3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: safari tuff arrowmaster quiver  (Read 1179 times)

Offline Talondale

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: safari tuff arrowmaster quiver
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2011, 10:22:00 AM »
The only con I've found for my Arrow Master so far is that leaf litter can get in the bottom.    :biglaugh:

Offline Bails

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2011, 04:07:00 PM »
Originally posted by Rik:
Do any of you attach your Arrowmaster directly to the side of your pack for elk and mule deer-type hunting?

Photos?
Not attached my Duiker model to my pack , but definately seems like an option I may try , although it may stick up a little to far and catch branches in the area I hunt Elk .
The Duiker is not as bulky as the original Arrowmaster , so mine fitted quite neatly at the side of my pack .

We are here for a good time , not a long time .

Offline Dodger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2011, 02:51:00 AM »
I don't have the Arrowmaster but this is how I would rig my Duiker if necessary.   :biglaugh:  

Offline Rik

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2011, 01:32:00 PM »
My new Arrowmaster quiver is here!

As I removed it from the shipping box, my first impression was that it was much lighter than I had anticipated. The quality of construction is absolutely top notch. They really pay attention to detail!

Of course, the first thing I did even before loading the Arrowmaster up with arrows was slip in over my shoulders to see how it fit.

PERFECT! Absolutely perfect! The quiver lays upright and out of the way along my right side (I ordered a right-hand model).

The strap attaches at two points on the upper end of the quiver, and one point at the bottom, making it ride far better than I had hoped. It really stays put, and is in the perfect position, completely unobtrusive.

Time for some testing. I seem to do a lot of belly crawling when hunting mule deer, so I slid the quiver around to my back, where it rode right along my spine, and I proceeded to belly crawl around. The quiver stayed in place perfectly.

Next, I crawled around on hands and knees. The quiver again stayed in place perfectly.

I then worked on attaching it to my Ebberlestock hunting pack, and that actually worked out okay. I rigged it so I could maneuver the quiver to ride sideways when I am fighting my way through alder thickets and so it would ride upright when just hiking regularly.

As I said, attaching it to the pack worked "okay," but nowhere near as nice as just slinging it over my shoulder the regular way and having it ride alonside the pack. As you can see from the pictures, the quiver lays perfectly against the side of the pack, completely out of the way and unobtrusive.

The reason I had wanted to attach it to the pack was because when elk hunting I have binoculars and a large bugle tube strapped around my neck, and didn't want a third strap to contend with. However, as well as the quiver rides this way, I am not going to complain. I will get used to three straps.

When hunting anything other than elk, when I won't have a bugle strap to contend with, the Arrowmaster is going to be a real pleasure.

In the attached photos, the camera makes the quiver look bulky, but it is so light and rides upright so well that I cannot even tell it is there when I am wearing a pack. I will be able to slip through nasty brushy country with the greatest of ease. Plus, the Buck Suede material is soundless. Branches will not be making noise against the quiver as I move through brush.

I made one modification to the quiver. I added more foam in the hood for the broadheads to slip into. I did this to bring the top of the foam up even with the quiver opening, so there is no cuplike area for debris to collect in when I am hiking through heavy brush.

In the photo above, you can see that I have six arrows in the quiver, with plenty of room for more arrows. I am going to place three arrows with Judo points in that open area you see to the left. For Australian hunts, I should be able to slip 10 broadhead arrows in easily, and have room for one Judo for practicing on termite mounds (they are too fun to pass up----literally the perfect target for stump shooting!)

There is one more modification I will make. I am going to sew some neutral-colored polar fleece to the strap where it goes across my chest, as the dark black strap will stand out in most of the country I am hunting in. I will send Rod at Arrowmaster a suggestion that he offer the quiver with two options for strap colors, black and military green or tan as is used on lots of backpacks.

The only downside I have found to the quiver is that I can hear the feathers rustle agains the the others as I draw arrows out. I had a feeling the only reason I was hearing it so loud was because it was so close to my ear, so I drafted my wife to stand out in the yard and draw arrows slowly out of the quiver while I stood 10 yards away. She could hear the feathers rustling against each other———but I couldn't.

That was all I needed to know. THIS ARROWMASTER IS GOING HUNTING WITH ME THIS FALL!

Kudos to Rod and the gang at Safari Tuff, they have designed an outstanding hunting quiver!

P.S. I have now ordered a Duiker model too. I think I may hunt elk with it, and use the larger Arrowmaster for deer and bear and moose hunting, and especially for Australian hunts where I need to carry lots of arrows.

Offline rushlush

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2011, 01:44:00 PM »
I just used mine this weekend hunting on my friends lease it work great for me.

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2011, 03:28:00 PM »
So can a guy get a 34-35" total length arrow in the quiver?

Offline Shinken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2011, 05:15:00 PM »
Thank you for the photos of the quiver Rik!

The one showed the modified strap system.

I think that I am going to have to get a Duiker with the new hookup to try it out.

Looking forward to the next scouting report....

