3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bozeman Montana  (Read 208 times)

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
Bozeman Montana
« on: June 27, 2011, 08:59:00 PM »
I have a work trip scheduled for the last week in July to Bozeman, I was wondering if there are any must see Tradtional Archer stops, either Bowyers etc....

I wouln't mind catching up with the gentleman that originally built the Rocky Mountain Recurve.  It was my first customm bow many many years ago...

:thumbsup:

Offline shdwhwk

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bozeman Montana
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 09:23:00 PM »
Check out Mystery Ranch Packs, best packs made - IMO. All made right there in Bozeman.

Offline highplains55

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 09:51:00 PM »
you are thinking of the morris boys,father and son,they now make nice hats, rocky mtn. hats,just south of four corners a mile or so,they might have an online site,as far as bowyers  there is dick robertson but he is in lewistown area,ryan gill makes selfbows but he is in roundup,rocky miller of heritage is retired,arvid of black swan is now in tucson, so you have to go to the bitterroot area by missoula or up to the flathead to find shafer and toelke bows,good luck and have fun,it finally quit snowing !

Offline Shane C

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 12:57:00 AM »
If your ready to drop a pretty penny on some hiking/hunting boots check Schnees out too. They're local and have world class boots.

Sorry, just realized how old this post was...
Wes Wallace Mentor 60" 64@31
Wes Wallace Mentor 64" 50@28
Brush Creek Bows 3-piece longbow 64" 48@28

PBS associate

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 09:28:00 AM »
Howard Hill & Centaur are south of Missoulas around Hamilton, Dan Tolke is is north of Missoula, Robertson Stykbow/Tradout is in Lewistown. The Silvertips are made up north there somewhere.

Eric

Offline Montanawidower

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 10:10:00 AM »
Sorry to dissapoint, but there are no trad shops or big name bowyers in town.  (I live 20 minutes west of the Bozeman).  

On the other hand, Randy Morin lives in Belgrade and is a damn good small bowyer.  You can find him on here occasionally.  

Regarding other attractions, Schnee's and Mystery ranch are good suggestions.  Really, the whole area is a tourist's dream. So... just point the truck any direction and enjoy

Jeff.

Offline alligatordond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 12:56:00 PM »
Ryan Gill is moving back to Fla. At least that was his plan when I last spoke with him. I think the TradOut store has moved out of the storefront in Lewistown and is back at the shop in Forest Grove. I'd give Mark Baker a shout. He's on here, handle and nsme the same, and lives in Livingston. He can probably steer you in a good direction
DonD

Offline Tracks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 02:29:00 PM »
Forget shopping while in Bozeman, go play in the mountains and rivers!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©