3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: safari tuff arrowmaster quiver  (Read 1180 times)

Offline sagebrush

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: safari tuff arrowmaster quiver
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2011, 10:27:00 PM »
I love mine. I did notice some noise when I was pulling out an arrow once. The quiver was about six inches from my ear and I had an elk getting close. I slowly pulled out an arrow and I could hear the fletch rubbing under the hood. But the elk didn't hear it. I think it was because my ear was so close. It is my favorite quiver. I don't go out without it. Gary

Online Ken Babicky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2011, 11:34:00 PM »
I love the concept of it. I bought one over a year ago and I must not be adjusting mine right because I just can't seem to get comfortable when I wear it. Do you folks always attach the clip to your belt or belt loop or do you let it hang loose? Do you snug the strap up fairly tight or do you wear it loose?

Thanks

Offline Pete McMiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2011, 07:39:00 AM »
Ken,

I tried attaching the clip to my belt and it works better - sometimes.  Most of the time I just let it hang loose.  Also, play with the length of the strap.  I found that I like it longer so the bottom of the quiver hangs down a bit - very little hand movement to get an arrow out.

Rik,

I put my quiver on right over my day pack. The quiver then hangs right alongside the pack - works great.  I used it for two weeks in the mountains last year and it's still my favorite quiver.
Pete
WTA
CTAS
PBS

Charter member - Ye Old F.A.R.T.S and Elkaholics Anonymous

MOLON LABE  [mo 'lon  la 've]

"That human optimism & goodness that we put our faith in, is in no more danger than the stars in the jaws of the clouds." ............Victor Hugo

Offline Mike Schlegel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2011, 01:42:00 PM »
Thanks for the comments - looks like I'll be trying one! W/o seeing one up close and persona, I am still unsure about carrying arrow w/ judo heads along side broadhead arrow - how to get a broadhead and/or judo when you want one w/o getting the other.

Rik, you need to purchase a quiver and work out the bugs (if there are bugs) for us.

Cheers,

Mike
Life Member Idaho State Bowhunters
Life Member PBS
Senior Member Pope & Young Club
Life Member RMEF
Member Compton
Cari-bow Wolverine 54@28 "go to" bow

Online Dsturgisjr

• Global Moderator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2011, 08:55:00 PM »
I used the Arrowmaster for everything since Rod came out with the design.

This is an old picture of how I keep blunts separate by poking a wire through the sides of the quiver.

Offline frankwright

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2011, 10:04:00 PM »
I have used just about every kind of quiver there is and had decided my version of the Asbell was one of the best but it let the fletching get pretty beat up by the end of the season.
I used the Simmons quiver for a season or two but even with the covering, it sounded like a plastic milk jug going through the woods.
I won an Arrowmaster at out annual banquet and it is all I use now when hunting with a longbow.
It is quiet and protects the fletching.
The bottom opening is pretty big and I can look in there and pull out whichever arrow I want. I never take the rain cover off and I even "load" the quiver from the bottom and just space the arrows out and stick them in the foam.
It is a really good design in my opinion.

Offline BWD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2011, 11:27:00 PM »
I like that style of quiver, especially for ground hunting and stalking. No experience with the Arrowmaster, but do have a Palmer Bow Mate Elite. It is more rigid and comes with the fletch end cover. Am well satisfied with it.
"If I had tried a little harder and practiced a little more, by now I could have been average"...Me

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2011, 07:03:00 AM »
I use mine for hunting and 3D, hands down the most versatile quiver I own.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Bails

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2011, 12:52:00 PM »
I bought the Duiker model , great quiver and love it .
We are here for a good time , not a long time .

Offline Shinken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2011, 12:58:00 PM »
The ArrowMaster is my fav on the range and for stump shootin'! I use it daily.

I ended up havin' to install a finished wood arrow shaft internally on the side of the quiver that lies against the body because mine began to collapse with a lot of use.

With the shaft support it is still going strong!

Shoot straight, Shinken

:archer2:
"The measure of your life will be the measure of your courage."

TRUTH is TRUTH
even if no one believes it

A LIE is a LIE
even if everyone believes it

Offline Gordon martiniuk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2011, 01:37:00 AM »
I found a new twist was out roaming today and wanted to put out my trail camera,, well I use a 24" blade machite to clear trails and wondered if it would fit in my Arrowmaster Quiver well it fit real well with all the arrows I bring ,, The best quiver I have ever used !!  :thumbsup:
Gord

Offline Rik

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2011, 03:25:00 PM »
I am going to give one a try.

i realized this weekend while writing a note to Rod at Safari Tuff that this year will be the 30th anniversary of my first bowhunt for elk. Wow, how time flies!

