3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Took a walk this a.m.  (Read 476 times)

Offline Elksong

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Took a walk this a.m.
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2011, 07:26:00 AM »
Thanks guy's. I have to say I am alway's humbled by the truely good people on this site. Thanks again for you support and prayers.
What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit, for whatever happens to the beasts also happens to man. All things are connected. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the children of the earth

Offline bohuntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2011, 04:11:00 PM »
Beautiful pictures Jason! So sorry to hear about your friends. No better place in the world to sort things out than in god's biggest cathedral ... the great outdoors. I know that is where I always go when I have something weighing on my mind.
To me, the ultimate challenge in bowhunting is not how far away you can succesfully make a killing shot but rather how close you can get to the animal before shooting.

Offline barebow17

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2011, 04:17:00 PM »
Sorry for your loss.Beautiful pictures.

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2011, 04:24:00 PM »
Condolences on the loss of loved ones. Looks like you know the best way to begin the healing process though. Thanks for sharing with us.
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline Froggy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2011, 04:27:00 PM »
Jason,
 You have sympathies and prayers from here bro. Don't take long out in the man aboves playground to settle the soul down for sure. I will say I am jealous of you though walking around with a jacket on in July.... 97 here today   :eek:

Take care,
Lanier
TGMM  >>>>---------> Family of the bow

Offline Homebru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2011, 09:08:00 PM »
Sorry to hear of your loss.
homebru

Offline Shedrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2011, 09:24:00 PM »
Thanks for sharing the great photos. Sorry for your loss.
Member of;
Comptons
Pope and Young
PBS
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
and Life member of Bowhunters Of Wyoming

Offline Elksong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2011, 09:39:00 PM »
Lanier- It was More wet than cold. It had rained all night, but was probaby 45-50 degrees. I was at 9500'.
What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit, for whatever happens to the beasts also happens to man. All things are connected. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the children of the earth

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2011, 09:43:00 PM »
Fine photos like always.....great therapy also, really like the Elk calf, so neat! Keep your head clear so you can show us more   :thumbsup:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Elksong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2011, 09:48:00 PM »
Thanks guy's. I am feeling much better today. I got a package in the mail that REALLY helped!  :bigsmyl:  

JK Traditions Kanati -56" 67lbs @ 28"! What a bow!

Offline slivrslingr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2011, 07:01:00 AM »
Sorry for you loss.  Nothing like a good hike and some shopping therapy to help clear your head!  Great photos BTW!

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2011, 09:23:00 AM »
Sorry for the loss, but you knew just the therapy.  thanks for sharing your walk.
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2011, 07:23:00 PM »
When I lost my Dad a few years ago His creation was the best medicine for my broken heart. Glad to see you took your medicine....:0)
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Online Gib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2011, 08:01:00 PM »
Man elksong ,sorry to hear about your friends, and thank you very much for the pictures always love seeing them,good luck in the season. gib

Offline Elksong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2011, 08:21:00 PM »
Thanks again fella's.

Offline J. Holden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2011, 09:10:00 PM »
I only wish to some day be able to walk in your "therapists" office.  Thank you for sharing your feeling's and experience with us.

-Jeremy  :coffee:
Pslam 46:10

"A real man rejects passivity and takes responsibility to lead, provide, protect, and teach expecting to receive the greater reward." Dr. Robert Lewis

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2011, 06:14:00 AM »
I gotta move to Colorado!
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline excelpoint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2011, 06:34:00 AM »
Real sorry to hear about your loss but that country must be good for the soul.
"A hunt based only on trophies taken falls short of what the ultimate goal should be ... time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and the fish that live there."
Fred Bear

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©