3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anneewakee Addiction Adoption (comparision pics added)  (Read 555 times)

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anneewakee Addiction Adoption (comparision pics added)
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2011, 05:38:00 PM »
I hear ya, Lee - LOL.

Speaking of shooting equal, I decided to do a little comparisson (enjoyment and pictures) at home this PM. (Remember, Brownie is 2" longer than Blackie, but 3 #s lighter.)

First here is Blackie and Brownie hanging on the same Turkey foot bow holder that Blackie has always called home since she came here. Brownie is in back of her, and I've added the "requisite" 3 hunting arrows to her Slim Jim Quiver also (no rider blunt yet though). If you spot the brown riser in the far rear of the rack, that is a little lt wt Browning Wasp I keep around for others to shoot:

Rose and I moved outside for separate pics of the bows - Blackie in draw position and at (my) full draw:

Brownie in draw position, and at full draw, with her camo Skinsation limb protectors fully on:

(more to follow)
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ckanous

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2011, 06:22:00 PM »
Lookin good Bernie!!!

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2011, 07:02:00 PM »
For the next two pics, I slipped the Skinsations back/up on Brownie's limbs, and faced the camera, so you can see her Sycamore limb lams, and why I named her "Brownie". In the first one I was still moving a little and "fuzzed" it:

Here's a birds-eye view of Blackie (left) and Brownie (right), side by next, that I took from my shooting tower:

Then, even though it was 92 degrees and the sweat flies were ferocious out, I wanted to actually put my "nose to the feather" and shoot both bows, at least a little, before returning to the comfort of the house, as Rose had already done - LOL

First I had to deal with big Red, the Target Protector", and shoo him away from the shooting lane, where he'd been studiously watching all our "moves":

I shot five arrows (yeah, I lost one in the grass at Don's Friday - LOL), with each bow, from aprox 12-13 yards and took pics of the groups.

Brownie got four 10s, and one I threw high for a "just barely" 8:

I got a little "messier" with Blackie due to the extra bit of weight, the lousey flies, and the heat wearing me down - LOL (I got a hat full of excuses). Never-the-less I still got four 10s and a not so wide 8. I did shift my stance a little to the right, after the first couple arrows BTW - marl stone under one foot:

I was pleased with the results of all of this comparison, even though it was hotter, and not as much fun, than when shooting with Don the other evening.

Hope you enjoyed the pics - thanks for looking.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2011, 08:10:00 PM »
Thanks, ckanous.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2011, 08:34:00 PM »
Glad you told us which was which in the one pic cause they both look pretty dark to me...but be the suntan brownie got hanging out in the heat!

That cat would shooed when you let er rip the first time hearing them feather fluffin overhead, I bet!  :)

Looka likw yer loosin weight Bernie...seems you need 2 belts to hold yer britches up...or is one your belt quiver?  :)  :)

Nice for ya old guy! Makes me envious. I shot today, too... but did it early afore it got steamy. I hate humidity!  :(
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2011, 08:53:00 PM »
I'm officially jealous Bernie quite a pair of bows you have there.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline John Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2011, 09:14:00 PM »
Bernie

Nice group!!!! Nice pics!!!

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2011, 09:20:00 PM »
I can see the new ad," If Bernie can shoot like this with an Addiction, just think of what YOU could do!"  :laughing:  Just kidding Bernie, I know you have plenty of experience and some of the best coaches in Trad archery right close by.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2011, 09:25:00 PM »
great report, Bernie. Looks like you can shoot either just as good. I'm heading up to John's in the am to look at a project. I'm taking the other bow up to him to carry to Denton Hill. Hopefully someone will take a shine to it as well. DB
"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Offline John Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2011, 09:29:00 PM »
Owl

Sound like the perfect ad......   :D

Offline Interseptor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2011, 10:18:00 PM »
Thanks Bernie for posting this one!  I have been looking for a one piece recurve and have fallen in love with these bows!  Getting ready to take the plunge!  Question, how long is your draw length?
Palmetto Traditional Bowhunters
Carolina Traditional Archers

