3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Who has shot the Qarbon Nano?  (Read 1050 times)

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Who has shot the Qarbon Nano?
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2011, 01:26:00 PM »
WV,

he posted the resolution on page 3 in this topic.
Lon Scott

Offline JohnV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2011, 02:19:00 PM »
It's interesting how so many people on this website like to throw rocks at the ABS bow. (probably the same who also enjoy trashing their broadhead line for being too expensive and made overseas). Border bows are popular and made in Scotland yet no one seems to bash them for price and for being non-American made.  And how about the price tag for the all-American habu bows?  As far as advertising hype...there is truth to that as the test speeds for the ABS bow are respectable but hardly spectacular. But let's chuck rocks at all the other archery manufacturers/bowyers who exaggerate the performance of their products.  I have yet to see a bowyer advertise, "My bows are slow and kick like a mule in your bow hand!"
Proud Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline wv lungbuster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2011, 02:37:00 PM »
I read the resolution Lon, I just wanted to know why the bow would not align together.
>>>>PICK-N-STICK--->

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2011, 03:05:00 PM »
My brother of the bow ,JohnV, brings up a great point. well he should , he's a smart cookie, he's  a scientist.

ABS is a very well oiled marketing company when it comes to marketing their product. I understand that aggressive approach will rub some. Hype? in this day and age in a global market, if you have something different than your competitors ( ex.solid Carbon Riser)you better promote it or that is lost invested money. Who else makes a SOLID carbon riser in their longbow? IMO...thats something to Hype about....
but yes ABS knows how to market products for sure.they are stacked in that dept...Garriet Schlief , their president, worked years running the marketing side of one of the nation's largest hunter org. Todd Smith, who needs no introduction, handles some detail also. Ed Schlief,co-owner, well if you know ED, he has a passion for making, inventing and marketing archery hunting products. We were in the bush one time togehter in north alaska and stumbled upon some bow hunters a week deep into our solitude bowhunting trip north of Aniak lake..( my bow is still there, another story), first words out of ed's mouth ....NOT how are ya'll doing? or "any luck?"......but this. "have ya'll ever tried seal skin for arrow rest?"..i hit the ground with laughter. Thats how Ed got started in this buisness, buying seal skin from native American eskimos and turning it into an archery product. gosh that was lat 80's or early 90's...i'm gettin old...hit 50 next week.      :)      

now..Is that Bob lee bow really on Steriods?..or Hype?.   :)   .is easton arrows made in USA or assembled?.   :eek:   ...food for thought...hold your rocks till u know the truth.
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline Jedimaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2011, 03:53:00 PM »
Originally posted by JohnV:
Border bows are popular and made in Scotland yet no one seems to bash them for price and for being non-American made ...

I have yet to see a bowyer advertise, "My bows are slow and kick like a mule in your bow hand!"
Perhaps John is shining a light on the elephant in the room.  We all tend to choose our prejudices.  In this case, you seldom here anything negative about some foreign manufacturers, while others are maligned. Perhaps it's not a "foreign" issue as much as an "Asian" issue.  For the record, I'm fine with that if that's your sticking point ... let's just have it out in the open, otherwise it's hypocritical.  I can quickly think of at least four Canadian bowyers that should be excluded if we are going to draw the line on foreign vs. domestic.  By the way, did anyone's opinion of the (American) bowyer that contributed to this bows development decrease as a result?

No bowyer will tell you they think their product is inferior to another.  They all make the "best".  I'm inclined to agree with them ... all of them.  Some make a "best" for me, others make a "best" for you.  

Here's something I've considered but I don't think has been addressed yet:  ABS brought in two (maybe more) high profile American bowyers.  One parted company, but either way, somebody had to pay for their time and expertise.  I doubt they would have given it away pro-bono to the "competition".  I understand the bow could possibly be copied/duplicated at a cost savings but that does not negate the expense of coming up with the design in the first place.  Folks have to get paid, American folks, consultants, experts, etc. along with R/D cost and now production costs.  If you want to compare apples to apples, build up your bow from scratch and compare start up costs.  You simply cannot compare what it would cost to make a suitable copy to what it cost to develop an original concept.
Do or do not ... there is no "try"

Cum catapulatae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2011, 04:24:00 PM »
Jedimaster!!.....you are very well written...sorry i bring our state's literacy down.....thats good stuff......
i injected in my earlier post  that there was HUGE cost in start up. Its not that easy buying a part here and part there. they sunk $50,000 alone in travel probably. i shot their first prototype, i forgot the investment they had in it only to scrap the whole bow 3 weeks later when the American bowyer fell through.

