3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: "Beach" Type Chairs??  (Read 369 times)

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
"Beach" Type Chairs??
« on: June 27, 2011, 10:39:00 AM »
Was Toddlin' through Wally T. World the Other Day  :rolleyes:  , and noticed those Short to the Ground Aluminum "Beach" Chairs!  :saywhat:   Decently Priced, and the Possibilities for Blind Chairs just Struck Me!!
  Anyone of Y'all ever "Dolled" one up to Look Like a Shrub for Use in a Natural Blind Seat??  :archer:
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: "Beach" Type Chairs??
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 10:43:00 AM »
Without a photo to look at, if these beach chairs are the ones I'm thinking about, I know one person who uses one for shooting turkeys. But, he uses a shotgun for turkeys.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 10:46:00 AM »
I will see if I can Scare up a Pic, but they are the same Seat size as a Regular Aluminum/Webbed Lawn Chair, they are only about 8" off the Ground though!! Pretty Cool!!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 11:00:00 AM »
Of Course, Green and Leafy would be Best, but it DOES have Plenty of Room for Creativity!! Dontcha' Think??  :goldtooth:

Offline Pepper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 11:13:00 AM »
They might be ok for that, a little low for my tastes, besides they look a lot better with a beach "bunny" attached. :-)
Archery is a family sport, enjoy it with your family.

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 11:37:00 AM »
Ahhhhh, the Smell of CopperTone!!!  :goldtooth:   hahaha Do Turkeys Smell Copertone??  :confused:    :laughing:    :laughing:

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 12:04:00 PM »
I have a low chair from the NWTF which I got a few years back. It is the nuts for turkey hunting with a gun, but I can't imagine hunting with a bow from it--it's too close to the ground, and certainly puts you too low for any pop up blind windows. It's made by ALPS, costs under $40 and is camo, very comfortable and easy to carry.

Offline jamesh76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2011, 02:03:00 AM »
They are too low for me.
-------------------------------
James Haney
Spring Hill, KS
_ _ _ _ _ ______ _  _  _  _  _
USMC Infantry 1996-2001
1st Marine Division
-------------------------------

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 02:36:00 AM »
I have one of these...
 http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Seclusion-3D174-Gobbler-Lounger/714391.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue     %26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3DGobbler%2BLounger%2B%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=Gobbler+Lounger+&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

It's comfy. Well enough built. little noisy especially when cold. Kinda tricky to shoot a bow from.
Really restricts your movement..just kinda hard to get out of cause it's so low and has arm ests...Has been nice for rifle though

The one above kinda PO'd me a bit in the camo pattern. Looks like a nice camo chair right?...wrong!  The sons a guns make the front all nice camo for the pic. You know the part you're gonna cover up by sitting on it anyway. The back of the chair is solid black...hello camo paint can...lol

ps. sorry about the looooong link. Can't really help that.
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2011, 06:58:00 AM »
I have one of these     turkey stopper chair
It is very comfortable for long term sitting.  It can be a bit noisy if you move to quickly.  But I don't have problem shooting any of my bows out of it.  The beach chair would cost less for sure.
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2011, 07:09:00 AM »
Unless you cant the bow at a severe angle, I don't see how someone could easily shoot a bow from a beach chair while sitting.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline 7 Lakes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2011, 07:40:00 AM »
Chairs with  8" legs are called "Children's chairs" for a reason.  Might as well sit on a boat cushion and lean against a tree.

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2011, 09:13:00 AM »
I bought one of these to be able to sit in a nat. ground blind that wasn't near a tree...darn trees just didn't grow in the right place.
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2011, 01:27:00 AM »
Hey, they  ALL  beat sittin' My Sore & Soon to Be Soaking Butt on the Ground!!  :rolleyes:    :goldtooth:

Offline USN_Sam1385

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2011, 02:41:00 AM »
Shakes. That chair would work excellent if you ask me. However, I am 25 years old and thus do not object to getting up from low places... old guys might not like that. ;-p (jokes)

I have a turkey stool that I hunt from the ground with. When I see the game come within 40 or 50 yards, i reposition myself to a kneeling position, and then sometimes to a standing position from there.
62" Craig Warren Black Timber 3PC T/D Recurve: 48lb @ 28".

Offline landman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2011, 09:57:00 AM »
Those chairs are best when you use them on the beach.   Great to fish from if you're using cut bait and you'll notice that the low height keeps you very close to the cooler.

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2011, 10:24:00 AM »
Originally posted by landman:
Those chairs are best when you use them on the beach.   Great to fish from if you're using cut bait and you'll notice that the low height keeps you very close to the cooler.
!!!   :biglaugh: !!!

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2011, 10:26:00 AM »
Isn't that the truth.  :bigsmyl:

Offline gobblegrunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2011, 11:10:00 AM »
Shakes, I like the idea and think I'll try it.
"It's not about inches or antlers..."     ~Bill Langer

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©