3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Shrew Safari is here  (Read 1544 times)

Online 1/4 away

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Shrew Safari is here
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2011, 11:10:00 AM »
Excuse me while I drool all over my keyboard!!
Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Offline joekeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2011, 11:20:00 AM »
:thumbsup:

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2011, 11:35:00 AM »
me too........awesome!
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline House

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2011, 11:55:00 AM »
Awesome looking bow!

Travis
"Dad I think maybe sometimes you think too much" after an errant shot stump shooting with Cameron, my 5 year old son.

TGMM Family of the Bow
MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline Nathan Killen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2011, 12:09:00 PM »
WOW !
Genesis 21:20 And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer. ->>>---------------->

Jesus is my lord and savior, Who is he to you ?

60" Little Mountain built by Ethan Rodrigue

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2011, 01:06:00 PM »
Thats awesome!!
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2011, 01:14:00 PM »
Another beauty! And a 60"er, my personal faveorite.  :D  

Eric

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2011, 01:20:00 PM »
I can TRULY say, without any doubt in my mind, this is THE FINEST looking bow I have EVER  seen!

When it comes time for me to go on "The LONG HUNT "
I hope the bow I carry will look half that good.

Boy oh boy that bow just tugs at my soul..

Excellent work!

:notworthy:        :notworthy:
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2011, 01:25:00 PM »
It looks purdy and tough as a nail!
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2011, 01:26:00 PM »
Ron,

I don't take any credit whatsoever for the bow! You were the father of the Shrew line of bows, and Gregg is the master bowyer who has given birth to each and every one of them for years now. I have had the great privilege of owning, shooting and hunting with well over a dozen of your bows over the years. There are certainly other great bows made by other talented bowyers, and I own many of them, but the Shrews are the ultimate lightweight, long draw length, smooth drawing, pointable, relatively short bows for the traditional hunter.

My Buffalo Bow is wonderful, but the new Shrew Safari is going to be even better shooting and more attractive. I envy Doug Burns for getting the original Shrew Safari, and I am upset that he is having it sent to Colorado where he will be spending much of the summer, such that I won't be able to shoot it and do a review for awhile. I have told him to bring it back to Oklahoma as soon as possible so I can get it in my hands.

Great job on a beautiful bow that Gregg and you have made a reality. It has been my dream heavy game bow, and now I can only wait to get one built for me when my name comes up again on the order list.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2011, 01:44:00 PM »
Allan, do you think Doug would mind if I sent the bow to Colorado by way of Oklahoma?...just a thought..   :biglaugh:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2011, 01:54:00 PM »
Could send it a few miles north for "inspection" if you'd like..lol
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2011, 02:45:00 PM »
I had to see how the Shrew quiver from Eagles Flight looked on the bow. This one is a 3 arrow model and when you think about it if you're hunting dangerous game that should be enough...if the critter is still coming after 3 shots you'd better be looking for a tree to climb.

I'll bet I could talk Don into making a special "Safari" model quiver, and Paul Jalon could make some "Safari" arrows in wood or carbon....and while we're at it, how about a big heavy "Safari" broadhead. Just rollin around some ideas.

This is a 225gr "Tuffhead" I talked with Joe of Tuffhead today and there may be a 300-325gr head coming soon. Now that would really be a head to take on Safari.

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2011, 02:49:00 PM »
STOP IT!
    :biglaugh:

You're makin it hurt..

Online Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2011, 04:05:00 PM »
Doug's probably thinking "quit taking pictures and send me my bow"    :biglaugh:
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline Cambow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2011, 04:11:00 PM »
One of the prettiest I've ever seen... great work!
- CAMBOW
   Stick Bendin' - Shaft Chuckin' - Trad Junkie...

Offline Ringneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2011, 04:15:00 PM »
That's a looker for sure!!

Offline giff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2011, 04:21:00 PM »
looks good

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2011, 06:40:00 PM »
Originally posted by amar911:
Ron,

I don't take any credit whatsoever for the bow! You were the father of the Shrew line of bows, and Gregg is the master bowyer who has given birth to each and every one of them for years now. I have had the great privilege of owning, shooting and hunting with well over a dozen of your bows over the years. There are certainly other great bows made by other talented bowyers, and I own many of them, but the Shrews are the ultimate lightweight, long draw length, smooth drawing, pointable, relatively short bows for the traditional hunter.

My Buffalo Bow is wonderful, but the new Shrew Safari is going to be even better shooting and more attractive. I envy Doug Burns for getting the original Shrew Safari, and I am upset that he is having it sent to Colorado where he will be spending much of the summer, such that I won't be able to shoot it and do a review for awhile. I have told him to bring it back to Oklahoma as soon as possible so I can get it in my hands.

Great job on a beautiful bow that Gregg and you have made a reality. It has been my dream heavy game bow, and now I can only wait to get one built for me when my name comes up again on the order list.

Allan
Well said Allan !!!   :thumbsup:  That sure is a beautiful bow  :eek:  Gregg sure does build some stunning bows !!!  :notworthy:    :notworthy:  

Bill

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2011, 09:33:00 PM »
Gnarly, dude!

Oops, momentary deviation from eloquence. The devil made me dood it!   :D      

Nicest looking Shrew I have seen yet, Ron and Gregg.
Killdeer   :thumbsup:      :archer2:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©