3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bow fit excercise?  (Read 299 times)

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
Bow fit excercise?
« on: June 28, 2007, 11:10:00 AM »
Just wondering how many use the bow fit exercise tool?

I have had one for about 2 weeks (heavy one 50-80) now and I like it. I carry it to work or in the car draw it 3 times each side right and left 3 time a day. just to keep the bow muscles in tune, kind of extra to the gymn.

Not sure how you figure what poundage you are pulling yet bt just set it to where it gives good resistance and go with it.

Later, got to get back to work!

Jason

Trad Gang is addictive
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bow fit excercise?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 11:16:00 AM »
I have one stored in my office after about a year the band broke and almost hit me in the eye.I will use glasses in the future.It was always stored in a climate control area and didn't last as long as I thought it should. I tied a knot and restrung ,it broke right at the knob on the end.Kip

Offline southpawshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 11:17:00 AM »
I do - it's a great tool.  I work out with it on days that I can't get out to shoot.   Also works great at the lower resistance ranges for warmiong up the muscles before shooting.  Like you said, it's pretty easy to tote around and get in exercise anywhere, anytime.  I use the heavy band also.
Scott F >>--->   @

"if the wood don't fly the bunny don't die" - Stone Knife, JLMBH 2008

Proud member of Team Pink

Offline Biff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 11:38:00 AM »
I've used mine for 5 yrs, no problems. I do 30 pulls, in 10 rep. pulling slowly, letting down slowly, builds me up the best.Heavy pundage isn't necesary, just resistance.  Biff
"In case you don't know me, I'm just a friend you haven't had a chance to meet yet!"

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 11:57:00 AM »
cool, yeah I like it and think it is usefull. I dont like my shoulders being torn out of place! and I like it because it makes drawing with left handed that much easier so my left side gets a good workout equal to my right side.
Biff I agree just need the resistance, but asking a question, I normally shot light bows I like 55 lbs as it does all I need. Do you think drawing/practicing heavy makes shooting lighter more accurate? Anyone?

I think it helps me out alot as I do not snap shoot I like to hold for a second after I hit anchor before I release. This method engrains it in my head to hold a bit.

Anyway good practice, anytime anywhere.

Later

Jason
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Offline Deadsmple

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 04:58:00 PM »
I've been using mine for some 5 or 6 years now with no problems. I carry it to work everyday in my lunch box. I try to do 10 reps each side whenever it gets slow at work. I think this tool is the reason I'm never sore after even the longest days shooting.
All praise is the Lords

"to get to heaven, turn right and stay straight"

Offline V-Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 05:55:00 PM »
Hi,

Just wondering how this tool looks like. I'm not sure whether such a tool is available in the Netherlands.
Thanks,
V-Archer   :confused:
"If you have the will to win you have achieved half your success; if you don't, you have achieved half your failure"

Offline Deadbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 06:33:00 PM »
I made my own form...I took some old rehab bands I had from when I tore my rotator cuff.  Cut them to size and cut several from the different colors (each is a different strength) then I matched up to where it was a little heavier then my current bow.  I use it at work now...much easier to store this in my ambulance thedn my 62" recurve LOL.  It has helped my shoulders out ALOT!

Offline Greywolfy/U.P. of Mi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 07:57:00 PM »
V-Archer-
Look here.  Click on 'More info' for a larger view.

http://www.3riversarchery.com/Thumb.asp?c=50&s=230&p=0
"It's not about you." - Opening sentance from Rick Warren's book, 'The Purpose Driven Life'

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©