3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Home Range Change For Hunting Prep - pics/vids hvy - added more pics 10/06  (Read 2376 times)

Offline HARL

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Home Range Change For Hunting Prep - pics/vids hvy - added more pics 10/06
« Reply #100 on: August 14, 2011, 08:26:00 PM »
Great Stuff Bernie !!!
62"63@28 Zipper Nitro
62"60@28 Zipper Nitro
A Doz. Hill Longbows

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: August 15, 2011, 05:52:00 AM »
Thank you, Harl. Hope you're doing well, my old Canadian Friend - a blessing to "hear" from you.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: August 16, 2011, 07:21:00 AM »
I can't stress enough (nor can anyone else) Tree Stand Safety. I found this really good (26min video) site by the TMA that should be reviewed annually.

http://www.huntercourse.com/treestandsafety/  

However, I warn you that it does not include info on the installation and use of a life-line and Prusik knot, which I consider a huge safety aid. I am still looking for a site on that subject.

Be safe out there, and I promise to do my best to be safe here as well.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: August 16, 2011, 08:11:00 AM »
This looks to be a great, easy, and fast way to tie a Prusik Knot (on a life line or any other line/application). Your Prusik Knot rope should be a loop to start with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KViVAGS9eDU&feature=related

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline maxwell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: August 16, 2011, 08:16:00 AM »
Very nice set-up.  Good shooting

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: August 16, 2011, 10:07:00 AM »
Thank you, maxwell.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: August 18, 2011, 06:23:00 AM »
Been doing some final "touch-ups", and alterations on the "Home Range" the last three days, and getting some decent (if lone) shooting in as well. Still want to shift my ladder stand (on the tree) just a tad - if I can figure how to make the dad-burned rachet straps loosen a little. More pics in a day or two, I hope. Going to the last Sissipahah shoot of the season (near Burlington, NC - yummy BBQd pig 'n all the fixin's) on Sat. - good Lord willing.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: August 18, 2011, 08:05:00 AM »
Here are the first of the pics of the final Touch ups (which may take a few more days to complete, even though most of it is done - LOL).

I finally got a neighbor's son-in-law to bring his trailer over and drop it so i could load up the old wood from the tower - which now waits for him to haul it away. You can see it behind the table area - you can also see Rose and I moved the old lawn swing inside the dog yard (we don't use it - perhaps they will -     :D   ) Also moved the clothes-lines over that way - I only use them for my hunting and camping gear):

And here is a closer look at the trailer after I loaded it, & cleaned up the area where the wood was - we're gettin' there!:

Nobody said maintaining a Home range was easy - but it is a part of the archery fun and games that we all love    ;)

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: August 18, 2011, 10:47:00 PM »
And here it is - the old tower is fully gone, trailer and all:

A shot from the other side of the "wood pile" area now that it's gone, shows the repainted targets, and that I've raised the two bag target deer bodies (on the left) up to a more realistic height:

After I went with the trailer provider and dumped the wood, i came back and shifted the ladder stand as i said i wanted to do. Since shooting to the right was hindered by the tree, i figured I might as well face more left. This time I did use the climber to go up on the back of the tree to loosen and then re-tighten the rachet straps after shifting the stand. This shows the new position:

This shows the lane to the left that I will face more now and the repainted targets and backdrop, from the newly placed ladder stand:

Moving to the right here is the large foam target around the corner again, just for orientation :

I decided since I had shifted the stand, I also needed to shift the targets that were formerly to the front, over closer to the large foam tgt. This will also put them (except the Goose) at a better angle from the Climber stand:

Speaking of the climber stand I thought i would also take another pic of the lane to the far right (from up in the ladder stand) just to show what else I'll be shooting from the climber, and (as with all targets) from the ground, when i care to:

After the hard, hot work I was for a shower and supper. After supper, even though I was dead tired, I wanted to try shooting from the newly positioned ladder stand. I only shot my 11 arrows (at the tgts to the left, and around the corner to the front) but it went real well (three were fives, though) and the fun sort of revived me - LOL

I think I've got the whole Home Range pretty well set again now. Thanks for looking and watching.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2011, 11:48:00 AM »
Oh, if anyone was concerned about my canoe on the left in that last picture, but wasn't comfortable with asking me how many holes I've put in it, I have a "Force Field" around it - (and I hope it keeps working)   :D

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: August 19, 2011, 11:54:00 AM »
Nice job Bernie alot of work but it paid off,I wasn't worried about the canoe I know a dead eye like you wouldn't miss.  :biglaugh:
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #111 on: August 19, 2011, 03:03:00 PM »
Oh, Thanks, and bless you, Larry, but though I make some really good shots, I've also racked up more "misses" than all of the "Young Ladies" registries  in the whole USA. However I have managed to spare my canoe over the years    :archer:

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Leland

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #112 on: August 19, 2011, 07:08:00 PM »
Very nice,I'm sure you will enjoy it for many years to come.Have a safe and enjoyable hunting season.
Leland

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #113 on: August 19, 2011, 07:19:00 PM »
It looks like you're having fun!
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #114 on: August 19, 2011, 07:57:00 PM »
I really am (especially now that all the hardest stuff is done - LOL)

This evening it was so nice out, I decided to go out and take some shots (and pics) from the climber stand position. Pics of the views/tgts:

To the front:

Around corner:

The areas where the tower was, and the ladder stand is now, across from the climber:

Targets to the left:

After I took those pics, I settled in to shoot - pics of the hits next.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #115 on: August 19, 2011, 08:19:00 PM »
Pics of the hits (and a miss) - taken right after I finished shooting - daylight dimming (hope you can see the feathers/arrows).

Good one on the deer , angling in from the rear of the rib cage towards the opposite shoulder - just about the same on the raccoon except entered a little further back - one on the big foam deer a little further forward and higher than i would prefer:

Fair shot on the full strut Turkey:

I lost my grip on the string and jerked the snot out of the first one on the fox and hit the ground well behind him, second shot was good - the shot on the first deer was fine-ice, on the second deer the first shot was back but in the liver (according to the markings) and the second was a double lunger:

Last two arrows were on the deer behind the pig - first one I just caught the edge of the body, high (might have got lucky and spined it but I didn't like it, did miss the tree though - LOL) - The second was pretty satisfying to me, and a good way to finish up (heart shot on a real critter, a little low on a 3D):

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline KHALVERSON

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #116 on: August 19, 2011, 08:34:00 PM »
bernie
nice home range
looks like those addiction recurves are treating you well
those carolina whitetails look to be in trouble this year
ol lee hoots sure does build a fine bow

kevin

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #117 on: August 19, 2011, 09:59:00 PM »
Ya got that right, Kevin.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #118 on: August 21, 2011, 05:26:00 AM »
All this work (fun) has paid off. Yesterday at Sissipahah I shot the best I've ever shot , I do believe - and what a blast. See pics and write up soon on the thread for Sissipahah under Trad Events.   :jumper:

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #119 on: August 21, 2011, 08:14:00 AM »
Raynge looks to be in top shape. Good job. Great seeing you and Ruddy yesterday. Sorry it was only briefly. My first trip to an all trad shoot this year and seemed to see a multitude of old friends. Had to cut out earlier than usual to attend another function. Taylor had a blast as well. Had to put him in the car at gun point. He was asleep before burlington. Guess he takes after his uncle Will. LOL.  Hope the old Ford Edge didn't act up on the way home. Later DB
"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©