3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Great day at the club today  (Read 132 times)

Offline Eugene Slagle

• Trad Bowhunter
Great day at the club today
« on: July 10, 2011, 04:53:00 PM »
Today My club "Manahoac Bowmen" had a club 3D & hunter Field shoot, had a decent showing today but what was the best was when Kathy "Killdeer" Collister, David Bartholomew, & Jennifer Scheid come to enjoy the day at the 3D range.

Unfortunatly I didn't bring a camera & I'm hoping to borrow a few pictures from Jerry that he took of us just ourside the club house but it was a blast shooting with all of you & a great joy to have fellow trad shooters & Trad Gang members come by.

I really hope y'all had a great day & a safe trip home, thank you & hope to see y'all again some time soon.
Zona Custom Recurve: 60" 49# @ 27.5".
Sky Sky Hawk Recurve: 60" 47# @ 27.5".
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore, please take thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and hunt game for me.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Great day at the club today
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 06:03:00 PM »
Just got here and brought the cooler up, the camera is still in the truck. Thank you, Gene, and the Manahoac Bowmen, for putting on such an enjoyable shoot.

I arrived early, and spent my coffee time down at the lake as the earliest golden rays of the sun came over the trees to make the scene warm and rich. I enjoyed watching the kingfishers at the far end of the lake, the waking-up cries of the red shouldered hawks, and the tropical calls of the yellow-billed cuckoo. The delightful coolness of the morning air slowly evaporated like the dew from the dragonflies that sprawled on the grasses nearby, and I meandered up to the range and was warmly received by the club members, who make all this happen.

David Bartholomew arrived with my new friend, Silver Wolf, so they, Gene and Dan and I trundled out onto the 3-D trail, after shooting enough arrows to loosen up, and for me to ascertain that I would not be able to hit the ground, let alone a kill zone.

The courses were fun, and some of the stake placements made shots challenging. Unlike my club's course, the terrain is rather flat, so I did not get worn out and winded on this hot, muggy day. The woods there are rich and beautiful, very healthy and alive with birds. I have never seen such meticulously maintained grounds, either! I was surprised to find one lone cigarette butt, which looked so lost and out of place that I had to seek out a trash can for it, where it could perhaps find some company and solace.

Abysmal shooting aside, I had a great time with these fine people, especially since the bugs seemed to eschew me for the more tender and tasty Silver Wolf. I think I would like to have her along on more of my outings.   :D  

Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Eugene Slagle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 08:42:00 PM »
We all had some beautiful shots & also some oops shots but I think the best shot was from David at the 80 yard Field target, that was just perfect.

I love the lake as well & hope to have some fishing time in the near future there "although till the Bass have the chance to mature more they are catch & release."
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore, please take thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and hunt game for me.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 05:36:00 AM »
Speaking of Oops Shots, I haven't seen this in the paper yet, but this pic shows the flurry of activity that occurred when I accidentally landed one in the twelve ring.

Jennifer, Gene and Dan calling various media outlets, Ripley's "Believe it or Not", and the Guinness Book of World Records.  

Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Eugene Slagle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 07:45:00 AM »
:clapper:  Yeah that was in the makes but I think Jennifer got the scoup before the rest of us could manage to dial the numbers..

Offline Pepper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 08:30:00 AM »
That "12" is rather news worthy, if I ever get it done, I am going to call those same folks. <:-)
Archery is a family sport, enjoy it with your family.

Offline Eugene Slagle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 09:03:00 AM »
Well notice there is only 3 arrows for 5 shooters in the target.

I ain't naming names but someone shared the penalty box along with me on this target.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©