3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: A sad day for "Stringstretchers Feather Grinding" Please read  (Read 811 times)

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Anyone here on TradGang or otherwise, that has dealings with me, Stringstretcher, please go and read what I have had to post on my associate sponsor listing.  I hope everyone understands, and will be willing to work with me and the new owner.

http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=162;t=000046
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: A sad day for "Stringstretchers Feather Grinding" Please read
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 04:11:00 PM »
Get well Man! It's OK.
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline cbCrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 04:32:00 PM »
Don't worry about the small stuff, and opinons are in reality small stuff, do what you got to do to make you better. Good luck and I hope nothing but the best for you.

Offline Huntingnut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 04:35:00 PM »
I will be praying for your health.I don't think anyone here will harbor ill feelings toward you for your decision.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 04:44:00 PM »
Thanks for all the members that you served! Highest of hope that you will find your health and enjoy all parts of the things that mean the most to you! Take care Charles and enjoy your break. Here's to future good health for you!   :thumbsup:
Mike Gerard  owlbait
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 04:57:00 PM »
Charlie - Bless you for being the gracious and customer oriented person that you are.  Your struggles over the past two years have been numerous, and through it all your focus and worry has been on those you call friends and customers.  In the past six months your daily struggles have been a great concern to me, and your successes and progress have brought me great joy my friend.  I know if there was any way possible for you to tend to your commitments you would do so, but you've had too great a struggle for the grinding of feathers to continue to set back your recovery.  I applaud your decision to do this for the sake of your own health and happiness.

I believe you are making two spectacular decisions here.  One....to put things aside that are not in the best interest of your long term health.  Second....to put your business in the hands of a man who is most like you with respect to quality service, a quality product, and putting the customer's needs first.  You could not have chosen a more perfect person to carry your banner forward.

If anyone is concerned that Matt will not live up to the commitments Charlie is passing to him, Fear Not! You will receive a product every bit as good as you would have from Charlie....as Charlie will be hand training Matt in the very near future, and Matt will be utilizing Charlie's expertise as well as Charlie's tools, jigs, and equipment.  I have no doubts as to Charlie's ability to not only school Matt (who already has a good deal of experience in this) to produce the same high quality feathers, but to keep himself available to Matt for any assistance he may need to continue to take great care of all of your needs.
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 05:03:00 PM »
Wishing you the best, can not imagine any one having ill feelings.
shoot straight shoot often

Offline bolong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 07:47:00 PM »
I don't even know you but you sound like a stand-up man to me. Praying your health improves.
bolong

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2011, 08:00:00 PM »
Charlie,

I posted this on your other thread, but I want you to see it here, too!

Some know you better than I, but I've come to know your heart and spirit over our time of sharing.

I know that you are aslo struggling with "What now?" as this archery stuff has been your life.

I can't spell Ecllesiastes right, but isn't that where the verse about "When I was a child....and now that I am a man...Etc?"

You know the verse.

You have wisely and selflessly chosen now to become the mentor and pass the torch. All things in His time.

Your service to us has just begun, it's just going to take on a new vision and image. God hasn't revealed it completely, but rest assured, you have much yet to offer and we'll draw it out of you!

You're loved, respected and supported by many, Brother, and all the agonizing is for naught.

Now, you've taught me things I never knew about choppin feathers and I'm looking forward to using the new knowledge. You have lots more to share with us all....

Stand back, World, Charlie got a brand new bag!

:clapper:
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2011, 08:10:00 PM »
You are doing the right thing Charlie.  I can only imaging how hard it is, but rest assured, Matt is a stand up guy (of course I didn't have to tell you that).  

Everything happens for a reason.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline Pete Patterson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2011, 08:44:00 PM »
Originally posted by Doc Nock:
Charlie,

I posted this on your other thread, but I want you to see it here, too!

Some know you better than I, but I've come to know your heart and spirit over our time of sharing.

I know that you are aslo struggling with "What now?" as this archery stuff has been your life.

I can't spell Ecllesiastes right, but isn't that where the verse about "When I was a child....and now that I am a man...Etc?"

You know the verse.

You have wisely and selflessly chosen now to become the mentor and pass the torch. All things in His time.

Your service to us has just begun, it's just going to take on a new vision and image. God hasn't revealed it completely, but rest assured, you have much yet to offer and we'll draw it out of you!

You're loved, respected and supported by many, Brother, and all the agonizing is for naught.

Now, you've taught me things I never knew about choppin feathers and I'm looking forward to using the new knowledge. You have lots more to share with us all....

Stand back, World, Charlie got a brand new bag!

:clapper:  
....and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the age. Matt 28:20

Offline Pete Patterson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2011, 08:45:00 PM »
I Corinthians 13:11
....and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the age. Matt 28:20

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2011, 09:10:00 PM »
Keep the Faith Charlie.

I have a few arrows fletched with your feathers. I hope to take a deer with one this fall in your honor.

You have been nothing but the epitome of what tradgang represents.

Your successor is also a fine member here and I'm sure he will do your legacy proud.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2011, 09:14:00 PM »
Yup. That is it Pete.

The other one is the one about Seasons of a Man's life made into a popular song years back. Doh!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2011, 06:56:00 AM »
Thanks again everyone.  I want to keep this at the top for a while so that everyone that has dealings with me has a chance to read it and respond.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Lee Viv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2011, 08:32:00 AM »
Charlie,

I responded on the other thread...

lee

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2011, 05:10:00 PM »
Thanks Lee and everyone again for their support and understanding.

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline crotch horn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2011, 02:16:00 AM »
ok then, lets get her back up there. You did a great job for me & I just want to say...get healthy!!!!

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2011, 02:25:00 AM »
Brother your health takes priority over everything else we want you to stick around for a long time,take care Larry.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2011, 09:41:00 AM »
Healing prayers your way. Get well asap.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©