3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What's your favorite camo Pattern??  (Read 2054 times)

Offline Frank V

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What's your favorite camo Pattern??
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2007, 05:43:00 PM »
I am turning more & more to plaids in green/brown,wool when cool enough. When I do wear cammo it's ASAT. Frank
U.S.A. "Ride For The Brand Or Leave."

Offline bowmac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2007, 05:57:00 PM »
I'm cheap for warmer weather I wear whatever Wal-mart is selling at the time. Another new camo this year with pine tree's etc. Cool to cold weather I use Wool clothes from Cabela's or my own wool versions. When hunting with other History Re-enactors I wear Breechclout, Braintan Leggins and layered linen  shirts all dyed in Sumac Berries. I have used this outfit all over the Country with out a problem.
Wool the Natural Fiber

Offline Forester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2007, 06:21:00 PM »
Soft, medium gray wools or plaids in neutral tones.

In actual "camo patterns" I prefer ASAT.  

I also really use to like the original TreBark.  As a camo pattern I still do, but since the founder/creator was instrumental (from my informed understanding) in the back-door rushed inclusion of crossbows in the VA archery season, I can't seem to buy any more from the new release.
"A conservationist is one who is humbly aware that with each stroke of his axe he is writing his signature on the face of his land." - Aldo Leopold -

Offline countrygirl

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Charter Member
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2007, 09:59:00 PM »
I do love Nat Gear...wears well and is comfortable and I like the pattern.  I do have a variety of camo though... I also love to wear the stuff from the army surplus store too.  

I found a new line of girls hunting camo....this summer at the Southern Deer Hunters Expo... wow...the stuff even fits better.

I have noticed that to me the critters don't seem to care what I wear.
"Gator n 'Dilla Killah"

Online Bowsey Wails

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Timmy P
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2007, 09:36:00 AM »
ASAT, but it's in a knit cardigan that I don't think is available anymore (at least 20 years old). Anyone remember the Winona knit camo? It's that type of sweater with the ASAT pattern.

Tim
"I use no device to direct my arrow towards its mark, save my eyes and my will." Anthony Camera, aka Viper.
I'm not old school, I'm one room school house.

Offline Steve P

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2007, 10:29:00 AM »
Ya, still have some Winona. Effective, comfortable.

Steve

Offline Curveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2007, 10:46:00 AM »
I honestly don't know what I have now! IT is an assortment I know that I regularly mix and match. I think camo ads are like those pet food commercials-they appeal to people when the animals don't care at all-they'll eat anything! I'm convinced that as long as you cover your face in something and otherwise just break up the pattern, stay downwind and still-you will be fine! I hae some scent lock too and I don't think that matters either!
Compliance Officer MK,LLC
NRA Life Member

Offline electric blues

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2007, 01:08:00 PM »
Realtree AP HD for early fall, Realtree Hardwoods HD for deep winter, and Realtree Hardwoods Green HD for my rain gear.

No camo will hide you if you move.

Offline cedar swampman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2007, 10:16:00 PM »
ASAT anytime anywhere anyseason

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2007, 10:34:00 PM »
anything plaid
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline countrygirl

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Charter Member
« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2007, 11:02:00 PM »
Gee I forgot....to list the camo pattern of my favorite down hunting jacket.  It is a Browning Jacket that I bought at Big Daddy's last year while enroute to Missouri.  The pattern is Mossy Oak Brush and it blends in well in the Missouri hard woods.
"Gator n 'Dilla Killah"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©