Shoot straight, Shinken

:archer2:
"The measure of your life will be the measure of your courage."

TRUTH is TRUTH
even if no one believes it

A LIE is a LIE
even if everyone believes it

Online Ben Maher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2011, 07:49:00 PM »
Rik , they are sweet aren't they .I am a back quiver kinda fella but have found myself using the Arrowmaster more and more . Its just so easy to use and comfy to carry .
Nice One !
Here is me in a quick video messing around with mine .

" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2011, 09:17:00 PM »
So can a guy get a 34-35" total length arrow in the quiver?  
Yes--just be sure to order the "long" fletch cover.  I shoot full length wood arrows and Woodsman broadheads, no problem.

Chad

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2011, 11:35:00 PM »
Thanks Chad-That's my set-up exactly. Hap

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2011, 12:31:00 AM »
Maybe I'm the odd man out, but I tried one & couldn't stand the thing. It flopped around to my side, wouldn't stay put on my back, I found it noisy & cumbersome. Every time I bent over it flopped around to my front & if I hooked the carabiner to my belt, it poked the quiver out over my shoulder. I also really struggled getting my arrows to fit (35" with broadhead) even wit the long fletch cover (Which always seemed to fall off)
I had really high hopes for th design, buti just didn't do it for me.

Went back to an EFA bow quiver on all my recurves& a GFA-stle shoulder quiver when I'm carrying my selfbow.
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline canopyboy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2011, 11:01:00 AM »
I really liked the one I tried from a friend.  My only thought was I wished I could adjust the top attachment point a bit.  Looks like on the newer models they have a means for that.  I just bought off the classifieds, we'll see it it has that option or not.  If not, modifications might be in order.
TGMM Family of the Bow
Professional Bowhunters Society

"The earth has its music for those who will listen." - Santayana

Online MnFn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2011, 01:47:00 AM »
I looked thru the messages pertty quick, but did not see anyone specifically answer your question on the attachment to the pack.

On my elk hunt in Colorado two years ago I attached my Safari Tuff quiver directly to my backpack and it worked very well.  It will go back to CO next time for sure!
"By the looks of his footprint he must be a big fella"  Marge Gunderson (Fargo)

"Ain't no rock going to take my place". Luke 19:40

Offline Instinctive1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2011, 03:31:00 PM »
Hunted this week with it, the loudest part of my gear as far as twigs scraping on it, I mean really, really loud. The only thing worse would have been if they sew some bells on it or something.
55# Martin Mamba
45# Ben Pearson Hunter II

Offline kurtbel5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2011, 06:08:00 PM »
Want to sell it?

Online ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2011, 07:57:00 PM »
I'm going to take mine on my first Elk hunt in about 2 weeks......I'll let you know how it works.....
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline alex m

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2011, 08:56:00 PM »
I've had mine for a year now and like it morer all the time.  The only disadvantage is speed of a second shot.  But then I've hunted with flintlocks for years and the arrowmaster is way faster than them, so I don't feel disadvantaged at all. alex
The unknown wilderness has said to me: “Come sit in our green shade and commune with the Great Spirit in our leafy cathedrals while the choirs of bird-song fill your ears.” –Howard Hill

Offline Rik

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2011, 10:28:00 PM »
Alex,

I've put some thought to being able to make that quick second shot as fast and as quietly as possible. Here in Idaho, seems I get to slip in a second arrow fairly often.

I am going to try attaching a solo stalker arrow holder to the upper side of my Arrowmaster, and keeping one arrow in it.

The broadhead would be imbedded in the quiver hood as normal, but the shaft would be outside the body of the quiver, riding tight along the top side of the quiver.

I would not draw the arrow held by the Solo Stalker unless I needed a quick second shot or if I walked up on an animal by accident and needed a fast arrow for a close shot. If the weather socks in with rain and snow, I will slip the arrow inside the quiver (MAN, what a great thing that is!).

Here's why. This weekend while scouting for elk, I walked up on on a huge 7 x7 bull and several other bulls, one a dandy 6x6. Anyway, any sound at this point would have alerted them, and I think the Solo Stalker idea might have worked well. That is, it would have worked well if elk season were open, which doesn't happen for three more weeks. I and my gear will be ready!

As for the Arrowmaster being noisy, mine is covered with Bucksuede. I don't own anything, including wool clothes, that are any quieter than Bucksuede.

Wool? Deathly quiet. Bucksuede? Deathly quiet. Sometimes you just have to know how to slip in silently, it's not always the gear causing the noise. I can make noise in the quietest wool. I just choose not to.

Practice makes perfect man, practice makes perfect.

Offline Dodger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2011, 11:10:00 PM »
Originally posted by Rik:

I am going to try attaching a solo stalker arrow holder to the upper side of my Arrowmaster, and keeping one arrow in it.

I like that idea. Will give it a try with and without the sheath.
Thanks.

Offline Instinctive1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2011, 01:03:00 AM »
Kurtbel5, pm sent.
55# Martin Mamba
45# Ben Pearson Hunter II

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©