3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Who has shot the Qarbon Nano?  (Read 1044 times)

Offline Paul the Viking

• Trad Bowhunter
Who has shot the Qarbon Nano?
« on: July 01, 2011, 08:14:00 AM »
Interested in hearing any comments on the Nano.  Has anyone tried the free trial offer?  I've heard this bow is essentially the ACS in all carbon.  Is there any truth to that statment.
It's a great looking bow and I'd like to give it a try.  Just wanted to hear what the gang thought first.
Paul

Offline atatarpm

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Who has shot the Qarbon Nano?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 10:46:00 AM »
I now own one. 54# at 28 and 66 long. My draw is 31& 5/8 inchs at that it draws 63 lbs. Arrows weight is 734 grains arrow speed is 184 fps. K.E. is 52.8. It uses a plunger:   Buy a AAE for it. The one that comes with it is not that good. Draw is the smoothest I have ever pulled and in my test with a chrono it is amazingly consistant.
Atatarpm   "Traditional Archery is a mastery of one's self ; not of things."
71# Qarbon Nano
67# T2 Blacktail
85lbs Bama
100lbs Bama
60lbs Big D's Long Bow

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 11:19:00 AM »
Contact Joebuck
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 11:31:00 AM »
Doesn't have the ACS patented limbs.  rpm's bow seems to be plenty quick though.

Offline Jake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 01:27:00 PM »
I've shot it.  Very smooth and forgiving bow.  We did test it in the shop through the chrony and bare shafted it but I don't remember all the details.  It's a heck of a good bow and I was really impressed.  I think another bowyer did the design on it but Im not naming anyone until I get my facts for sure.

Offline atatarpm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 02:38:00 PM »
Jim Belcher is the designer and Win&Win is the builder
Atatarpm   "Traditional Archery is a mastery of one's self ; not of things."
71# Qarbon Nano
67# T2 Blacktail
85lbs Bama
100lbs Bama
60lbs Big D's Long Bow

Offline dino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 09:33:00 PM »
Originally posted by atatarpm:
Jim Belcher is the designer and Win&Win is the builder
Yep Jim did a heck of a nice job designing that with ABS. It is one smooth sweet shooting bow. Dino
"The most demanding thing you can ask of a piece of wood is for it to become an arrow shaft. You reduce it to the smallest of dimension yet ask it to remain it's strongest, straightest and most durable." Bill Sweetland

Offline Paul the Viking

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 06:02:00 AM »
Thanks for the input.  I've been saving for a new bow, and thought the ACS was the one, but think I'd like to try the Nano too.  Anyone shoot both?  What do you think?

Offline Swamp Yankee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011, 07:56:00 AM »
I wouldn't give $20 for a barrel of.. oh wait, that's the other high priced bow company ;-)
Sorry, somebody had to say it.  The ad in this months TBM caught my attention and I seriously considered their try before you buy offer until I saw the price.  Too many other good ILF bows out there to justify the price of this one to me.  Still, I'm interested in hearing how it works out for others.
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
- William Arthur Ward
Black Widow PSAV 42#@29
Collection of Red Wing Hunters
Northern Mist Superior 43#@28
Blue Ridge Snowy Mt 51#@30"

Offline usmc2444

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2011, 04:16:00 PM »
my trial did not work out, bow came without string , did send string three days latter, i was told i would still have to return bow as of orginal time, tried to put bow together, holes did not line up, had to send back, got no support to see what idid wrong was told if i was unhappy go to diiferent bow maker, it turned out okay as i get someone else place in centaur line due in march. none of this makes sense to me as they came highly recommended, was going to show bow at three day shot.  still do not know if it was problem putting bow together which seemed like a no brainer, any comments would be welcome  so cant comment on bow. just treatment, thanks

Offline Kenkel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2011, 05:18:00 PM »
Can someone post a picture of this.  Is this an A&H bow?  I'm confused!??!  Thanks

(Nevermind, I just found GOOGLE!)!!  It's a search engine that let's you......................................   :knothead:

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2011, 05:22:00 PM »
Click on forum home. The ad is top center on that page. It is not an A&H bow. It is not for everyone, is anything? I'm surprised you had less tham stellar customer service from ABS. They have always gone above and beyond for me.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2011, 06:10:00 PM »
If you read the reports in the Traditional Bowhunter magazine it was featured a couple of months ago. Personnaly I don't like the looks of it as I like a 1 piece bow made of wood.
James Kerr

Offline John Havard

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2011, 06:10:00 PM »
I'm sure that the Qarbon Nano is a very fine bow.  However it does NOT have ACS limbs (I own the patent and they don't have a licensing deal with me) and it is not made by any company here in the USA.

John

Offline RLA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2011, 06:39:00 PM »
It seems like after Blacky tested this heavely promoted bow for TBM magazine and the results came public some of the buzz died?

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2011, 07:16:00 PM »
Originally posted by RLA:
It seems like after Blacky tested this heavely promoted bow for TBM magazine and the results came public some of the buzz died?
I agree they had claimed it was going to take performance to the next level and it really didn't. I don't think that many of the top of the line bows are going to ourperform another one by much, maybe 2-3 fps. That's why there are so many bow manufacturers. If one was truly the best wouldn't we all be shooting it.
James Kerr

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2011, 08:22:00 PM »
A bow that cost that much and NOT made in America would change my mind. Not that its not a good bow..I never shot one but I have shot a lot of American made bows that cost less and shot plenty good enough.RC

Offline joekeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2011, 12:14:00 AM »
I agree with RC on this one.  :thumbsup:

Offline wv lungbuster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2011, 12:59:00 PM »
I agree also guys. There are a lot of US bowyers that craft heirloom quality bows that perform just as good or better, for less cash.
>>>>PICK-N-STICK--->

Offline MikeW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2011, 01:45:00 PM »
Originally posted by usmc2444:
my trial did not work out, bow came without string , did send string three days latter, i was told i would still have to return bow as of orginal time, tried to put bow together, holes did not line up, had to send back, got no support to see what idid wrong was told if i was unhappy go to diiferent bow maker, it turned out okay as i get someone else place in centaur line due in march. none of this makes sense to me as they came highly recommended, was going to show bow at three day shot.  still do not know if it was problem putting bow together which seemed like a no brainer, any comments would be welcome  so cant comment on bow. just treatment, thanks
If that's the truth, that's very interesting. No disrespect but that's hard to believe. Phone conversation or email?
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©