3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: An impressive interview with Jason Hairston, owner and founder of KUIU...  (Read 329 times)

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
I know a lot of people have asked here, and me personally, about Jason's involvement with traditional archery...

Well here's your chance to see how it all began.....Jason's life in a nutshell.

Jason is a very impressive and "cool" dude!

Although we've never actually met, there's never been an e-mail, text, or phone conversation that didn't leave me impressed and inspired by his intellegence and devotion to everything he does...I'm extremely proud to call him my friend!

Hope we get to share one of these soon bro      :campfire:  

Enjoy...
  http://kuiu.com/thehunt/jason-hairston?page=2
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline jcar315

• Trad Bowhunter
Fascinating story. Thanks for the link Curt.
Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM  Family of the Bow"

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
Made for a nice read
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline Zbearclaw

• Trad Bowhunter
Whoever does their articles is wonderful!

Jason seems like both a talented and driven guy, though he has been lucky as well (which he seems to readily admit).

I wish him success.
Give me a bow a topo and two weeks, and I guarantee I kill two weeks!

Offline Dirtybird

• Trad Bowhunter
That's a pretty amazing life.  I'm glad he's here and helping us all reach for our goals.

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
Jason is an amazing young man, and the Kuiu line of clothing and equipment is the best available for the type of hunting it was built to handle. I have pretty much every item Jason has produced, and it is all spectacular, but even more impressive is the man himself.

I used some of the Kuiu clothing in Australia, but I really needed the hot weather hunting gear that Jason is currently designing and will produce in the near future (I hope). Most of the Kuiu products I have now will be perfect for my fall hunts, along with daily wear for some of the clothing.

Thanks, Curt, for featuring a great guy who is giving all of us hunters the best new gear on the market, with more on the way. And thank you, Jason, for being that guy!

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Your very welcome John and Allan...Jason is certainly "the real deal"!

Although I knew a bit about Jason's backround in trad archery and football, it was nice to read more detail about his life.

Not hard to see why him and my other bud Peter Iacavazzi are such good friends, they are one in the same....two of the most intellegent, impressive, and inspirational people I know.

With Jason at the helm, and guys like Peter helping him out....the future of KUIU is very, very bright!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Online Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
Its nice to get a better look at how things develop on the inovative side. I like that Jason is a trad bowhunter at heart. Mike

Offline hayslope

• Trad Bowhunter
I love the clothing that I've purchased to this point.  Can't wait to use it this hunting season.

It's great to read even more about the background and Jason.  Thanks for posting this Curt....I haven't been to their web site or blog in a while.

Since I have a tendency to spend a LOT of time up in a treestand, I've been a big Predator camo pattern fan (especially the Fall Gray and Brown) for quite a long time and KUIU's camo pattern really has me excited about using it this fall.  I believe it will work just as well on the ground.  Can't wait to put it to the "test".
TGMM Family of the Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

“Only after the last tree has been cut down…the last river has been poisoned…the last fish caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten." - Cree Indian Prophesy

Offline GO Rogers

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
:campfire:    :coffee:
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. TGMM ♥

Offline RM81

• Trad Bowhunter
Cool story.  Sounds like his hard work is paying off for him.

Offline bayhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
that was awsome! does anybody know what bow he shots

Offline John Havard

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I can't believe the W.L. Gore company didn't get a non-compete agreement with Jason when they bought Sitka.  

Good for Jason!

Offline bohuntr

• Trad Bowhunter
Cool article!
To me, the ultimate challenge in bowhunting is not how far away you can succesfully make a killing shot but rather how close you can get to the animal before shooting.

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
bayhunter,
He shoots a Thunderhorn longbow, by Duane Jessop.

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Good read! Just ordered my first products for my mountain hunt coming up. Picked my wife up a jacket as well, as she will be my guide/spotter/climbing buddy. Thanks to Guru and Ryan for their insight into the gear. Can't wait to try it out!
Mike Davenport

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
You're welcome my friend!  Please be sure to send your pics to KUIU.  Best of luck on your upcoming season!!!
Aloha!
Ryan

Offline Dan Adair

• Trad Bowhunter
I think he's a neat guy, and I've been following the companies story for a while.  I like some of his theories as well

I like their clothing a lot better than the ICON pack.  I plan on giving his base layer a try out soon.  I've been running cheaper Merino wool for a couple saesons now, and I ain't ever looking back.  

The Icon pack, well...  For that coin, I'd buy a Kifaru UL and never look back.  Put 100+ pounds in each one and tell me you wouldn't do the same and I'd call you a liar.  Even the tried and true fat pig Mystery Ranch packs suck a whole lot less once loaded.

Offline bayhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks Ryan!  :)

Offline Nole

• Trad Bowhunter
That is a great story I really enjoy reading about entrepreneurs and how they get started.  I received my attack pants and Merino 185 top last week and I am really excited about wearing them this fall. The fit of the pants is better than any other hunting pant I have put on and very comfortable. I really like the weight of the Merino 185 top.  I was a little skeptical about the Vias camo for hunting in the south but it will do great.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©