3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How many of you are 70 and above?  (Read 991 times)

Offline Dave Worden

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: How many of you are 70 and above?
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2016, 01:51:00 PM »
Does 69 count?  I still have a way to go to make 70.  It's amazing how quickly time passes when you're having fun!
"If I was afraid of a challenge, I'd put sights on my bow!"

Offline Wose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2016, 02:08:00 PM »
Howdy,

This is my first post on here. I really enjoyed finding this thread. I'm 43, and have been trad bow hunting for just over a year.

I've spent quite a bit of time reflecting on how I want the rest of my life to go, and reading a thread by a bunch of folks in their 70's who are still out there trad bow hunting has been super inspiring.

Thanks!

Offline Duker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2016, 03:06:00 PM »
Welcome Wose on your first post from a 73 year old   :D
Other then one bad knee and one bad shoulder I still get out most days   :archer2:

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2016, 04:55:00 PM »
72 here, but that's only 10.2 in dog years.   :rolleyes:
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2016, 06:43:00 PM »
Congratulations to all who have posted here!  I'm 62 and thought that was "old" until I hit the number. I still feel middle aged most of the time.

From what I read here there is a chance "old" keeps getting "older" and we stay middle aged until He calls us home.

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2016, 08:22:00 PM »
I think 70 is the New 50  :)   Keep at it Boys & Girls if any want to Chime in.
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Medicare Bhtr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2016, 09:34:00 PM »
74 in Nov. Climbed the hills at the IBO Trad World shoot today!
Looking forward to Sept deer opener.
Very pleased to hear from so many 70+ guys still enjoying our great sport!

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2016, 11:10:00 PM »
I will be 75 in march 2017.
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2016, 11:48:00 PM »
I'm too young to comment on this post ... LOL     I'll see you old guys in a few years, time goes so quickly. I lost one of my best buddies this week, he was going to be 91 in two weeks ... keep active, keep young
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline highlow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2016, 07:28:00 AM »
Don't spend too much time reflecting Wose or you'll find yourself where most of the guys on this thread already are. Go out and enjoy yourself. This is an amazing lifestyle, ain't it. Welcome to the crew.   :wavey:
Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy - Ben Franklin

Offline Babbling Bob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2016, 09:32:00 AM »
Not for a few months.  An older brother just 78 works long hours seven days a week so I am looking forward to being able to do the same.

Offline highlow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2016, 10:02:00 AM »
You're looking forward to working long hours seven days a week? Are you nuts?   :knothead:   Retire and enjoy what little time there is left.   :bigsmyl:
Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy - Ben Franklin

Offline Floxter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2016, 04:29:00 PM »
I'm 73 and along with my shooting partner, who's 84, we shot a round of 3D this week with my grandson. I followed that up by going zip lining with my grandson. Incidently,my 84 year old shooting partner is still able to kick my butt regularly on the Field/Hunter course.
Jack

Offline TOEJAMMER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2016, 04:51:00 PM »
Babbling  Bob,  I suspect your older brother is a beer taster.  It would account for the long hours and your zeal to follow in his footsteps.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2016, 04:53:00 PM »
I turned 80 last March. Last fall was my 60th year bow hunting for deer. This is the cake they made for me at deer camp last fall.

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Babbling Bob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2016, 06:50:00 PM »
Yes Toejammer he actually used to get a kick out of finding weird named beers a few years ago.

His (Larry Batten) time is spent 7 days a week running a bicycle ministry in Oklahoma City (Chain Reaction) where he was honored by KFOR (KFOR.com) Wednesday in a news piece called paying it forward (KFOR.com).   His folks have reworked and donated over 1,900 bicycles for homeless needing rides to work since 2013.

Larry also preaches on Sunday afternoon below the I-40 bridge to a crowd of homeless, and often is up in the middle of the night helping alcoholics and those on dope, or he will be on skid row or walk into the homeless camps by the river wearing his wooden cross (for identification)to help. The news piece this wednesday by KFOR is listed on the net thing  as under their Pay It Forward piece.

Offline TOEJAMMER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2016, 07:03:00 PM »
He sounds like a great guy  and one to emulate.

Offline bro-n-arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2016, 11:15:00 PM »
I posted on this 5 years ago that makes me 77 now!I am still trying to get it done the hard way.
Psalm 71:18 Now also when I am old and gray-headed,O God, do not forsake me,Until I declare your strength to this generation.

Offline Liquid Amber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2016, 10:06:00 AM »
I spent 43 plus years and a few months working in the forest products industry and retired a year and half ago at 70.  I'm now 71 and spend my time renovating our country place which is 16 miles from our residence.  I do everything but anything dealing with electricity.   :)

Deer and turkey plus a variety of other wildlife wander around through out the day and as long as I remain on the porch I'm accepted as part of the landscape.  My hunting bow is always close by and I can pick it up and a few arrows and stump shoot out to 160 yards before our timber begins.  I guess I still have some "kid" in me as I love to sail an arrow "up, up and away" simply for the joy of watching its flight.  Although I've lost a step or two and occasionally forget a name, I'm about as good as I always was

Offline BRITTMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2016, 12:23:00 PM »
You guys are what made/makes this the best trad hunting site on the net ( or any other kind of hunting for that matter ) . The experience level on here is irreplaceable.
" Live long and prosper "

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©