3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anneewakee Addiction Adoption (comparision pics added)  (Read 554 times)

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Anneewakee Addiction Adoption (comparision pics added)
« on: July 01, 2011, 11:12:00 PM »
Whew, that's a real mouthful - almost a tongue twister - LOL
Some of you, I'm sure, saw Batman's current classified ad for two Addiction Bows, of the Anneewakee persuasion,  for sale. If so you may also have noticed that I jumped on one of the two, as soon as I saw the ad (which wasn't right away).

I posted that I was to pick the "new" bow up tonight, and promised to post pics from the "Adoption Ceremony" It is to be a Sister bow to my Anneewakee addiction, "Blackie". So here they are, with appropriate comments.

I arrived at Don's for the ceremony, in a happy state of euphoria (that's happy squared for those mathematically inclined), and was welcomed by one of the "batman cave" local natives (Don's Son, William).

After exchanging the proper courtly greetings (and slanderous comments) Don and I went out to shoot. He, with his "keeper" Batman Edition Anneewakee Addiction , and I, with my own, "Blackie". After warming up with our bows of choice, I would get to shoot The 47# @ 28", 56"  recurve I had opted to buy from Don.

All kidding aside, we had a great time shooting on Don's bale target and on his 3d targets, all the while shooting the breeze and catching up on news we had to share. Then we made sure my "new" bow liked my CX Heritage 90 arrows. (I really do think I will call it "Brownie" as it has Sycamore limb laminations under the Camo Limbsations that Don generously included with the bow.)  It seemed to like my arrows, for me, but then, to make sure, I asked "Deadeye Don" to fling a few with it also, for verification. We really both were doing some pretty darned good shooting, while having a fine time, but his shooting is always far better and more consistant than mine.

After awhile we took a break to get an "Adoption Ceremony" Pic:

(I think my two "ladies" like each other, and Don's Special Batman Edition seemed to look on with approval.)

Here is the group Don shot from about 30 yds with my arrows and "Brownie". Mine was about twice that large, from half that far - LOL:

Here I am admiring his group, happily, with Brownie in hand:

Here Is Both of us after Don shot a group with his own Batman special and his arrows. I told him, if he shot a tighter group with his, that I was going to tell everyone he sold me an inferior bow, so I suspect he threw the last arrow high just to save face - LOL.

Anyway, the purchase was a great deal for me, and we had a great little mid-year get together. Don still has one heavier Anneewakee Addiction bow for sale - see his classified ad here on tradgang. Trust me, you won't regret it.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anneewakee Addiction Adoption (comparision pics added)
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 11:17:00 PM »
Thats some good stuff Bernie,wish I had the funds for that one,congrats shoot her well.  :thumbsup:
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline Lee Viv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 11:33:00 PM »
Good on you Bernie!   Maybe we will meet up at a future shoot and have a "get acquainted shoot" with our Addictions.

Still plan on making Hickory in the future, or maybe ATAR will be back next year!

Wish I was closer to you southern boys!

Lee

Offline varmint101

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 11:35:00 PM »
Looks like good times!!  Good deal.
Bless The Lord, O My Soul!

Member:
Indiana Bowhunter Association
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline John Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 01:17:00 AM »
What a great story.....It's like selling a puppy. You always want your pup to go to a good home. Glad your "likin" that new "Brownie" Bernie!!!

Offline ckanous

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 06:34:00 AM »
Blackie-Brownie-Bernie-Batman.  

Sounds like a line from Dr.Seus!!

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 06:47:00 AM »
Thanks guys - I do think the world of these fiesty little bows, they are all heart and performance. I also always have a blast when I can get together to shoot with good friends like this - and I always learn at least a little something that helps - if I just remember  - LOL.

I was having trouble touching my nose comfortably on my fletching (an important part of my anchor point), so I was "forgetting" to do it sometimes. Don simply twisted my shaft on the knock a tad (DUH!)and brought my cock feather up to a more comfortable "Nose-reach" - sure helped in  neck/head comfort,and consistency. Now I just have to Remember to remember -       :D      (He also gave me ten demerits for forgetting       :o    )

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 06:51:00 AM »
Ckanous, that's funny, I don't care who you are    :laughing:

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Hootsbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2011, 06:58:00 AM »
Man I almost cryed! I feel honered, congrad. Bernie, you guys are like rabbit hunters except they have packs of beagles ya'll have packs of Addictions

