3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: safari tuff arrowmaster quiver  (Read 1177 times)

Offline Mike Schlegel

• Trad Bowhunter
safari tuff arrowmaster quiver
« on: June 28, 2011, 05:07:00 PM »
Thinking of purchasing a Safari Tuff Arrowmaster quiver. Anyone have experience w/ the quiver? Pro's/con's? Is it compatible with a day pack?

Thanks,

Mike
Life Member Idaho State Bowhunters
Life Member PBS
Senior Member Pope & Young Club
Life Member RMEF
Member Compton
Cari-bow Wolverine 54@28 "go to" bow

Offline Blueridge

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: safari tuff arrowmaster quiver
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 05:12:00 PM »
I bought one duing St. judes, i think it will work just fine. carried it stump shooting while I was running my bird dog. seems to be a good design and easy to use.  We will see this fall.
Isaiah 1:18-20 Come now let us reason together, says the Lord.

Offline Jack Guard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 05:23:00 PM »
If you do a search on this quiver you will find lots of info and opinions.  I have owned one for approximately 2 years and i think its one of the best pieces of equipment i have ever bought.  

They work very well with a pack of any size.  Go to the website and you can see a video of Rod shooting with one on and how to use it.  

Good luck.
TGMM Family of the Bow
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline akbowbender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 05:23:00 PM »
I have used one for several years. I really like it for my practice sessions. For still hunting, I think I prefer a bow quiver, though I have been using the Arrowmaster since I got it. Just seems to get in the way, and hangs up on things and makes noise when it does. Might just be me not being careful. Of course, if you hunt from a tree stand or a blind, no problems. Nice to have the extra arrows along.
Chuck

Online mjh

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 05:24:00 PM »
Got one late this spring, will hunt with this fall.  I did find that roaming the range and at 3D's I'll no longer use it as I can't always see what arrow I'm pulling out.  I might have a dozen arrows at the bottom that are the same but at the top they are fleched differently and I want specific arrows, kind of pain, so I went back to my basket quiver.  I really to think it will be great for hunting though.

Offline Rik

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 05:26:00 PM »
I too am thinking of purchasing one. The Duiker model.

None of the photos I've seen show why a rain cover is necessary. I am guessing the fletch end of the tube is open?

If any of you have one of these quivers, would you be willing to take a couple photos and show us what one looks likes from the end without the rain  cover and with the rain cover?

Also, how quietly can you draw a second arrow out if you have to do it quickly?

Offline huntmaster70

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 05:35:00 PM »
great quiver

Offline Oliverstacy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 06:13:00 PM »
I've tried one on a few times and also a Rancho Safari Mini and I'm trying to decide which one to go with.

Anyone had both…which one did you like better?  Granted they have different features.

Like the way it would cover the arrow fletch in the rain!

Thanks,

Josh
Custom Flemish Strings by Oliverstacy!  
Kanati 60" 57@29"
AP Cumberland 66" 58@29"
WhisperStik KajikaStik 56" Recurve with Canebrakes...57@28"
WhisperStik KajikaStik aka "Wormy" RC & LB,both 55@29"
Martin Savannah 50@28"
Kota Kill-um 55@28"

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 06:27:00 PM »
Best quiver I've ever used by far.  The fletch end is open, hence the rain cover for those who hunt in rain/snow.  With minimal practice a second arrow can be drawn quickly and quietly, without looking.  Adjusting it to you properly goes a long way in how it fits, snagging, and noise.  I've spent a ton on different types of quivers, the search is over for me.

Chad

Offline jlnft

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 06:40:00 PM »
How does the Arrowmaster keep the feathers from rubbing or laying on each other? I like the look and the idea, but it seems the feathers would be continually laying on each other.

Thanks,
Joe
God is good all the time, all the time God is good!!

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 06:58:00 PM »
The feathers laying on each other does not seem to affect them. There is room for them to jossle together without mashing down. If you must have them separated then this one's not for you.

You put them in dry and they stay dry so rain and snow aren't an issue with the feathers like a bow quiver or other side quivers I've seen.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Online Ben Maher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2011, 07:10:00 PM »
What Chad said .
Iy is the best al;l round quiver I have found . Well thought out and very well made .
The fletch cover is that added insurance for me as it is insurance against the often damp conditions I hunt in .

Rik, the top is 'open ' but i have hunted in the wet without the fletch cover and it worked fine . For those heavy downpours , back pack hunts etc ... the fletch cover works a treat .

Quiet arrow removal ... and quick too ! Little hand/body movement as well , much like a Cat Quiver , only quicker .

All pro's ...
Cons ... it ain't my leather back quiver ... lol

A purchase you won't regret .
" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Offline Ray_G

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2011, 07:30:00 PM »
Here are a couple of posts I made with photos about the Arrowmaster.

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=078169#000001

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=077548#000004

The fleece lining in the top end will keep them quiet while drawing the second out.

Rik, I have a lefty if you ever want to try it out.  It is the Arrowmaster and not the Duiker.  Mostly been using my back quiver of late.

Ray
Sunset Hill 64" 54# @ 26"  "Destiny"

B.H.A.

Offline akbowbender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2011, 08:13:00 PM »
Forgot to mention that I glued in a piece of foam with three holes in it on one side to hold my blunts, that way they don't tangle with my broadheads and they are always in the same place when I need one quickly.
Chuck

Online Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2011, 08:35:00 PM »
Originally posted by jlnft:
How does the Arrowmaster keep the feathers from rubbing or laying on each other? I like the look and the idea, but it seems the feathers would be continually laying on each other.

Thanks,
Joe
Not really an issue....if you have it adjusted right, the quiver doesn't move much and they don't make any noise.  That was what I found with the prototype Rod sent me...and he incorporated fleece on the upper part to cure the noise.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline GMASIUK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2011, 08:42:00 PM »
I use my arrowmaster for 3d and our club animal paper league. It works very well and it gives me a place to attach my Thermacell. The pocket is great also. I store the rain cap in there until needed. And I did need it for a couple of shoots this year already.

I may even forgo the bow quivers this year and use it exclusively during deer hunting season. It works great with a back pack too.

I have yet to find any down side to the arrow master. And Rod was great to deal with.

Glen

Offline ChrisM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2011, 08:52:00 PM »
Of all of the side and back quivers I have it seems to be the best for me.  Just got it in April and really like it have been doing alot of roaming with it and will start hog hunting with it next week.  If I still like it after that I will clear it for deer season and finally be done with those dang bow quivers and always give me a fit.
Gods greatest command:  Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Offline mikebiz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2011, 09:09:00 PM »
I just got a used one off the classifieds.  Fantastic design.  Quick and very quiet.  The one I bought was hunted with for two years on some pretty intense hunts.  Looks brand new.  I don't think you can miss with the Arrowmaster.
"...and last of all I leave to you the thrill of life and the joy of youth that throbs a moment in a well bent bow, then leaps forth in the flight of an arrow." - Saxton Pope

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2011, 09:19:00 PM »
I've been using a Stealth Side Quiver and love it. I just got an Arrowmaster and love it so far. I like the extra size for more arrows. My stealth lays against my pack perfect and arrows are super handy. The Arrowmaster is just more of a good thing but not as good lookin as the leather Stealth  :)
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline Rik

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2011, 09:27:00 PM »
Do any of you attach your Arrowmaster directly to the side of your pack for elk and mule deer-type hunting?

Photos?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©