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2011, 06:14:00 AM »
I wouldn't mind to much, owlbait/John, I was kinda thinking the same thing - sorta like, "So easy even a caveman can do it," type of ad     :goldtooth:

Thanks, Don. I had forgotten you said you were going to send it to Denton with John, and wondered (who lucked out) when I saw the "SOLD" on your classified ad. John will find her a good home. Hey bring me a set of Rider Arrow clamps for the Slim Jim from John, if you wouldn't mind, and I'll pay you when I pick 'em up. I think Chris Brown would like one on there if he does use it, as he liked the idea of mine.

The main difference, Doc (other than slight variances in specs, & materials), is Brownie has a neat red separator "wave" in the handle, and her "back" lams are brown instead of black, which the (real nice) camo sleeves hide in most of the pics.

Don't be too jealous, Larry (Grinch), Just take a run up here some day and I'll let ya shoot 'em both, I'd love to meet/shoot with you.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2011, 06:26:00 AM »
Oooops, sorry, Interseptor. I'm pretty much down to 25" Maybe approaching back towards 26", since switching to 3 under, and on a "good day" (I used to be 27" - LOL). I can't imagine that you'd ever be sorry if you did "plunge", they sure are sweet to handle/shoot, and John is a a super fine/fun guy to talk with on the phone. It'd be a great 4th of July  gift to yourself -     :archer:  

HAPPY FOURTH of  JULY, to ALL!

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Pon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2011, 09:38:00 AM »
Congratulations on you new bow Bernie! looks really good! Enojoy! having a new bow in the rack, what a great feeling is that!   :archer:  

oh and Happy 4th of July!
Treadway Black Forest 54" 53#@28

Offline LimBender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2011, 10:35:00 AM »
Good pics and shooting Bernie!
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Shoot some Zippers and a Bear.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2011, 11:12:00 AM »
Thanks Pon and LimBender.

I was typing an answer to Lee Vivian when the site went into software update this AM (durn being a two finger typist anyway - LOL)

Lee, Brownie and Blackie seemed to be acting like a couple of teen-aged girls at a 'jamma party on the way home from don's, so i guess she was liking  the "Poor Man's Luxury Ride" in the cb Ford Edge - LOL.
BTW, stop in at John's booth at Denton, and you might just might go home with that "batman" MOJOed-up Anneewakee Addiction, in spite of yourself - another (late) Fourth of July present to yourself.     :goldtooth:

(I guar-an-tee - I wouldn't have been in a position to pick Brownie up either, if it hadn't have been for a little "windfall" that Rose and I fell into a couple weeks ago.)

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Lee Viv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2011, 01:15:00 PM »
Bernie,

Glad to see they are adapting!  I used my Addiction bow with the Slim Jim Quiver for the first time today at a local 3D, and loved the extra weight and balance it gave the bow!  Actually shot pretty decent today..fletched up some new heritage 150's on Sunday night for the occasion, and they look pretty good with the setup!

Unfortunately, (or fortunately) I have to work the weekend of Denton Hill, so won't get to see John or the Batman bow....that's all I would need is to take it out and shoot it there!  Hope it finds a good home....

Here is a pic of my Addiction decked out and ready to go...didn't mean to steal your thread on adoption......   :knothead:

Lee

Offline Hootsbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2011, 02:57:00 PM »
Dang Lee, Hate your not going to a Denton Hill! was looking forward to seeing ya and all great photo work I knew were going to be doing. They need to just hire ya to shoot photos up there!

Offline Hootsbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2011, 03:00:00 PM »
Bernie, you need to jump in the van with John and get up there, Just show up at his house weds. morning  and tell him I said so!

Offline Lee Viv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2011, 04:02:00 PM »
Yeah , Lee, I am disappointed about not making Denton Hill but the schedule in my new job just didn't work out. I am sure there will be plenty of great photos from that weekend. You and John have a good trip and have a great week there! Just make sure the Batman bow gets a home so I'm not tempted any more!

Lee

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©