3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: A Blessing for All Seasons  (Read 396 times)

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
A Blessing for All Seasons
« on: July 11, 2011, 08:41:00 PM »
A summit has been reached that I feel both compelled and emotionally excited to share with my trad gang family.

After multiple strokes I was blessed to be able to rehab progressively back into shooting form. The last one, however, ~ 1 yr ago left me totally missing a large Morrell Outdoor Range target 8 out of 10 times at 20 yards. Progress was limited, so I leaned heavily upon prayer and the rehabilitation properties as well as the healing pools of the Trad Gang family.

1.   TG members helped me acquire the bow of my dreams.

2.   By high and consistent interaction on TG, I have learned to read again.

3.   By studying and corresponding with many others such as McDave and working to implement Rick Welch’s style, my competency has risen higher than ever before. While Rick’s style may seem quite nonchalant on the surface, there are many strict cues which I badly needed.  He has no Idea how much he has helped me and neither does the Trad gang family fully know how they have nurtured me.  A significant degree of my motor skills, by God’s will, are trickling their way back home.

What’s new:

Shot a 3D with a fellow trad ganger Sunday whom I am just met on our coveted site. I was so excited Saturday night that I couldn’t sleep- an all too familiar occurrence which I had not experienced in several   years.  I was still so excited that morning that all I could do was flop my jaws and relish in being with trad friends with focus and shot execution firmly seated somewhere far back in my mind. Quite sure the impression I left with these guys was poor. The excitement of fully experiencing life just overwhelmed me.

This morning, I ran into a former colleague that I had only known a few years.  After a few short moments, I recalled her name. This too was the 1st occurrence in a year.  Last year I couldn’t recall my best friend’s name. Then this afternoon something else special transpired. While waiting in the doctor’s office with my son, we started watching a TV show. I have only watched seven shows since last June. The noise, inability to focus and not being able to keep up or comprehend quickly enough has prompted me to avoid TV at all costs.  Well I became totally focused on what was going on, blocking out a loud crying baby and being totally engrossed in the show, a familiar nurse grabbed my arm and said, “What are you watching?  She smiled- then said, she had been calling our names for quite some time.  Actually the appointment was for my son and the nurse said I didn’t need to go back with him.  So I just refocused, was able to fully comprehend what was going on and enjoy the show- another 1st time occurrence in a year.  The show ended and I emotionally was overcome by what had just transpired and I raced to my son. Spending time watching TV is not a priority with me; however being able to maintain focus and quickly comprehend is extremely high on my list of desirable gifts that I had possibly always viewed as some kind of entitlement.

These blessings are not taken for granted and I am quite thankful for our creator’s grace and love and the love bestowed by the Trad Gang family.

Note: Perhaps these gifts will lead to better shooting.

Thank you, my Trad Gang family!

Friend
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: A Blessing for All Seasons
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 09:19:00 PM »
Didn't know about your struggles Friend, but I am touched to hear this news! Your emotions really come thru your writing and I am so happy for you.

I Pray you continue to return to full health, and most importantly, stay that way!
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline GRS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 09:58:00 PM »
Like DannyBows,I wasn't aware of your situation. Your story is very moving. Not only does it seem that your attitude has been very positive, it also seems as though you have made some HUGE steps in your recovery. I am thankful for that, and I truly hope that it continues. I send you my best wishes and my admiration for your perserverence.

Gerald

Offline John Krause

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 10:15:00 PM »
I too was unaware of your struggles. Very nice post, very uplifting. Keep up the good fight and keep us informed of your progress.

I know it just will keep getting better and better..........
When a man shoots with a bow it is own vigor of body that drives the arrow,  his own mind controls the missile's flight......His trained muscles and toughened thews have done the work

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 10:18:00 PM »
That's great!!

Hap

Offline mrpenguin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 10:32:00 PM »
Thanks for sharing. I will pray for you.
God Bless,
Erik
_ _ _ _  _  
Crow Creek Black Feather Recurve 49@28
Browning Wasp 50@28

"And we know for those who love God all things work together for good"-Romans 8:28

"It's so hard to stop being a man and start being a wolf" - G. Fred Asbell

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 10:53:00 PM »
Friend,

Like some of the others I did not know about your health problems. I am so very thanful that you are doing better. I will be praying for you in the days ahead.

I also wanted you to know that your post was a blessing to me. Just to read how that you have persevered in the face of extreme adversity; is a real encouragement for all of us.
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 11:07:00 PM »
A many blessed thanks to all!!

My intent was to share my utter joy, display my sincere appreciation of the Trad Gang family and to both acknowledge and submit to the unlimited power which bestowed these  gifts.

Trad Gang’s cores are not of maple, nor bamboo, nor carbon but of the hearts of gold.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 11:34:00 PM »
Not in a million years, actually, never would I have guessed you were having any issues in all of our interactions here.  I wish you continued success!

:thumbsup:

Offline chopx2

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 11:49:00 PM »
Scott, I didn't know of the seriousness of your challenges. Strokes are far more devastating to quality of life than anyone could imagine until it happens to you or a loved one. Your recent improvements are astounding and a clear indication that you are not the average guy. You've got something special. Your story is inspiring to me personally. Thank you for sharing. I hope for your continued improvement. Stay strong Friend.
TGMM-Family of the Bow

The quest to improve is so focused on a few design aspects & compensating for hunter ineptness as to actually have reduced a bow & arrow’s effectiveness. Nothing better demonstrates this than mech. BHs & speed fixated designs

Offline Huntschool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 11:51:00 PM »
Scott, as I know you know... every great journey/adventure starts with the first step.... sometimes they are small and seemingly insignificant...  but they grow..  and gain strength...

Good to hear of you improvement.... keep stepping...

Regards
Bruce A. Hering
Program Coordinator (retired)
Southeastern Illinois College
NSCA Level III Instructor
Black Widow Bows
AMM 761

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2011, 12:15:00 AM »
You are a blessing! Thank you!

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2011, 12:28:00 AM »
Congrats on your improvements,hope you continue to improve.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2011, 03:16:00 AM »
:clapper:
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline Thumper Dunker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2011, 03:36:00 AM »
That realy is great. Keep hanging in there.You made my day.
You can hop but you can't hide.
If it was not for rabbits I would never get a buck.
Yip yipahooooo yipyipyip.

Offline cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2011, 07:47:00 AM »
God Bless you,you are always been of help in this site and very supporting in my posts,thanks to be here.All the best for a fast and full recovery.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2011, 07:15:00 PM »
I had no clue!   :wavey:    :campfire:    :)
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline GO Rogers

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2011, 07:17:00 PM »
Salute...♠
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. TGMM ♥

Offline ArkyBob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2011, 07:25:00 PM »
Thanks for sharing your story with us.  It is truely uplifting to hear of accomplishments, large or small, when it comes to healing.  It seems that you have the right attitude towards your continued recouperation.  I pray that God continues to heal you in the future!!!!

BOB
"There are some that can live without wild things, and some that cannot."  -  Aldo Leopold

Online Tater

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2011, 07:26:00 PM »
Scott,

You Sir are an inspiration to make us all give thanks for each day and all the simple things we take for granted.

Continue on the road to full recovery.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Charter/Life Member
Big Thompson Bowhunters
United Bowhunters of Illinois
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©