3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Those antlers (and bears!)are growing! Only 18 days til the hunt!  (Read 686 times)

Offline jimmerc

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Those antlers (and bears!)are growing! Only 18 days til the hunt!
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2011, 08:28:00 PM »
1- kajika stik combo,RC 55@28/LONGBOW 57@28 Both W/diamondback skins

1- monarch longbow royal 68" 59@28
1- bear kodak hunter-44@28

Offline Elksong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2011, 07:46:00 AM »
I know he isn't growing any antlers, but he is BIG! What a stud! I'm sure I won't see him when season opens......  :banghead:  

What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit, for whatever happens to the beasts also happens to man. All things are connected. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the children of the earth

Offline fedora

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2011, 04:55:00 PM »
I drew for statewide mule deer and have my eye on a 4 point from last year that gave me the slip.  Utahs got some awesome mule deer hunting.

Offline Elksong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2011, 06:03:00 PM »
Here's a nice 15 yard shot!

What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit, for whatever happens to the beasts also happens to man. All things are connected. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the children of the earth

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2011, 08:30:00 PM »
Man those are beautiful photos. They make me want to string my bow up and practice even harder for our upcoming deer season. Perhaps one day I will be lucky enough to get out somewhere near Colorado and go hunt elk.
James Kerr

Offline SheltonCreeker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2011, 08:39:00 PM »
Great Photos! Good looking country too!
Thanks for sharing!
"Other things being equal, it is the man who shoots with his heart in his bow that hits the mark." Dr. Saxton Pope

Offline Elksong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2011, 06:49:00 PM »
Thanks again. I saw this stud up close and personal!

Offline Elksong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2011, 08:41:00 PM »
Seeing some AWESOME animals! The deer are really putting on the point length right now. I also, picked up a bear tag today!

Offline Elksong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2011, 08:42:00 PM »

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2011, 10:00:00 PM »
Nice bucks Jason. And that is a HECK of a bear! WOW! He would make me forget about those big bucks  :)
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2011, 12:45:00 AM »
That bear is a STUD ...  :scared:    :scared:  

Great pics all ...some very awesome deer,perhaps I better retire in CO than AZ
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Elksong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2011, 07:49:00 AM »
Yeah I watched some hunting show, "bowhunter tv" I think, and they were weighing a bear that went just under 400lbs. He was nowhere near as big as the two I have posted! Here they are again - BRUTES!

Offline LONGSTYKES

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2011, 08:04:00 AM »
Jason, Awesome pics. Those Mule deer bucks look great, but those Bears are sure eating good. Very nice, Thanks
" The History of the Bow and Arrow is the History of Mankind " Fred Bear

TGMM Family of The Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2011, 09:39:00 AM »
Great pictures as always Jason...Sure hope you get a chance at one of them bears come season...Good luck!
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline House

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2011, 11:58:00 AM »
Absolutely incredible pics Jason.  Never get tired of seeing the pics in your posts!  Keep 'em coming.

Good luck to you this season.

Travis
"Dad I think maybe sometimes you think too much" after an errant shot stump shooting with Cameron, my 5 year old son.

TGMM Family of the Bow
MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline bohuntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2011, 12:55:00 PM »
Cool pictures Jason!!! Those bears are both just thugs!  It makes me feel worse about not being able to get one those OTC with caps  bear tags for Unit 61 yesterday morning.  :(
To me, the ultimate challenge in bowhunting is not how far away you can succesfully make a killing shot but rather how close you can get to the animal before shooting.

Offline SheltonCreeker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2011, 02:19:00 PM »
Those are some amazing animals! Makes me wanna move west! I love our whitetails here but my goodness those pics just get a mans heart pumpin! Thanks for posting!
"Other things being equal, it is the man who shoots with his heart in his bow that hits the mark." Dr. Saxton Pope

Offline Elksong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2011, 07:54:00 PM »
Did I mention I got a new bow? JK Traditions Kanati! 56" 67lbs @ 28" It is a shooter!

Offline Elksong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2011, 07:55:00 PM »
These guy's were waiting for me at the shop this morning. Makes it hard to focus on work!

Offline Kenneth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2011, 11:33:00 PM »
WOW!!!  Great photos!!  I first started out in trad by chasing mulies in sage country and have wanted to go back west since.  I have bears here but man those are brutes!!
Chasing my kids and my degree for now but come next fall the critters better look out.  ;)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©