3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Great Northern LiL Creep ??  (Read 197 times)

Offline limbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Great Northern LiL Creep ??
« on: July 19, 2011, 08:05:00 AM »
Any news on this? Good friend of mine just picked one up from GN. I will be shooting it this week but he is very excited about. For him to be excited, it has to be something special!!
Kevin Osworth
->>>--TGMM Family of the Bow-->

Offline Lamey

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Great Northern LiL Creep ??
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 08:14:00 AM »
well what is it?  hybrid?

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 08:49:00 AM »
It's a 58" Bush Bow
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 09:05:00 AM »
Kevin,It is a new 58" design with some good spunk, based on the Bushbow. Jerry and about 6-8 others are pretty excited about it. He has a few heading to Denton next week. I will be one to try it I know. Sounds cool.
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline Cromm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 12:58:00 PM »
PHOTOS???????? Please....

Offline limbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 04:42:00 PM »
Anyone else care to comment? I will take photo's of the one I am going to shoot this week. It has the classic green glass. It should be sharp!
Kevin Osworth

Offline Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 09:40:00 PM »
Is it off of the same form as the Bushbow?  If so, it is only 2" shorter than the regular Bushbow.  That would not make that much difference would it?  Or is it a Bushbow limb (wider) with more R\\D?  Will be interested to hear a report after you shoot it.

Offline limbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 09:07:00 AM »
From what I was told it is a blend of the bush bow and Critter Getter Special. I will give a report for sure, the design has me intrigued a bit.
Kevin Osworth

Offline Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 04:53:00 PM »
Originally posted by limbow:
From what I was told it is a blend of the bush bow and Critter Getter Special. I will give a report for sure, the design has me intrigued a bit.
Will be looking forward to your report.  :archer2:

Online Warchild

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 11:10:00 AM »
I posted alot of info about the Lil Creep here on Pow Wow, the mods moved it to product review. The bow is awesome. I saw the very first one in Jerry's shop when I picked up my new Critter Gitter a while back and pulled it back and checked it out. It is basically a short (58") Bushbow. The bow that I saw had black glass limb veneers and was snake skinned. It was the most beautiful snake job that I have ever seen. Later in the week while attending Compton's event, I happened across the new owner of the Creep on one of the ranges so I was able to check out performance. It is a great shooting bow. I have owned one of the very commonly known brands of "short" longbows and sold it after shooting a longer longbow as the short bow stacked. I will say that I could not get the Creep to stack. It is a perfect blind/tree stand bow. I took my brother in to Jerry's shop a few weeks ago as he is getting back into Trad bowhunting after an 8 year break. He was interested in looking for a recurve and wanted to start with a Great Northern as we both live within 25 miles of their shop. After spending a couple hours with Jerry and shooting every bow on his shelf, my brother ordered a new Ghost recurve with black glass and snake backing. Jerry is the best in the business and you won't find a more honest individual or better bow engineer out there. I rate the Lil' Creep a 10!

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2011, 03:33:00 PM »
I have the first Lil' Creep Jerry made other than for himself.  I've had it for a few months now and it is outstanding. I had mine made as a jack-knife with green glass, green leather, and shedua riser, 54@28, and I named it the "Green Meanie".  I also had a 60# green glass one piece that I sent back because I decided to just stay at the lower weight.

The Lil' Creep is basically a combo between a Bushbow, Fieldbow, and Critter Gitter Special.  Jerry tweaked the CGS form a bit and produced a 58" flatbow.  The limbs are wide and flat like the Bushbow and taper quick to narrow tips with a wedge.  The R/D in the bow is pretty much what you have with the CGS, and it is built with three lams like a Fieldbow, except the lams are of amberboo (or similar bamboo product).  It is not anything like a hybrid longbow.  It has a profile vitually identical to a Bushbow when strung.  They shoot great. I would not recommend it if you have a draw approaching 29", but if you are in the under 28 1/2" draw range this bow is fantastic.  The bow is really snappy, has a fantastic profile, and just feels like a flyweight in the hand. I love it.

I'll try and get some pics up later on of mine, just don't have time right now.
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

Offline ghost rob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2011, 09:09:00 PM »
I shot the snake-skinned one at Denton Hill on Thursday. Very nice shooting bow, I have a 46# Fieldbow that I really like and I'm thinking about one of these in the same weight. All I gotta do is sell a couple other bows first.

Offline the elf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2011, 11:44:00 AM »
Would somebody  please post pictures of this new
creation---the suspense is starting to get to me!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©