3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: follow up shots  (Read 237 times)

Offline lovethehunt

• Trad Bowhunter
follow up shots
« on: July 06, 2011, 09:51:00 AM »
I have been hunting since I was the young age of 10, now I am 40 and have been blessed to have spent many day afield and seen many great things. I am not a trophy hunter of antlers, but of food, all creatures that bring nourishment are a gist from God. I have taken several different game species and missed many more. One thing that doesn't seen to happen frequently is the opportunity of a second shot. I've had it happen with a firearm (last fall two bucks fell in less than five seconds), but not with big game and my bow. I have used tradition equipment since 1994 and had several deer go down in sight, even two that gave me the chance of a second arrow but was not needed. Last night I had a great follow up right in the yard. This has happened a few times on a bag target, never in the 3-d's. One interesting thing about this is the two different arrows. They are 20grns. different in weight. So much for needing everything 'perfect'.

Offline Bernie B.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: follow up shots
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 09:56:00 AM »
Great shooting!  Watch that shoulder blade though.  Sometimes I think we can get too "picky" about everything having to be just perfect also.  As long as you're getting good arrow flight, use anything that works.  Again, great shot!

Bernie Bjorklund

NC Iowa/SW Wisconsin

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©