3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hidden Hunter not what I expected  (Read 269 times)

Offline Hippy

• Trad Bowhunter
Hidden Hunter not what I expected
« on: July 08, 2011, 09:00:00 PM »
Just got my Hidden Hunter Ground Blind, It was not what I expected. IT WAS EVEN BETTER! I can not believe its taken me all these years to try a ground blind. Now the learning starts all over again. I am not used to hunting on the ground.

Offline Gerardo

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hidden Hunter not what I expected
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 09:09:00 PM »
I usually buy the cheapesy ground blind and they break easilyy with our low brush , maybe this will be a better option
Gerardo Rodriguez

Offline champ38

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 09:12:00 PM »
Glad to hear that, Ive been looking at them for a couple years. Thanks for posting, Shane
56" Shrew Classic Carbon 68@29
58" 2-P Centaur Cabon Elite 57@29

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 09:17:00 PM »
I've been tellin you guys...haven't you been listening?...   :archer:

http://www.shrewbows.com/hiddenhunterblinds/index.html
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline rraming

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 09:29:00 PM »
I bought one a few years ago from Ron ^ the problem with them is they take about 3 seconds to set up - ha!

Offline ChrisM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 09:31:00 PM »
How long of a bow can you shoot from one of those?
Gods greatest command:  Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Offline Bob Miller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 09:42:00 AM »
I have shot a 66" selfbow with no problems
Bowhunting is not just a way of life, it is also fun.

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2011, 09:55:00 AM »
I prefer 6.5' x 6.5' simply because I have a 30" draw length and shoot 32" BOP arrow so with broadheads attached, my arrows are 34" long.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2011, 11:17:00 AM »
Ron is right. I bought one from him and I must say those hidden hunter blinds are perfect for a trad hunter. I will be setting mine up again for deer season soon -- same spot as last year. I only wish I had about three more of them to cover some other hot spots, but the economic recession has come to my house (like it has to so many others) and extra blinds will have to wait a few years now.

If you try one, you will wonder why you waited so long to get one.
Joe
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2011, 11:54:00 AM »
Joe, the nice thing about the Hidden Hunter blind is that it sets up and takes down so quick and it's so portable. If you leave the blind set up you stake it down, if you want to move and set up in another location don't stake it down. When you get out just zip..flip...and you're ready to move....nothing to it..   :dunno:

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2011, 12:06:00 PM »
Ron,
Yep it is fast and easy to set up and take down. Maybe I should consider moving it around this season. I have been letting the deer get used to it in one spot, that is what I have done so far. They sure do seem to completely ignore it, like it isn't even there while I am inside and watching them.
Thanks for the thought. I'll give it a try.
Joe
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Offline meathead

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2011, 12:29:00 PM »
I listened.  Best blind that I have ever had.

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2011, 12:36:00 PM »
That does it.  Been trying to decide between one of the blinds available or a ghillie.  The website doesn't have clear pics of each pattern.  Ron or anyone.....any chance you've got pics you can post of the other two patterns?
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2011, 01:03:00 PM »
Do these blinds have shoot through window options with the screens?

Offline bryan r

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2011, 01:12:00 PM »
Man that is tempting... How long before season do y'all recommend setting up? I can imagine it takes a few weeks for deer to become accustomed to it.

Ron, you seem to be "in the know", any chance of seeing an ASAT pattern in the future?

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2011, 01:16:00 PM »
There are several patterns available, the one in the above photo is the "Woodland" which is the standard green camo pattern, There is a "Digital Woodland" and the "All Terrain Digital" The DW is predominantly green. The All ATD is light gray, dark gray and beige. Currently there are no photos of the different patterns available. I just got off the phone with HH and they said they would have photos soon. I will put them on my site as soon as I get them.

The Hidden Hunter blinds are the favorite blinds use by Len Rue the famous wildlife photographer.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2011, 01:22:00 PM »
I just found this picture in my computer. This is the "Digital Woodland" so called because of the green in the pattern along with the beige, and black. If you look very closely you might be able to see my wife Nancy sitting in blind. She has no camo or face mask yet she's nearly invisible.

In answer to RC's question, yes, shoot through screens are available.
  http://www.shrewbows.com/hiddenhunterblinds/index.html  

Offline Tique

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2011, 02:01:00 PM »
Ron, what is the height and I'd like to see some All ATD pics.
Untested ideas are not facts.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2011, 02:06:00 PM »
The bow blinds are 6'X 6' The DAT is the same as the DW except without the green. I don't have any pictures of the DAT at this time. As soon as I do I will have them on my web site.

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2011, 02:09:00 PM »
In setting it up and letting the deer get so used to it that they completely ignore it, I have been setting it up about three weeks before I use it. Believe me, they do ignore it like it isn't even there.

I find the blind to be a relaxing and comfortable way to hunt because I am so well hidden. I see a lot of wildlife from my HH blind.

Joe
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©