3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What's your favorite camo Pattern??  (Read 2052 times)

Offline BD

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What's your favorite camo Pattern??
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2007, 12:38:00 AM »
ASAT can be found in wool, fleece, lightweight fleece, bucksuede and cotton from Day One Camo-good stuff and much less expensive than gray wolf (although I love the gray wolf stuff as well).

BD
BD

Offline boostickguy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2007, 05:58:00 AM »
Asat for sure except around my home-then I can be wearing Carhards and the animals just don't care!LOL!

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2007, 10:33:00 AM »
REMEMBER: Camoflauge is a concept, not a pattern. I am a firm believer that specific pattern does not matter, but following camoflauging principals does.

I own camo of every pattern, yet recently hunt mostly in wool plaid. I see NO difference in game reaction.

Shadows, concealment.....thats what matters.
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline One eye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2007, 03:27:00 PM »
ASAT
(I relaly liked Winona, but it is not made anymore.  I  just bought a suit off of a guy though).
“IMVHO, the cast is not in the wood it is cradled in the arms of the bowyer.” – George Tsoukalas

Offline Scott Gray

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2007, 03:34:00 PM »
ASAT 3-D is my choice. It can't be beat.
BlackCreek Banshee 42 lbs@28

Offline geno

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2007, 03:47:00 PM »
I have killed deer in just about everything.including my boxers when I slid open the kitchen door.  :bigsmyl:  I will try to find that old style treebark pattern if they still make it>>I am going to look into this asat right now.
"Learning how to shoot a bow is easy if you learn the right way"..Howard Hill

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2007, 04:10:00 PM »
I have an original pair of Mr. Jim's Tree Bark. Man are they old anyway that and a green plaid shirt early season.Red plaid when the leaves are changing,dark green/ brown plaid wool as the season gets cooler I also have a couple of Real Tree jumpsuits an original [my favorite, wacked a lot of deer in that one]and a newer one when it really gets cold and hardly any leaves on the trees . If I had the bucks to go out and buy all new stuff? I probably would  go for ASAT>>>--->

Offline quemaple

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2007, 04:23:00 PM »
Have you checked out SKYLINE'S LINE OF CAMO.I have acouple pieces in different patterns and they are really good at breaking up your silhouette.

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2007, 04:55:00 PM »
My favorite camo pattern? Whatever's on the warmest, quietest clothes I can find. Unless I'm hunting turkeys, I don't pay much attention to camo patterns.

Offline Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2007, 05:27:00 PM »
There's a VERY knowlegable and kind Trad Ganger named Carl Abrams who distributes ASAT Vanish Pro 3D camo (and I think perhaps some other brands, too).

He really does a great job as a business man, and offers a very nice discount if you say you are from the Trad Gang.  I'd recommend him to anyone who wants good products and service (and price!).

I have his e-mail recorded as: [email protected]

Daryl
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."  Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Offline Curtiss Cardinal

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2007, 01:01:00 AM »
Actually you shouldn't use that e-mail to contact Carl.That is his owrk e-mail and they frown on him using it for other business concerns. He is a friend of mine. I told him about the tradgang and how so many here seemed to like ASAT. You should contact Carl at [email protected]
and tell him Curtiss Cardinal sent you.  :bigsmyl:
for a discount that you will appreciate I'm sure.
He has talked me into becoming an ASAT dealer myself and I will become a tradgang sponsor when it becomes finalized.
It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare. ~Mark Twain
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline oneshot1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2007, 06:28:00 AM »
While color and material are important remember the four S's...Shape; minimize all distinctive humman features. Shine; avoid surface reflection, skin, equipment. Shadow: dont make, and stay with the shadows. Silhouette; dont skyline yourself. Also if you hunt with other people, when you are meeting up whats the first thing that you see on them????? 99 times out of 100 it's the face that stands out from the distance.

Offline Chester Thompson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2007, 09:38:00 AM »
Gods Country Camo
Ask me about CTO.

Offline Kenneth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2007, 09:59:00 PM »
Cody and Chester thanks for the heads up on the Gods Country Camo!  I really like their patterns and am gonna do a little more research into their stuff.

swp and BD thanks for the heads up about Day One Camo, I'll have to check that out and see if they have what I'm looking for.

C2 (Curtis) does Carl have a website?  does he have ASAT available in fleece, wool, and such?

If I had the money, I would go for the Sitka gear with the Mothwing Mountain Mimicry pattern.  It's some good quality stuff and the pattern is awesome!  

Wow so many choices!!  I know the deer don't care to much about the pattern, but I'm looking for something that's pleasing to my eye.  Isn't that what the whole camo thing is all about anyway?  It's kinda like wearing a shirt or jacket with your favorite sports team on it.  :)   thanks for all the input everyone.  it's gonna take me a few days, but i'll report back and let you fellers know what team i'm rootin' for!  :)
Chasing my kids and my degree for now but come next fall the critters better look out.  ;)

Offline BD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2007, 10:01:00 PM »
Kenneth-

Carl can get ASAT products through Day One and direct from ASAT (including the Sitka gear)-I would highly recommend you go through him-I just ordered some more ASAT from him.

PM me if you want more details.

BD
BD

Offline Kenneth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2007, 10:03:00 PM »
oh, i forgot.  it seems most of you voted for the Predator Fall Brown, but I can't find it anywhere.  The brown deception is everywhere though.  I really like the pattern offered on the Double Bull blinds, it's call Deception All Season.  I wish they offered it in their clothing line, if they did the search would be over!
Chasing my kids and my degree for now but come next fall the critters better look out.  ;)

Offline Doublegun

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2007, 10:15:00 PM »
Another vote from ASAT from DayOne.  Great prices, great service.  I hunt in/around a lot of corn fields - ASAT can't be beat.

Offline BD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2007, 11:08:00 PM »
Kenneth-the db blind pattern is predator brown deception.

BD
BD

Offline Kenneth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2007, 10:15:00 PM »
Well I just placed a couple of orders and I went with a few different patterns because BassPro had some good prices on t-shirts and almost everything in Realtree Hardwoods HD, and I ordered some silent weave pants from Cabelas in Realtree AP HD, I got a Vista fleece side quiver in Max 4, and I still have my plaids and earthtones to mix and match.  Sometime in the future though I'm saving up and getting the Sitka Gear in the Mountain Mimicry pattern!!!  Thanks for the input everyone.

Offline LONGHORN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2007, 04:41:00 PM »
1- Good background
2- Wind direction
3- Don't move
4- pick a spot  
5- Mossy oak break up     :bigsmyl:  

Serge
"The sportsman who accepts the sporting code of ethics keeps his commandments in the greatest solitude with no witnesses or audience other than the sharp peaks of the mountain, the stern oak, and the passing animal"
~Jose Ortega Y Gasset~

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©