3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Leverage Speed Ladder Stand  (Read 425 times)

Offline Steel

• Trad Bowhunter
Leverage Speed Ladder Stand
« on: July 19, 2011, 11:23:00 AM »
Has anyone seen or used this Allum quick setup ladder stand? I like how it setups/takes down, that it comes pre assembled,and the design. I have looked for a good allum ladder stand for over a year now no luck. I just feel more safe climbing a ladder vs tree steps but dragging around 60lb steel ladder is to much. I think I will end up trying one cabelas has them instock.

Online Flingblade

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Leverage Speed Ladder Stand
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 03:34:00 PM »
I think I am going to be buying one of these this fall as well.  I'll be watching this to see if anyone has any experience with them.  I think they are new to the market.

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 04:42:00 PM »
Timber Tall and Northstar make folding ladder stands also, if you can find one.

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 05:05:00 PM »
We old guys are always looking for something easier and safer.  Is this it?

How many feet up the tree will it take you?

I was also confused with the weight.  The salesman says 14 lbs, but the literature says 38 lbs.   :dunno:
Lon Scott

Offline Steel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 05:41:00 PM »
I think it says 14 ft to the seat thats about as high as I get anymore     ;)    . I called a dealer and was told the stand was around 35lbs which isn't super light(it uses a cast Allum platform like lonewolf) but the way the stand works it packs flat making it much easier to carry in the woods vs normal ladder. I know you can buy a good fixed stand and climbing sticks about the same money maybe around 20-25lbs whole Alum setup, but I still think a ladder is much easier to setup and faster vs hanging sections of climbing sticks. I had one of the Northstar Allum ladders before they went out of business but it was stolen years ago. I miss that stand which is why I have looked for another one ever since! One thing I really liked about the Northstar and this Leverage ladder is the same is the standerd tree stand style platform was much easier for me to shoot a longbow sitting vs a normal ladder.The normal ladder stand has those side bars at your knees limiting left and right bow angle while sitting.

Offline RLA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 12:14:00 AM »
These look like a great ladder style stand, don't see anything about it I don't like yet!

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 11:28:00 AM »
Leverage stands just hit the market.I doubt if you will find anyone who has used them yet.They aren't a folding stand,but telescoping.They do look good.They also have a good looking hang on stand and climbing sticks.

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 12:45:00 PM »
River's Edge makes a 13', 33lb. packable ladder stand for about $80.

Offline Lost Arra

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 10:49:00 AM »
I just received one of these stands.

First impression from a hang-on user. I have never liked ladder stands because of the seat/platform arrangement. I like a hang-on platform (small) with a seat that flips up with no rails or supports in the way.

Cumbersome to backpack but not bad to carry by hand since there are not a lot of loose parts (only two ratchet straps).

Pricey but very well made. Fit and finish is good.

Once I got oriented on the parts set up was pretty easy and would probably be even easier for an experienced ladder stand user. The sliding ladder can be deadly at pinching fingers if you are not paying attention.

I really like the seat/platform arrangement for both sitting, standing and shooting.  Just like sitting in a hang-on.

Good height (14') for around here but maybe too low for those piney woods setups the require 20+ feet.

Once I get it in the deer woods I don't plan on moving it on a daily basis but I'm sure it will be less of a chore when temps are below 100.

Relative size in a Ranger:

Funny story. While I'm sweating away assembling this stand in my yard this guy shows up. He's been hanging around all summer. Looked starved and dehydrated in June so we have been feeding and watering him. He looks much better now except for those pathetic antlers.

Offline Onehair

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 02:17:00 PM »
Lost Arra, do you see any sign that the heat has effected the deer in OK. I hunt out of Roff and wonder about antler growth this year.

Offline Lost Arra

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 02:40:00 PM »
I think the deer in general are struggling in some areas. There has been very little green stuff for them to eat for almost 8 weeks. A lot of areas look like nothing but straw. We have had some moisture in the past week and some areas have greened up a bit but more 100's are predicted in the near future.

I have seen some nice bucks in velvet so maybe genetics can overwhelm the poor conditions. I usually don't see many big bucks anyway!    :D

Online Flingblade

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 07:24:00 PM »
Lost Arra,
I have been waiting to see reviews on these before I bought one.  I have always used ladders among other types of stands.  My only concern was how quietly the stand can be set-up.  I have other ladders that work but they are noisy to set-up; lots of metal on metal clanking, etc. so they are no good for slipping in close to bedding areas.  How much noise does it make when sliding the ladder out and setting the platform?
Thanks,
Gary

Offline Lost Arra

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 08:36:00 PM »
Gary:
The sliding of the ladder sections is pretty quiet. They even tell you to dust it with something to keep it smooth. I use beeswax for that kind of stuff so I don't remember their dust.
This stand is very dependent on clip pins so it's important not to lose them or drop one in the dark. I'm going to find some extras just to keep in the pack.
The only real noise I made was pitching the loose end of the ratchet strap around the tree. If the tree is small enough I could just reach around it.

With some experience/practice I think this can be securely set without much noise but I sure couldn't do it the first time in the dark.

Let me know if you have any other questions or want to see some photos.

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2011, 12:06:00 AM »
I will be buying one of these soon. And will be using it on my first hunt. Will let you know how it works.
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline rushlush

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2011, 01:50:00 PM »
I've been looking at them, just haven't decided.

Offline brian brooks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2011, 07:39:00 PM »
What kind of money are they.I think they look like the perfect ladder stand.and not to cumbersome
brian brooks

Online Flingblade

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2011, 09:49:00 PM »
Thanks Lost Arra.  Sounds like a good stand and I think I will get one.  Let me know after you sit in it for an extended time how comfortable the seat is.  I never liked ladder stands because assembling the steel sections makes alot of noise.  Not bad for setting up ahead of time and leaving but I can't always do that.

Offline TBinMN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2012, 05:07:00 AM »
I first saw these last year and they seem like just the ticket for a couple areas I hunt and I've really gotten to prefer ladder stands if I'm hunting off the ground.

I thought I'd bring this back up in the hope that one of you guys, or anyone new, who had tried one out for a while could give an idea as to what they think of these. I know they are spendy so getting an idea of what someone who has used one thinks would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Terry
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2012, 08:48:00 AM »
I saw one last year in an archery shop, they certainly look like a nice ladder stand for sure.

Offline Lost Arra

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2012, 09:00:00 AM »
Update:

For some hunters the Speed Ladder stand might not go high enough but Leverage has come out with a newer model, Outcast, that goes 4' higher and sets up in a similar way. It weighs 9lbs more. (and costs $79 more)

(I don't own the Outcast)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©