3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Simmons Landshark's....Bleeders... or No Bleeders ?  (Read 160 times)

Offline Onlyaspike

• Trad Bowhunter
Simmons Landshark's....Bleeders... or No Bleeders ?
« on: July 01, 2011, 10:11:00 PM »
Im shooting a 45# Dorado and GT 35/55's with a finished arrow weight of approx 500 gr....(30.5" shaft 150 gr point with 50gr weights behind the insert)....My question is Im about to order some Simmons Landshark 165 broadheads ( 1 9/16" cut)...should I get the Bleeders or not? I want to have the BEST BLOODTRAIL and SHORTEST TRACKING JOB POSSIBLE....will the bleeders help at all or just stick with the 2 blade version? Thanks for the help.
Hoyt Gamemaster 2....APG Camo 45#

Offline LCH

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Simmons Landshark's....Bleeders... or No Bleeders ?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 11:15:00 PM »
I have shot 4 with the bleeders and hundreds of deer without them. I really couldn't tell the difference. I wouldn't worry about them.LCH

Online Flingblade

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 11:50:00 PM »
I bought the Tigersharks with the bleeders.  I can try them out and if I don't like them just take them out and use as a 2 blade.  I say get the bleeders so you have the option.

Offline Bill Skinner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 05:00:00 PM »
The cut you get from a Simmons is unbelievable until you see it.  If you get it sharp, you won't need the bleeders.  Use a fine chainsaw file, coarse croc stick and then fine croc stick.  Go base to tip.  Take your time.  Bill

Offline scedvm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 07:42:00 PM »
I killed my 2010 bull with a 165gr landshark with the bleeder.  No pass through so blood trail was not huge but broadhead does a lot of damage.

Offline pickaspot

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 11:28:00 PM »
Bill is on the money. I like 'em better without bleeders and they are just as lethal. My first experience with Simmons was in the early 80's. I have bought other heads through the years, but keep coming back. Interceptors are my favorites.

Check out the Steelmaster sharpener (on the website). It comes with croc sticks and will help you keep the angles just right.
"That man is the richest whose pleasures are the cheapest." H.D. Thoreau

>>>--TGMM Family of the Bow-->

Offline 23feetupandhappy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 11:54:00 AM »
Also, I think the bleeders add weight so its not a 165 gr. head any more...........I have the same setup, I bought the bleeders thinking the more the better but my setups to week with 190 gr. up front.

I cant wait to give them a try this fall!!!!!
The Lord Is My Provider......

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©