3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Fisrt day out with my ILF  (Read 182 times)

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Fisrt day out with my ILF
« on: June 25, 2011, 01:49:00 PM »
Went to a club meeting today and took my ILF. First time I really shot it for any amount of time. It's a Morrison 17" alum. riser with a set of TT 40# recurve limbs. We shot the field course with a few 3-D targets thrown in the mix. The 3-D target were from 10-30 yards, the field targets 10-80 yards. Over all I was really pleased with how the bow performed. I still struggle with my target panic now and then but when I was on this bow really shot well. I'm thinking that down the road I will try some longbow limbs and fool around with some different set ups to see what works the best, but for now this seems to be a real nice set up.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Fisrt day out with my ILF
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 06:26:00 PM »
One of theses days in going to try one of them gagets, I have been looking at the Morrison wood risers and the Legend ACS-ILF limbs
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Fisrt day out with my ILF
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 07:03:00 PM »
That's kind'a what I'm doing, I have a bunch of bows that I really like but thought I would test the waters ,so to speak!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©