Another point to ponder is what is acceptable markup? do you not figure in R&D? travel? setup molds? failed designs? fialed molds?office overhead? pre-order committment? volume minimun? shipping fees? container insurance?

what would you say is an acceptable mark up for our "American Bowyer?" 25 50 or 100 or 500%?

question me?  call ABS and tell them you are thinking about having a carbon recurve made, can you give me some advice?
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline usmc2444

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2011, 05:44:00 PM »
in answer to bow not alligning, no answer spoke to ed and he said bow fit together,  i was not able to line up, we had no resolution, he said would make video and e-mail. i would think i might have did something wrong but cant figure out it looked like a no brainer, i am old but not demented,, yet.  but i did appreciate the call and he did try to settle this

Online dnovo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2011, 08:18:00 PM »
I don't have any input on this bows shooting charatistics as I have never shot one. I will say it does not appeal to me at all (I think it is butt ugly) and too much $$ for me. I don't know if it is overpriced as that is only decided by someone interested in one. Will they pay it or not is the ????.
PBS regular
UBM life member
Compton

Offline atatarpm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2011, 09:34:00 PM »
Well here is one for you to try; I drive really big oversize trucks for a living all over the U.S. I have mistakenly left my bow in the truck in the summer and also had 30 to 40 pound objects fall on it. Picked it up and checked it out and it was fine and still as straite as the day I got it.  This bow is tough.
Atatarpm   "Traditional Archery is a mastery of one's self ; not of things."
71# Qarbon Nano
67# T2 Blacktail
85lbs Bama
100lbs Bama
60lbs Big D's Long Bow

Offline atatarpm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2011, 09:49:00 PM »
Terry Green said something the other day in another thred that I thought about and find it quite true for the bows that I own " When you put 10 grains of arrow weight to the pound of bow they all fly about the same speed".  And that at least is true on the eight bows that I own.
71# Qarbon Nano
67# T2 Blacktail
85lbs Bama
100lbs Bama
60lbs Big D's Long Bow

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2011, 09:57:00 PM »
Whew ! Am i ever happy i found my goto Bows 28 years ago,IMO there are no better today!  :archer2:

Offline atatarpm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2011, 10:11:00 PM »
R.Forge no worries sir I am just amazed at the differances of opinons about this one bow. I go to ranges all over the U.S. and people are always asking to look at my bow. And I will.    also say that my Great Plains Blackhawk gets the same responces.  With great thanks Ric Mitchell
71# Qarbon Nano
67# T2 Blacktail
85lbs Bama
100lbs Bama
60lbs Big D's Long Bow

Offline kevgsp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2011, 10:38:00 PM »
Wonder how many other sponsors bows would be allowed to be called butt ugly, overpriced, overhyped etc. by people that have never shot or even seen it.

Online Jim Wright

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2011, 09:43:00 AM »
One needs simply to look on the ABS website to judge the bows visual appeal and price, opinions are definitely allowed and in fact I can't imagine how they would be forbidden even for sponsor's bows.

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2011, 11:34:00 AM »
kevgsp,  

Last  time time I checked most of us live in America.   Freedom of speech and polite disagreement is a right.   The mods step in when we become less than civil.   I for one have enjoyed the conversations here and learned a lot about why the bow is overpriced.  That it is overpriced really isn't in question when you can buy a Hoyt Carbon Matrix which is an infinitely more complex system with way more parts and expense to R & D / develop, and construct for the same price.   Ugly is in the eye of the beholder.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2011, 11:48:00 AM »
I want a bow that i have a lot of confidence in and one im not afraid to reach out there and make a killing shot.

I paid more for a bow than the bow you guys are talking about and it just didnt feel right and i shot it a LOT, sold it and never looked back.

If i ever get a chance to shoot there new bow and i think it will greatly increase my chances of making a good killing shot i will be the first in line to buy one.

We owe it to the animals we hunt to hunt with the best weapon that we as trad hunters can make fast clean kills with.

That being said it is a ugly bow.  :biglaugh:
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline MikeW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2011, 11:49:00 AM »
Freedom of speech and polite disagreement is a right. The mods step in when we become less than civil. I for one have enjoyed the conversations here and learned a lot about why the now is overpriced.
You know what's out of line here? The original poster asked:

Who has shot the Qarbon Nano?
And am guessing here but I bet out of 75 some odd posts and 5 pages he only got maybe 6 people reply who have actually shot the thing, the rest is a bunch whining and complaining, it's not made in the US, it's ugly, it's overpriced ect. ect.

W.T.H...?
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.

Offline kevgsp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2011, 12:48:00 PM »
Next time somebody asks who has shot xxx bow (who is a sponsor here) just post up that it is an ugly overpriced piece of junk. See what happens.  Don't forget to add that you have never seen or shot it.

Talk about disrespectful.

Offline MikeW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2011, 12:52:00 PM »
Originally posted by kevgsp:
Next time somebody asks who has shot xxx bow (who is a sponsor here) just post up that it is an ugly overpriced piece of junk. See what happens.  Don't forget to add that you have never seen or shot it.

Talk about disrespectful.
:thumbsup:
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2011, 12:58:00 PM »
It is always interesting to me how people become upset and negative at the end of these posts.  For the record I said a lot earlier that Win & Win makes excellent equipment.  I also said that I am glad people are buying them along with my other comments.  I wish the owner of ABS well in his business endevours.   It does not change that the bow is ugly, overpriced, and overhyped in my opinion.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©