3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Experience with Bass pro Expedition fleece Jacket? / Review  (Read 251 times)

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I see bass pro has their Expedition fleece hunting Jacket on clearance.

Anyone have any experience with this jacket?

Seems like a decent deal for $40.

Mods..If I could I'd move this now.
Didn't have a review at first.

Thanks!
      :thumbsup:
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Experience with Bass pro Expedition fleece Jacket? / Review
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 11:49:00 PM »
no one?
   :dunno:
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline akdd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 08:51:00 AM »
I have a bass pro fleece jacket but it is the 1856 Fleece jacket and I like it. Mine is just one layer of fleece it is warm but not very windproof. I would think that the expedition would be a little heavier. For 40 dollars I don't think that you will be disappointed. Bass Pro also has a good return policy so if you did not like it you can send it back.

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 09:14:00 AM »
Thanks for the info.

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 03:37:00 PM »
Just received one.

Not impressed.
Really pretty windproof.
Quite thin. Have a hard time believing it would be warm enough. They told me "good for down to 0˚F" ...don't think so.

Really pretty loud when moving. Might quiet down after washing...afraid to try that.
The jacket has a "windproof" layer according to the tag. Doesn't say that on the website. I've heard the layers can induce noise.
This coat had a "hollow" sound when moving. Even though it was fairly flexible and did have some stretch to it it almost sounded like a cardboard tube with sock stretched over it.

The camo was mossy oak break-up. This jacket was the absolute lightest shade MOBU I've ever seen. I could've had better camo by buying a tan carhardt and painting some black on it...it was really light like it had been washed 20 times and left in the sun for a few weeks.

This is my first order from bass pro. I might place another.

The service rep said go ahead and return. They will only send a pick-up shipping label if the item was damaged. I didn't want to lie about it.

She did say though if I sent a slip showing what I paid for return shipping they'd cover that too.

So...that's what I did...we'll see how it goes.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©