On that hunt 30 years ago, I killed a 6x6 bull at four yards. that hunt changed my life in so many great ways that i could not even list them.

Well, since this year is the 30th anniversary of that memorable, life-changin hunt, I have decided to do something special to make it even more special.

I am going to----for the first time in 30 years----try to kill a bull with a bare bow. Yep, you heard me right, I am going elk hunting sans bow quiver.

That is a big step for me, but it's also a good way to increase the enjoyment of my 30th year of elk hunting, and to make it something special.

I will share photos and ideas once my Arrowmaster arrives and I spend some quality time in the high country with it, stump shooting and testing it, and my ability to shoot without a quiver.

Rod thinks I may learn to shoot even better once I get used to shooting without a bow quiver. He mentioned something about side torque, and you know, he may be right.

Ah, the excitement of a new challenge. Good stuff!

P.S. This thread was started by Mike Schlegel, who knows more about elk and Idaho elk country than anyone I know. He is an Idaho Fish and Game Dept. wildlife biologist---the best of the best. Way, way back when I killed that first bull I mentioned above, his input was directly responsible for me and my dad being on that very mountain, deep in the heart of Idaho's best elk country. Thanks Mike, I owe you more than you know!

Online Ben Maher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2011, 05:29:00 PM »
awesome stuff Rik...Rod is a great guy to deal with ... and his quiver, whilst not my old and trusty leather back quiver is without a doubt the best non bow quiver I have ever used. Look forward to pics of you and your 'barebow' in the field !
" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Offline Shinken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2011, 12:49:00 AM »
Way to take up the challenge Rik!

I know you can do it!

BTW - what longbow will you be holdin' when your ArrowMaster is hangin' by your side?

Keep the wind in your face!

Shoot straight, Shinken

TRUTH is TRUTH

A LIE is a LIE

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2011, 05:36:00 AM »
i LOVE my duiker!

IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline Rik

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2011, 10:33:00 PM »
I received some excellent news yesterday----my new Arrowmaster quiver is on it's way to Horseshoe Bend.

Rumor has it I will be seeing the new design.

This is perfect timing, as I will be able to test it out while scouting out some new elk country for the next five weeks.
There is no test more fitting than that for hunting gear. Here is a photo of some of the new country I am checking out, taken a week and a half ago. Still too much snow to get all the way in, but it's finally starting to melt.

Man am I excited!  Stay tuned. . .

Offline Shinken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2011, 10:44:00 PM »
Thanks for the update Rik and *awesome* photo by the way!

OK - now you got to clean up yo mess since you done spilled the beans!  WHAT IS THE RE-DESIGN OF THE ARROWMASTER?

I'll bet it's just perfect for that handsome BIG 5!

Inquiring minds would like to know....

Keep the wind in your face!

Shoot straight, Shinken

TRUTH is TRUTH

A LIE is a LIE

Offline legends1

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2011, 12:35:00 AM »
After hunting with a bow quiver for years i have changed to a Arrow Master. Have a shoulder injury in my bow arm.Wanted to get that quiver and arrows weight off my bow. Wasnt for sure what i would think of the Arrow Master but thought i would give it a try.Got mine two weeks ago and have been useing it every day,and love it.Best quiver i have ever used. Rod put alot of thought into this quiver and it is very user friendly. Something about Rod, he realy cares about his customers. He will always try to help you if there is a need. I shoot a very long arrow ,35.5" with a broadhead on.The standerd quiver feather cover fits arrows 33" or less.I talked to Rod and he sent a longer cover for my needs.I mailed him back the standered cover.If you havnt used a Arrow Master yet,try one. Your search for the only quiver you will ever need will be over.
Mike

Online Ben Maher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2011, 01:01:00 AM »
Rik...we'll need photo's mate !
" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Offline cahaba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2011, 03:03:00 AM »
Have had mine around 3 years and would buy another if something happened to tje one I have. I do want a Hill style back quiver for squirrel and rabbit, stumpin and such.
cahaba: A Choctaw word that means
"River from above"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©