3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Aluminum arrows  (Read 176 times)

Offline wat53

• Trad Bowhunter
Aluminum arrows
« on: July 15, 2011, 11:38:00 AM »
Can you guys point me in the right direction.  I am looking for some aluminum arrows to buy.  I would like the cut fletched and everything.  Since I am new to traditional I need to talk to someone that knows what they are doing.  I am also needing some arrows for my kids to shoot out of a smaller bow and don't know what size to get.  Thanks for any help provided.

Online frank bullitt

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Aluminum arrows
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 11:51:00 AM »
wat, there's alot of info hear, just do a search!
Also check out the how-to sec.
Check the sponsors, sites for help also.

3 Rivers, Kustom King, etc can offer help too.

Alot of shafts in the classified, too!

Help is here  :thumbsup:

Offline Ed Q

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 11:55:00 AM »
Some of the sponsors of this site sell cut, fletched, ready-to-shoot arrows.  I've gotten some like that from 3Rivers Archery and Kustom King Archery before I learned to make my own.

I believe 3Rivers Archery's website has an aluminum arrow selection chart that may help figure out what spine (stiffness) and length of arrow to get depending on the bow's draw weight at your specific draw length.  Easton Arrow's website has one as well.  So you need to first figure out your draw length (3Rivers website also has instructions to help you find your draw length).  From there, you can try to calculate your draw weight. Once you get those factors figured out, give 3Rivers a call.  They should be able to help you figure out the proper spine and length arrow.  I believe they also sell "test kit" arrows of different spine.

Hope this helps.

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 12:25:00 PM »
Suggest you narrow your arrow selections to acceptable options determined by your full draw weight & length as well as any shelf cut parameter such as center cut, etc. If you don't know, use a full length shaft. Put a clothespin on the shaft past the shelf of the bow. Draw full to a comfortable spot with your index finger in the corner of your mouth. The clothespin will slide down the shaft & stop at your shelf at your full draw. Measure from the valley of the plastic nock to the clothespin. Your full draw length. Might want arrows .5" - 1.5" past that point. Reference the draw weight marked on the side of the bow. Every inch past the marked distance will add 2-3# draw weight. Draw length less than marked reduces likewise. Buy arrows spined to handle the full draw weight. Easton has charts available. PM for more. Huge arrow help in the archives. Can be overwhelming. Hope this helps.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 12:52:00 PM »
Follow what straitarra said.
THEN -
Phone 3 Rivers Archery at 866-732-8783 or Kustom King Archery at 877-LONGBOW.
Give them all of the details and they will set you up with something that will work well.
Joe
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Offline scedvm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 12:53:00 PM »
wat53, post your specs as far as bow weight and type, draw length, etc.. and someone will be able to help you out.  As far as the kids are concerned my younger daughter is shooting 1214 aluminums or 1/4" birch and raminwood with a 14# draw and my older daughters and wife shoot 1512, 1616, 1713 aluminums or 30-35# POC with 20-25# draws.  They all like to make arrows and have fun trying different types and spines to see what works.  Hope this helps, good luck....Shawn
PS: post a WTB ad on the arrow classifieds and it may turn up something

Offline finkm1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 08:42:00 PM »
When I need help with any traditional equipment I refer to the "GOOD BOOK", that is, "THE TRADITIONAL BOWHUNTERS HANDBOOK" by TJ Conrads. The book is well worth the $20.00 price.
"When in Rome, DO Rome"

"Expect more than others think is possible"

Offline bigbadjon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 01:11:00 AM »
Any of the sponsors that sell arrows should be able to narrow it down. If you want a product recommendation then I think that Easton XX75 Camo Hunters are the product as for as cost versus quality. Three generations of archers in my family have used them to complete satisfaction.
Hoyt Tiburon 55#@28 64in
A&H ACS CX 61#@28in 68in (rip 8/3/14)

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 09:04:00 AM »
I get all of my aluminum shafting from Bowhunters Superstore in Wellsville, Pennsylvania. I do so because this place stocks the 2212 aluminum shafting which I shoot. None of the sponsors here on TG carry the 2212 size.

They do have a website with a toll free number and they can provide you with arrow info for your children.

Bowhunters Superstore also carries many hard to find aluminum shafting/arrows such as Jazz 1214, 1413, 1416, 1516, 1616, 1716 and 1816. Good aluminum sizes for children.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©