3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ilf help  (Read 173 times)

Offline Indiana-jim

• Trad Bowhunter
ilf help
« on: July 06, 2011, 10:29:00 PM »
hello guys, im looking to get in the ilf seen but have only shoot a few(15 inch tdx with sky limbs and a hoyt exel) My question to you more educated fellows is what do you suggest for a hunting bow with the occasional 3d shoots. another question is about limbs(so many), which do you suggest? any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys, Jim

Offline stevewills

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ilf help
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 10:46:00 PM »
draw length determines the length of limbs you will need.ive owned several and for the money you cant beat a 21 inch excel with some black max limbs..here is what ive seen work for others ive shot with...short limbs 25-27 inch draw med.26-29 and longs 28 plus..i have a 29.5 and can shoot med.or longs...good luck
i like biscuits

Offline 2 Barrels

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 10:55:00 PM »
I have a 29" draw.I really like 17" risers with long limbs.It depends on your draw lenght what will work for you.
Never trust a bald man with a pony tail.If he's not honest with himself.He wont be honest with you.

Offline Indiana-jim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 10:58:00 PM »
i guess i should have put that in my original post i draw 29 inches. thanks for the reply's Jim

Offline Indiana-jim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 11:32:00 AM »
ttt

Offline 2 Barrels

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 01:19:00 PM »
If you liked the 15" metal riser. It would be hard to beat one of Morrisons 15" risers.I've had one of them.With long limbs it worked pretty well at my draw length.As far as limbs you can spend $100.00 to $700.00 and still have very good performing limbs.I had a set of Morrison glass foam limbs.They were very smooth and fast.In my personal experience with production limbs the wood cores are faster with hunting weight arrows.The trad tech black max glass or carbon are very good limbs for the money.I've used them.The nice thing about ilf is you can try a little bit of every thing till you find what really works for you.Without breaking the bank.The metal riser will give you a alot more flexability with grips and arrow choices.Most of them can be shot either off the shelf or with a elevated rest.I've been shooting ilf bows for about a year now and really like it alot.
Never trust a bald man with a pony tail.If he's not honest with himself.He wont be honest with you.

Offline BowMIke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 01:27:00 PM »
I recently acquired a Morrison ILF 17" wood riser with Watermoccasin skin backed, carbon/foam limbs, which makes a 60" bow. I really like it. It is very quick, smooth and enjoyable to shoot. And I can adjust the poundage from 51 to 54 lbs.
It's hard to beat a Morrison!
This is my first ILF and I find them very enjoyable to shoot.

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 10:29:00 PM »
I'de say the 3Rivers Dalaa with carbon/foam limbs or give Morrison a call.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline Turkeys Fear Me

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 07:07:00 AM »
Originally posted by Indiana-jim:
hello guys, im looking to get in the ilf seen but have only shoot a few(15 inch tdx with sky limbs and a hoyt exel) My question to you more educated fellows is what do you suggest for a hunting bow with the occasional 3d shoots. another question is about limbs(so many), which do you suggest? any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys, Jim
In my opinion Jim, with a 29" draw, the 15" riser might not be the route to go.  Seeing that you want a bow for hunting and 3D, why not get a riser like the TT Titan and two sets of the basic Black Max limbs.  At 130 dollars, they are no slouches in the performance department but you could get a set of mediums for your hunting bow in a set of longs for your 3D bow.

Just a thought.

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2011, 11:08:00 AM »
I have a Morrison Mini 13" riser with Carbon Foam Banded WaterSnake skin limbs.  I draw 29 1/2" and it's adjustable from 55-60#.  And it's a 60" bow.  Its smooth and fast.  I love it!

Offline Indiana-jim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2011, 12:31:00 PM »
thanks for the info guys keep it comming

Offline Real Buckmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2011, 11:10:00 PM »
I have tied alot of high end bows the last 35 years. I now have 3 all Morrison ilfs.  I have tried all the riser sizes and like the 15" best. I kinda like the metal riser for daily shooting, but hunt with the 15" wood riser. I shoot all morriosn carbon/foam limbs. I like all lengths. If I had to choose on it would be the D limbs for a 60" bow. Morrison best bow I ever shot.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©