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2011, 07:05:00 AM »
Bernie, I too very much enjoyed our visit. Like john said ," it's like selling a puppy to a good home". I'm sure you'll get alot of enjoyment from that bow. also the young man who may be using it this hunting season. Thanks for the write up. see ya soon. DB
"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2011, 08:37:00 AM »
LOL- Lee (Hootsbow), your all heart - I love folks who can tear up when the "occasion" calls for it (just like me, f'rinstance)    :D  

I liked John's analogy too, Don. We still forgot (at the end) that other thing you asked me about, and I didn't intend to forget it, I'll be glad to do you the favor. We'll have to get together on that after the big weekend.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2011, 03:33:00 PM »
looks like it was a lot of fun, sorry i missed out on the festivities during the adoption proceedings. i'll catch up with y'all sometime soon i hope. rv
" you have done well to keep your hair when so many are after it"

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2011, 06:38:00 PM »
So that's what you typed about over in the other forum!

Alrighty then... anyone that can make a chicken farmer cry is ok by me, Bernie! Takes a real man (marine) to make one of them shed salt!   :rolleyes:    :eek:    :saywhat:  

Looks like you're building a stable of short bows in the Garden Gnome range... fine sticks they are...

When you give (or get) a hoot, ya have to give a hoot! (and hollar!)

And we won't tell...Rose thought you were out a garage sales or flea markets!  :)
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2011, 06:40:00 PM »
:laughing:    :laughing:    :laughing:
" you have done well to keep your hair when so many are after it"

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2011, 12:22:00 AM »
Yep, this is the Anneewakee Addiction Adoption I spoke of in TGMM

LOL - not quite, Doc, but that'd work too I guess, if needed, since I'm always at yard sales if I see one -       ;)  

Tell you something dandy I did see though. On the way to Don's I pass a couple of horse pastures and I always sneak eyeballs at any stock out there. Last night there happened to be a beautiful young colt - a pinto whose brown spots were almost Palamino colored. So on the way home I was set to oggle for another glimpse - instead I saw a pair of beautiful, healthy whitetail yearlings (probably last years crop) playing "tag and leap" along the woods line at the back edge of the pasture. Really finished off an already great evening in an extra fine fashion!

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2011, 07:40:00 AM »
Now, Bernie...hopefully you pulled OVER to do all this gawkin!

Having ridden wit cha that one time and watched the center line pass on both sides of your li'l truck, I'm thinking yaking, gawkin and such ain't in yer best interest while zoom-zoomin down the highway!  :scared:    :eek:  

Seriously, that is so neat to see a pretty colt one way and a new crop of yearlings prancing about on the return. You're livin right, Hoss!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2011, 08:22:00 AM »
When yer right, yer right, Dave. I do have to be very careful about that. I didn't quite stop (either way) but I did slow way down and made sure I stayed aligned properly - plus it is a straight stretch and flatter than a fritter, unlike that mountain - LOL. I do enjoy those sights and one MUST "pause and smell the roses" when nature allows the chance to present itself.

This AM, while Rose was still sleeping in I was "playing" with "Brownie" a little, and I like her just as much as I do "Blackie". The best part is, I think she seems to like me too.

When Rose got up she shook her head and said, "Just what you need, another Addiction." She was smileing though - wonder which way she meant that      :confused:        ;)  

Pictures at 11:00 (perhaps)       :archer:

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2011, 08:49:00 AM »
Lil Bro, you know I'm just messin wit cha!  :)

I tend to keep the peddle to the metal too much.. so I admire that you enjoyed what nature handed you!

Glad, too, your new "love child" has shown promise.  

This Rose... she is a peach! so many of your stories of your two's interactions make me smile! Just goes to show what a lifetime together working out the kinks will do for folks!

Congrats to you both and may there be many more years of interactions to share with us.

Bless you both!  :)

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2011, 11:43:00 AM »
I always know that, Dave, and wouldn't be sure it was you, if ya didn't - any more than you would know it was me if i didn't mess with you -    :D   .

I agree with you about Rose too, and what makes "it" work. Thanks for the kind words.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Lee Viv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2011, 03:29:00 PM »
Does "Brownie" look good in the Creme Broulee vehicle it rides in?  seriously, I couldn't think of a better person to "adopt" one of Lee's beautiful bows.....wish I could adopt the partner one.....just for the mojo from Batman!  Just shoot them equal...no need for Blackie to get jealous!  LOL!

Lee

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©