46:00 AM »
I have a loop on the back of the case and keep them on the waist belt of my daypack. I find it uncomfortable if I have them hanging around my neck all day.

Offline hardwaymike

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2011, 10:56:00 AM »
The rig that I wear I purchased from ranger joes. I don't remember what it is called exactly, but it is basiclly just stretchy rubber braided together with clips on the ends to hook to the sides of my binos. I think it was called a "ranger clothes line" or something along them lines. But the binos esectially hang on my hip like a side quiver would and are out of my way until I need them. I wish I could braid the 550 cord like some do to make a similar sling that is not stretchy. But until I figure that out I will stick with what I got. Good luck in your search Ringneck. Mike
"A road is a dagger placed in the heart of a wilderness." -William O. Douglas

Believe it or not the "HARDWAY" is often the EASIER way(in hindsight)!
2xOIF VET
Bear Cub #48@28"

Offline chopx2

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2011, 11:10:00 AM »

Wow! can you really get her to carry your Binos for you on your hunt for just $10? Must be a long waiting list!  :p  

I use a binocular harness, but find when still hunting through thick stuff or dry dusty places the eye pieces fill with crud or dust respectively unless I keep them covered. Although dust seems to get everywhere no matter what the precaucion. Just a matter of how much.
TGMM-Family of the Bow

The quest to improve is so focused on a few design aspects & compensating for hunter ineptness as to actually have reduced a bow & arrow’s effectiveness. Nothing better demonstrates this than mech. BHs & speed fixated designs

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2011, 11:18:00 AM »
I have a fairly small pair of binoculars (6x30 Leupold) for use here in the east. I use a wide neoprene camera strap. With the lightweight binos that is pretty comfortable.
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Online Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2011, 11:58:00 AM »
Yeah... the chick in the ad carries my binoculars for me. When I need to look at something I just snap by fingers and she hands me my binocs. She follows me wherever I go. One time she inadvertently stepped on a twig while following me and I was forced to slap her around a little, but she's since learned well. Ha. Seriously, I like to keep things simple and have been using the single strap for many years. I keep the bino strap short and attach/hook the monostrap to my belt. It takes the weight completely off your neck and places it on your belt so I hardly know I have binocs on. I've never hit the bowstring while shooting and they can be removed/put back on in literally two seconds flat. When bending/flexing to shoot they still stay flat against my chest. If I need to get on all fours to crawl, or in the rain, I just temporarily tuck them into my shirt or jacket. Slick deal. I'll tell you what... if anyone wants to try one... the next three TG'ers who reply to this post wanting one... I'll send a freebie. Others can order from our website  www.brothersofthebow.com  or I'll have some at Denton Hill. Thanks. BW

Offline rooster77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2011, 12:03:00 PM »
I'd like one!!      Randy...
All America lies at the end of the wilderness road, and our past is not a dead past, but still lives in us.  "Lonesome Dove"

Offline rooster77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2011, 12:12:00 PM »
sent PM with address        Thank you!  Randy...
All America lies at the end of the wilderness road, and our past is not a dead past, but still lives in us.  "Lonesome Dove"

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2011, 12:29:00 PM »
thats pretty cool barry,

Offline Ringneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2011, 12:34:00 PM »
If I'm not too late I'd like to try one Barry. Thanks!   :)   .

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©