3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Minnesota DNR Shutdown.  (Read 424 times)

Offline bryan r

• Trad Bowhunter
Minnesota DNR Shutdown.
« on: July 08, 2011, 02:22:00 PM »
Went to purchase my bear license today, only to find out that the DNR went on vacation. If this isn't cleared up by the 29th of this month, all lottery winners who haven't gotten their license yet will be SOL.

I am less than happy...

Anyone else effected by this?

Offline RM81

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Minnesota DNR Shutdown.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 03:01:00 PM »
They also shut their website down last week due to a "budget impasse".

If there is no MN DNR, then do you need a tag to hunt?    :readit:   (just kidding of course)

Offline SS Snuffer

• Trad Bowhunter
  • At home in White Oaks and swamps
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 03:06:00 PM »
Relatives coming and no fishing license for them!
Vote them all out of office 1st chance I get!!
Chuck
Kodiak Mag 52" 41 lb.
Kota Kill-Um 60" 42 lb.
Kanati 58" 38 lb.
Black Hunter Longbow 60" 40 lb.

No Guts - No Story

Offline SheltonCreeker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 03:10:00 PM »
Bought my tag early and sounds like it was a good thing. Got it Via the net no problems but did it the first day they were avaliable. Sorry to here about your luck. What hunt area do you have Bryan?
"Other things being equal, it is the man who shoots with his heart in his bow that hits the mark." Dr. Saxton Pope

Offline arky714

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 03:15:00 PM »
sounds like you don't need a license because there in no one to ask you for one...

Offline RM81

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 03:28:00 PM »
Everything I've read has stated that the CO's will still enforce the law.

Offline bryan r

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 03:39:00 PM »
Dave, I will be hunting Area 51, if I'm able to get the license. I'm hoping they will extend the deadline once they get rolling again.

Offline Ranger44

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 04:14:00 PM »
Sorry that you can't buy your license but there was plenty of warning that the State was going to shut down.  Don't blame anyone but the legislature.  They failed to get a budget agreed upon and almost all State employees got laid off.  COs are working and enforcing the laws when they are not providing security to State facilities.

I'm not sure one party should get more blame than another since they have both planted themselves firmly and refused to move.  Hopefully it will get done soon and people will get their jobs and lives back and people can buy licenses again along with all the other services.

Offline bryan r

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 04:24:00 PM »
Think I may have struck a nerve. Sorry Ranger.

Unfortunately this came as a surprise to me, as I am not an avid watcher of the news, or a reader of the paper.

I'm not placing blame on anyone, nor trying to start an argument. I'm just a man who wants to hunt, and I think that's something all of us here can agree on.

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2011, 04:41:00 PM »
Can you say ABSURD... That's exactly how I feel about this.

Not only:

1. Resorts that rely on tourism, can't sell fishing liscenses. (Like SS Snufers guests). I've heard of cancellations of vacations.

2. 4th of July weekend: People had to pack up and be out of "all" state parks by 4:00 on that Thursday.  People plan travel and invest.

Saying this is ridiculous is an understatement.  

So much for the Fall Turkey Hunt, which is a lottery, I'm not sure if they'll get there "computers up and running again"...

I feel everyone's pain.   :knothead:

Offline buzzcut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2011, 05:32:00 PM »
My friend who is employed by the MN DOT was instructed, when preparing sites to be closed during the shutdown, by his supervisors "make it (the shutdown) hurt" the public.  Great attitude.

Offline Bob Abeln

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2011, 05:45:00 PM »
Yeah, but lets build some more stadiums and not fix our roads. They seem to have heads you know where!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline KevO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2011, 07:56:00 PM »
Stupid question?  If you can't buy a fishing license, would you be required to have one?  Who's going to enforce the law?

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2011, 09:56:00 PM »
If I was kicked out of a campground I would be sending a bill to someone to pay once they figure it out.

Here I thought NY was the only stupid state   :knothead:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2011, 10:06:00 PM »
I was going to comment on what I thought about the people responsible for such a disruption of the lives of the taxpayers of Minnesota...but I won`t.

Instead, I`ll just say I hope bryan r gets his  bear tag in time and the people of Minnesota get replacements for their so called "legislature".

Offline bryan r

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2011, 10:17:00 PM »
Apparently it goes alot deeper than I initially thought... Did a bit more research and actually feel pretty bad about posting this... One guy pissin and moaning about a hunt, while there are families who are out a source of income.

Mods, do as you will with this one.

Offline rraming

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2011, 10:55:00 PM »
Correction (DNR) Officers are still working. Unfortunate 22,000 have to suffer for politics. The reality of it is they had 6 months to figure it out and decided to wait and try to work on it the last minute (that's how I read it anyway). If I hunted like they work, I'd never see a deer.

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2011, 12:11:00 AM »
I wrote "our" senators today telling them tobe leaders and be the first to offer real compromise proposals. I say "our" as I believe they are bought by bigentities. We are not really represented.  Matters not if there is a D or an R behind the title. Two cheeks of the same butt

Hope you get your tag.  Do not harsh out the COs mellow as he is a pawn in this game
Skipfron NV
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline mikebiz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2011, 07:18:00 AM »
Show me a State that's not totally f@#*ed. Here in NJ we have corruption, super high taxes, overpopulation and not many jobs.  Fortunately we still have lots of open space to explore.  Welcome to the America of 2011.
"...and last of all I leave to you the thrill of life and the joy of youth that throbs a moment in a well bent bow, then leaps forth in the flight of an arrow." - Saxton Pope

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2011, 07:52:00 AM »
This sort of hardline stance by political parties is the biggest problem in America today.

Compromise
a : settlement of differences by arbitration or by consent reached by mutual concessions

b : something intermediate between or blending qualities of two different things

Seems pretty simple to me.
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©