3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Whip owners and Turkey Creek???????  (Read 323 times)

Offline suttoman

• Trad Bowhunter
Whip owners and Turkey Creek???????
« on: June 28, 2007, 04:38:00 AM »
Have any Whip owners shot or own a Turkey Creek.  It' killing me 'hangin' for five weeks - the wait is interminable!!

Can anybody who has the Whip and has shot the T/C tell me what I can expect?  Is it faster than the Whip, quality, shootability?

My only question would be the grip - Dan's grip fits me like hot butter.  How have you found the grip on the T/K??

I have ordered the double carbon with full palm swell 41# @ 28".  It sound awesome!!

Sutto
One hour of life, crowded to the full with glorious action .... is worth whole years of those mean observances of paltry decorum, in which men steal through existence, like sluggish waters through a marsh, without either honor or observation

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Whip owners and Turkey Creek???????
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 05:33:00 AM »
ttt

Offline suttoman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 07:52:00 PM »
good idea bentpole - ttt
One hour of life, crowded to the full with glorious action .... is worth whole years of those mean observances of paltry decorum, in which men steal through existence, like sluggish waters through a marsh, without either honor or observation

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 08:11:00 PM »
Sent you a PM

Offline Cutty47

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 09:57:00 PM »
Lol...a whole five weeks?!  Would you rather wait 2 years?

I've shot both bows, Suttoman.  The grips are quite different.  I find once you go through a period of getting used to a thumbrest like on the Whip, or Fedoras, they are very comfortable and assure exact hand placement.

Doug's grip on the Turkey Creek is more of a classic indicator...with a touch of swell.  It's pretty thin...good for no torque.

Far as I'm concerned, you can't go wrong with either bow.

Not to start anything...but the Turkey Creek is faster.

Offline suttoman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 06:34:00 AM »
Bring it on guys - I can't wait!!

Thanks for the P/M Pole!

Thanks Cutty - that is as I suspected.  Nobody seems to make a grip quite like Dan.  However I am working with Doug to try and tweak it a bit.  I am sure it will be fine.

I am a speed freak - so the extra performance sounds great.

Sutto

Offline Cutty47

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 01:59:00 PM »
I've had a couple guys, one who is an excellent bowyer in his own right, say that the r/d profile of Doug's limbs reminds then of the ACS CX...without the ACS CX, of course, lol...

And Whips are by NO means slow bows, as you know.

Offline Bob Abeln

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 10:30:00 PM »
Sutto,
I own both bows. The Turkey Creek grip is totally different. Mine is quite narrow. After i got used to it i really liked it alot. I would say the Turkey Creek is a tad bit quicker bow but the Whip is a tad bit quieter. I relly like both of them. It would be hard to say which one is better. You will be very happy with the TC bow. They are very sweet shooters. I ordered another one 64" long. My present one is a 62". Have a good day. Bob

Offline suttoman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007, 01:02:00 AM »
Hey Bob - which creek do you have - the double carbon???  that is the one that I have ordered!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©