3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Need Help Back Quiver's  (Read 604 times)

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Need Help Back Quiver's
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2011, 10:14:00 PM »
Bud B. certainly no offence taken....nice to see how well you read my meanderings!   :thumbsup:    :campfire:
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2011, 06:56:00 AM »
It was a dang good article. I personally wish I could use a one strapper, but I have never been flexible so I have to make do. And if that's you in the photo crawling I like how that quiver lies on your back.

Last night I tried shooting five arrows as fast and accurately as I could from the quiver in the photos in this thread. I was able to get five shots in about 25 seconds with time starting with all five in the quiver.

The true test of the quiver will be at Ray's in March. I hunt 12 acres for deer here locally. Not alot of room for stalking. I'll take it to Birkhead Wilderness this fall for deer but it's alot of open forest. Fingers are crossed.

TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2011, 07:07:00 AM »
Bud, I understand the flexibility thing.  I have a buddy who has that problem real bad after shoulder surgery and wants to use a back quiver so bad he can taste it, but he can't use one under any circumstance. I'm glad you found what works well for you and I hope you enjoy the heck out of your quiver--real nice job.  And yes, that's me crawling around in the picture.
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2011, 01:52:00 PM »
Thanks for the olive oil tip Scott. It's drying now.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Scott Teaschner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2011, 02:45:00 PM »
No problem all the help has been great it is appreciated.
Don't ever try to be like any body else and don't ever be affraid to take risks. Waylon Jennings
Honesty is something you cant wear out. Waylon Jennings

Offline Nate Steen .

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2011, 03:01:00 PM »
one thing not discussed here yet is the quiver size....

a narrow tube quiver dictates that the arrows must be pulled straight (or almost straight0 out the end of the quiver, and most quivers positioned high on the back make it very difficult to draw the arrow by the nock without running out of arm length.  So guys grab the shaft by the feather area and this slows down the knocking system.

a larger Hill style quiver that lays diagonally across the back allow the arrow to be pulled by the nock, and the arrow is removed diagonally from the quiver, meaning lower arm angle, enough arm length to fully remove the arrow by the nock, and easier/faster nocking of the arrow on the string.

flexibility isn't really too much of a problem with a loose-fitting Hill style quiver as the quiver bottom is bumped up into position each time you grab an arrow....you can bump the quiver as high as necessary to reach the arrows, and then the quiver falls back out of the way so you can go through brush....if you look at old photos of archers using a Hill style quiver, including Hill himself, you will notice that the arrows are hanging off the shoulder, not up by the ear....target/field archers using backquivers have the arrows up by the ear...

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©