3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Leverage Speed Ladder Stand  (Read 424 times)

Offline Pat B.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Leverage Speed Ladder Stand
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2012, 09:49:00 AM »
Lost arra,
          Maybe I missed it, but how much is the 14'er you got and where did you get it ?

Thanks

Offline Lost Arra

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2012, 11:24:00 AM »
I got mine last year from Cabelas and it seems they were in the $239 range. I had some gift cards and discount coupon at the time which is the sole reason I gave it a try.

I just checked and they show it listed at $329 while the Leverage website shows it as $299. They have gone up but Cabelas may have made a mistake or they are listing the taller one. I haven't really shopped around lately.

Offline Bernie B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2012, 12:52:00 PM »
Thanks for the pictures and information Lost Arra.  I have a hunch these are going to become a very popular stand.  It seems like a well thought out design.

Bernie Bjorklund

NC Iowa/SW Wisconsin

Offline floodman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2012, 03:03:00 PM »
This is what I saw in the Video...3 Helpers,Knobs/Bolts,Stabilizer Bar,More snap Ring pins,When you get it up the guys feet almost hang off,Maybe the seat folds up...I think This stand is Made to transport and take down about every hunt because of the packing capability,I would cry like a girl if I would have to do this in the dark with a mag lite hanging out off my mouth and spit rolling down my Jaw,Oh use a head light ,my Bad..Im thik a good lock- on stand and a telescopic ladder and pack it.But im not sure yet,The stand will sell in a shop,but i think i would pass if we did demo's in the Dark..But im usually wrong about most things,Just my 2 cents....

Offline floodman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2012, 03:16:00 PM »
Give me your feed back on this Idea..
look up xtend & climb ladder..the taller version,and a good lock-on stand,maybe carry 2 screw in steps,add some back-pack straps(cheap) and some 3/8 Rope rachets frome Home Dept/Lowes.Might be expensive but there probably a lot of other Brand telescopic ladders on the market,,Just thinking out loud...tell me what you think,im tired of this 20 screw-in step deal in Florida....

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2012, 06:48:00 PM »
I just use four climbing sticks and a hang on.  Pretty easy.  One time up, 7-8 minutes and you are set.  Fresh every hunt, never leave a stand. A few guys hunt with me every year and they all must hunt this way.  Just returned from a ND hunt and all 7 guys hunted this way (rarely used more than 2-3 sticks up there this time of year). New sits and strategy every day; wind changes, deer movement, etc. Not sure why more do not hunt this way- I suppose when I get over 60 or so I may have to change tactics. . .
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline Otto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2012, 07:22:00 PM »
38 pounds???

Kinda like carrying a compound aint it??
Otto

Offline Easykeeper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2012, 07:46:00 PM »
I think they are great stands, I have two. I don't consider them truly portable though. They weigh twice as much and are much bigger than my LW hand climber or Alpha/sticks.

Like I said though, I really like the stand for what it is, a well made, easy to deal with, ladder stand. It's easy to move a short distance, but I wouldn't be hauling it around for day trips. I leave mine up like any other ladder stand.

A few things I like about the Leverage stand:

- The waffle platform is very easy on the feet if you do a significant amount of standing, very similar to the Lone Wolf platforms. I stand as much as possible and my feet get sore on the platforms with rails or rails/metal mesh.

- It's a well made stand, much better than the other popular ladder stand I have.

- The telescoping and folding features are very nice. Very easy to set up and transport for a ladder stand.

- The seat folds up tight against the tree. It's silent to move and gives me the whole platform to stand on or shoot from.

- The seat has a bit of vertical leveling ability.

- No squeaks when I move, which is something I can't say about other ladder stands I've had. Just as quiet as my LW portables.

I would never replace a climber or hang/sticks with this stand, unless you don't move them regularly. In my opinion though, it's the Cadillac of ladder stands. I highly recommend it if it suits your purposes.

Offline 6feathers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2012, 07:57:00 PM »
I just bought the 14 ft model at 299.00.  I played with it today in the backyard and found it easy to assemble and not too hard to set it up to tree by myself.  I love the large platform and also how the seat folds up and out of the way.

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2012, 09:07:00 PM »
That looks like a great design for a ladder stand. I also have problems with the bars on the sides of most ladder stands.

Bisch

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©