3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Minnesota DNR Shutdown.  (Read 425 times)

Offline smilinicon

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Minnesota DNR Shutdown.
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2011, 08:33:00 AM »
The way things are going, we better get used to it...

Offline Hogcoots

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2011, 08:45:00 AM »
I have little faith in any politician or political party.  They are all of the same ilk.  

I hope you get your license.

Offline pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2011, 08:46:00 AM »
This is a surprise? It's happening nationally as well. There will continue to be problems because we spend more than we have, and those with their hand out would rather run up the credit card bill or take more money out of someone else's pocket to pay rather than doing for themselves.

I do hope it gets resolved so your hunting isn't impacted.

Offline ksbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2011, 09:00:00 AM »
Hate it that you're having problems, But what pdk25 is right on the money. We as a nation cannot continue to spend more than we take in and higher taxes is not the answer. If it means some discomfort so be it. All the government handouts (especially to non citizens living here and other countries) is dragging us down the tubes. Hope your state gets it fixed soon.
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2011, 11:16:00 AM »
Compromise isn't much an option when all the money is gone and states are billions in debt and the feds are 14 trillion in debt.
Compromise may have had an impact 30 years ago.

Online mjh

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2011, 11:17:00 AM »
So much for doing the peoples work, if you and I worked like they do we would be out on our rears, yea there is that problem with spending what yea earn, but who pays to put these people in office in the first place, lots of other problems politians will never be able to fix, for the out of work I feel for yea, for the CO's do the best yea can I'll do my part fishing and hunting with the law...

Offline Easykeeper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2011, 12:07:00 PM »
There's really no excuse for the shutdown.  The inability to compromise is not what is needed in political leadership.  Lots of tough situations with people being laid off, handicapped people loosing care givers, but the people doing the "negotiations" are just going on with their life.  

What really chaps my hide now that everything is shut down, is that they aren't even meeting and working on things.  No talks since Wednesday and nothing scheduled for the future.  They should be hunkered down in an office at least eight hours a day, every day, until it's fixed.  And they are still getting paid for the days past the deadline while state employees are out on their butt...   :banghead:

I feel bad for the people who can't get their fishing license, but I've got a feeling there are not going to be many tickets issued for fishing without a license during the shutdown.

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2011, 01:56:00 PM »
What a load..
So...these CO's that are out there enforcing the law get money from where??? your taxes
And they are paid to do what...watch you...
If you can't go hunting cause you can't get tags why are the CO's working...?
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline SheltonCreeker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2011, 02:13:00 PM »
Well good luck in area 51 if you get your tag and get to hunt. I didn't know any of this was going on I was just eager to get a bear tag so I got it the first day. Quite the thread you started here Bryan. I'm gonna leave my 2 cents out about the politics tho.
"Other things being equal, it is the man who shoots with his heart in his bow that hits the mark." Dr. Saxton Pope

Offline bryan r

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2011, 02:20:00 PM »
Haha, quite the thread indeed. I didn't think I would be opening a can of political worms when I posted it.

Keep waiting for the mods to shut er down.

Offline SheltonCreeker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2011, 02:33:00 PM »
Im gonna be hunting area 25 with BeaverTail Outfitters. Gonna be hunting around Effie MN. Any advice for an out of stater coming your way in the fall Bryan?
"Other things being equal, it is the man who shoots with his heart in his bow that hits the mark." Dr. Saxton Pope

Online Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2011, 08:01:00 PM »
Sorry to hear that but it seems like this is the way they get us taxpayers to pay even more money. Case in point, here on Long Island if a school budget doesn't pass the first thing they do is lock up the school so you can't use the ball parks etc and cancel all the sports and extra curricular activities. Forget about tryingto cut out any waste and believe me asa CPA i can tell you that every government agency probably wastes at least 20% of its budget.
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2011, 10:54:00 PM »
It is comforting to know the waste is only 20%; my guess would have been upwards of 50! LOL
As long as they can keep us believing that one Party is better/different than the other Party we are divided and won't be storming the castle walls together any time soon.

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2011, 11:38:00 PM »
Well said

We have been divided and conquered.
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline iron_llama

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2011, 12:03:00 PM »
Resurrecting a dead thread...

Gov. Dayton signed the budget today.  The DNR website is up at the moment, but I don't know how current the information is.  The news is saying that (currently unemployed) state employees will get a minimum 24 hours notice before going back to work- so the DNR should be open for business tomorrow (Thursday the 21st); however, repairing three weeks of imposed neglect will probably take at least a few days before things are back to 'business as usual'.

I didn't get drawn for a bear tag this year.  I'm wondering, will I still have an opportunity to purchase an unclaimed tag on 8/3, or will the unclaimed-tag sale be cancelled due to the shutdown?  Time will tell...

Online Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2011, 03:22:00 PM »
Bjorn, I said AT LEAST 20%. I am with you, most likely much higher.
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©