3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Macallister OK draw hunt - I need some help/info  (Read 151 times)

Macallister OK draw hunt - I need some help/info
« on: July 09, 2011, 10:05:00 PM »
Well, Myself and a couple buddies got drawn for the all trad hunt on the Macallister controlled hunt in OK. If anyone has been drawn on this hunt before, we need a little info. When you check the draw results on the internet there is a page that tells you you were drawn and lists the costs associated with the hunt. There are three required expenses and one optional expense for what appears to be an extra deer tag. If you uncheck the box for the optional tag another box opens up telling you this is your only chance to buy this tag. Then under the FAQ page of the website, it says you can buy extra tags at the hunt. We are confused by all this. Any Okies experienced in hunting Macallister that can chime in with some info/clarification, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Bisch

Offline sonofabuck

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Macallister OK draw hunt - I need some help/info
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 10:31:00 PM »
I would call the ODOW license section 405-521-3852 first thing monday morning, they open at 8. Just to clarify and make sure you'll get it right. Good luck, Scott
Combat Vet

Offline 2madjacks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 10:54:00 PM »
I agree with sonofabuck, best bet would be to call.

I have my lifetime hunting license and am not required to purchase tags, these options you mention are not on the website when I checked the draw info.  The only box that I have come up is the background check fee.

That being said I have seen other men buying tags at the check in when they arrive but.. that was 3 years ago and these things are always changing.  I of course never paid much attention to wether they were from out out state and doubt that it would matter other than fee prices.

Not that any of that answers your question.  When are ya goin? what area? I'll be in Boggy Nov 4-6

Good luck on your hunt,
James

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 12:13:00 AM »
We will be there 10/28 - 10/30. i can't remember which area but will look it up again.

Bisch

Offline bttsj1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 12:59:00 AM »
When I hunted last you could buy a doe tag there and it was $50 for a non resident & you really want to have one of those.
Border Black Douglas 54@28
Centaur 51@29

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©