3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Home Range Change For Hunting Prep - pics/vids hvy - added more pics 10/06  (Read 2379 times)

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I should have added - even if "they" didn't catch me, if I was so much as to light a match around here (even though we got a little rain Sunday night), Rose would beat me briskly about the head and shoulders. She is scared to death of fire danger.     :eek:
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Ya ain't got much meat about yer head and shoulders so ya best just haul it off to the dump!

Or maybe donate it to one of them political "platforms" you don't care for much and see if the danged chew boys will devour it!  :jumper:
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I hear ya - LOL. Well, it certainly wasn't cooler today, in fact it went the other way. I decided to get as close to finished as possible anyway, and did. Got it all apart, cut up, and the stumps down but it took me 2 hours instead of what I thought it would take. Any way all I have left to do now is get rid of the wood and move the blocks.

After a shower and supper, I felt so good about the progress made that I took "Brownie" out and did some (good) shooting, from the ground, with her tonight. Didn't really feel up to climbing - LOL.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Don't dawdle too long on the disposal lest them chew bugs be like the song of our youth bout' the ole "boll weevel" "looking for a home."

Be setting up housekeeping in your shop!   :scared:  

Git that mess GONE!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I heard that - "boll weevel" and all - LOL

I took a video of shooting from the new stand last evening but for some reason it won't upload to my computer software. Gonna try again, today if I get a chance.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline huntin_sparty

• Trad Bowhunter
Bernie
Great range I have to drive 20 minutes to a club to shoot something other than my 9 yard range in the basement!  And the club isnt as nice as your set up for foam critters.  Be safe.
More bows than I should have!
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Thank you, huntin_sparty. It does make a difference when you can step out and shoot any time you feel like it, and have some variety to it.

That video I took yesterday, finally did upload OK today (   :dunno:   ), so here it is (if it works). Be prepared though - I needed to talk a lot louder, so you may or may not be able get enough volume to hear my yakking. Also we forgot to zoom in   after  we put the camera in video mode - but it does show the height that way - LOL. Finally, I'm not trying to teach anybody anything - just taking pics of what I love to do, and learning more about videoing.

I am going to make another, similar video, talking louder, and zoomed in some, and I'll post that later today or tomorrow perhaps, for comparing.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Oh, yeah, just click on the picture to be taken to the video (on photo bucket).

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I know you're small-ish, Bernie, but dang ya look tiny way up there!  :)   :saywhat:    "[dntthnk]"

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
A-yuh - in my eyes too, Dave. The next video I will zoom in (so I look bigger - LOL), talk louder, and wear my new safety harness - LOL. It sure isn't as comfortable as shooting from my old (roomy) tower but it is fun and I hope to become more comfortable in/on it, swiftly and deftly -    :archer:

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
besides my f.i.l.   rip. bernie is the toughest elderly man ive ever had the pleasure to meet. i know y'all have known bernie longer than i have . this man is tough.  ooo raaaaaah bernie. you keep at it we will hunt together again this year god wiling. rv
" you have done well to keep your hair when so many are after it"

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Certainly hope to, Ruddy, and thanks for the kind words.

Didn't get to do another video this evening but perhaps tomorrow.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Hootsbow

• Trad Bowhunter
Looking good Bernie  :thumbsup:  sure is a sharp looking rig your shooting too  :goldtooth:

Offline John Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
Bernie

Your gonna get a nose bleed at that height. Looks good buddy!

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
LOL - thanks Lee and John. I did notice a little pinkness around my nostrils after coming down - LOL. "Blackie" loves it up there (and so does "Brownie", in spite of her extra 2 inches of length - LOL It may be her turn again for the next video.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Good Stuff Bern.....looks like you are reving up big time for this fall.    :campfire:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Thanks, Terry. Trying my best to keep my head (and body) "in the game" - LOL.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I have a new (better ) video experience to show you. Have to warn you that my shooting was off tonight though - LOL. However, part of it might be because I was tired from the day,s activities, and part might be because I had to set the camera up all the way my self, before climbing up, so I was rushing up a little. Probably concentrating more on the video, and less on my shooting. The video   is  louder, closer, and relatively smoother in general (I think - LOL). Also I edited it into three (uneven) clips. Getting Set (up the stand and ready, reletively short), Shooting (main, longest part), and Ending (getting down-closing off - shortest). Hope you enjoy them. One thing about it - no one can accuse me of only showing my good shots -      :o         ;)      .

As before, just click on the picture, for each video.

Getting Set:

Shooting:

Ending:

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Buckskin57

• Trad Bowhunter
very cool sir, thanks for shareing and good shooting.
JEREMIAH 16:16 / BEAR SUPER KODIAK /GRAYLING GREEN.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Thank you, Buckskin57. BTW, that's one of my Chihuahuas barking - not the bees, nor the target laughing at me -    :p

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©