3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Who has shot the Qarbon Nano?  (Read 1045 times)

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Who has shot the Qarbon Nano?
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2011, 03:23:00 PM »
I am perfectly happy with the Bows i shoot, one was built in 1984 and it still performs GREAT!

Offline usmc2444

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2011, 09:47:00 PM »
both, absolute truth will send you e-mail i sent if you would like.  i was told by jack harrison they were good people should try bow.  todd was very nice but he was not in charge   i was very surprised and very disappointed.

Offline Fischman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2011, 03:19:00 AM »
Ditto for me also RC ! Not made in AMERICA with pride I'll pass !! IMHO kinda ugly bow there guys! Give me a handsome bow made with wood anyday.
YOU HAVE TO STAND FOR SOMETHING OR YOU'LL FALL FOR ANYTHING !!!

Offline usmc2444

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2011, 11:31:00 PM »
mike w e-mail is [email protected], or phone 954-205-6302 prefer phone if you want to reach me, wil discuss.   stan

Offline atatarpm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2011, 06:48:00 AM »
Wow: one thing is certain this bow has brought out a lot of opinions from some of the older members.
Atatarpm   "Traditional Archery is a mastery of one's self ; not of things."
71# Qarbon Nano
67# T2 Blacktail
85lbs Bama
100lbs Bama
60lbs Big D's Long Bow

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2011, 08:42:00 AM »
Might be a great shooting bow, but not for me (even if I had the money to drop on it).

As the Zipper moto goes "Life is too short to shoot an ugly bow."
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2011, 04:10:00 PM »
A bow needs to be made in the USA or in Australia, for me.
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline Ceb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2011, 04:53:00 PM »
Ya know, I got a budget that will no where near allow me to spend that kind of money on a bow or most anything else from ABS. Maybe its the best of the best and if you can afford and desire it go for it, but my 35yr old Bear Takedown mag bow with a Zwickey head on a cedar shaft put meat in the freezer for a whole bunch less cash.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2011, 05:13:00 PM »
So really, as the post says, we have 3 reports by people who have shot it, with a 66% approval rating? Pretty small sample size. Sounds like it needs more testing.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline wv lungbuster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2011, 05:28:00 PM »
Blacky Schwarz did some testing. And the numbers seem pretty normal.
>>>>PICK-N-STICK--->

Offline usmc2444

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2011, 05:24:00 PM »
problem resolved, ed president of company that sells nano bow called me and tried to resolve problem which i felt speaks highly of them, and i mean really went out of the way to set things right. so all i can say is anything i said before i must take back which i am quite happy to do.  case closed   stan

Offline Spectre

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2011, 06:21:00 PM »
Originally posted by Ben Kleinig:
A bow needs to be made in the USA or in Australia, for me.
Yeah, and there is a Scottish outfit who is pretty good, too.
Gila hickory selfbow 54#
 Solstice reflex/deflex 45#

Offline Forrest Halley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2011, 06:57:00 PM »
Something about "CARBON" being spelled with a "Q" in big letters all over the limbs drives me nuts. I humbly submit that in these times we should patronize our hard working American bowyers.
Has anyone tried this bow with the 5gpp arrows that they state it will forever withstand? That sounds interesting. Now why can't someone exceed this performance domestically?
"Great strength is not necessary to shoot a heavy bow, it is but a byproduct of the dedication required."

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2011, 07:16:00 PM »
It will take a whole lot of 100% positive for me to consider anything but an American custom bow.  Made
In China or Korea product sold at top end prices?  Not on my dime.   Buy American made is my way of helping our economy!
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2011, 06:04:00 AM »
I must have read this topic wrong, I thought the poster wanted opinions on the bow not the origin?
i also thought we had more class than LWers?  shame on a company trying to put a quality product on the market!
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline Terry Lightle

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2011, 06:22:00 AM »
It is not my cup of tea,that being said it will probably work for lots of folks.I try to buy American but did buy my last bow out of Canada from Abe Penner.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline huntmaster70

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2011, 09:10:00 AM »
Too much $$$ for me   :nono:

Online Jim Wright

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2011, 10:14:00 AM »
Concerning the Quarbon Nano, on their website they make claims about how hard the bow shoots heavy arrows but then chronograph a number of arrow weights normally shot with compounds. The heaviest are 10 to 1 and their speed can be matched by many wood/fiberglass bows produced in this country and exceeded by many with some carbon in them. On their website they extoll the bows light weight even including a picture of one showing the weight on a postal scale. It weighs almost twice what my own wood/glass Toelke Whip weighs at the same length! In my personal opinion it is particularly ugly. None of this has anything to do with being "older" and there is nothing wrong with pointing out that it is made overseas to avoid labor costs necesarry for a citizen of this country to live on and that the price is still extremely high.

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2011, 11:42:00 AM »
A simple observation from my perspective shows this bow is certainly having a polarizing effect among trad archers.  No middle of the road here, huh?

OK, it may be foreign, expensive, ugly, non-wood, etc....but a few folks have paid their hard-earned money and like the way it shoots and looks.  Why not give them a break?  

Should we spend time criticizing some of our friends' choices in bows they shoot?
Lon Scott

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2011, 12:21:00 PM »
Jim wright wrote "on their website they make claims about how hard the bow shoots heavy arrows but then chronograph a number of arrow weights normally shot with compounds"

Appears they tested their bow against IBO specs.Thats an industry standard but not a Traditional standard. I personally like AMO standard  ( 540 gr, 30" at 60#)

Jim Wright wrote.."On their website they extoll the bows light weight even including a picture of one showing the weight on a postal scale. It weighs almost twice what my own wood/glass Toelke Whip weighs at the same length!"

is your Toelke/Whip a takedown like the Nano? How much does a Toelke/Whip solid carbon riser cost?

Food for thought..lets also cast a stone at every sponsor on here that sells an imported non American made product.

i have my oppinion about a lot products i see being sponsored on here, but until i buy them and use them ......i just respectfully withhold it. Thats just me....Reason being because i know behind every family trying to make a living in archery/hunting business, is a hard working American family trying to pay their bills and make ends meet regardless of where ever they can buy their wares or have them produced. I applaud EVERY company out there in Trad land bringing unique and staple hunting products to the market that gives me CHOICES at a great financial risk to themselves.
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©