3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Firehawk and a great opportunity  (Read 221 times)

Offline elkbreath

• Trad Bowhunter
Firehawk and a great opportunity
« on: July 19, 2011, 03:26:00 PM »
After much trouble to get it here, due to my own negligence, the Rodney wright firehawk finally made it to my door.  

Thanks yo so much to Rodney and Nathan (homebru) for all your pain and effort to get this thing to my door.  Great people, I appreciate the time and effort it took.

Next to my Saluki, this is the lightest mass weight bow I've ever shot.  Yet The hand shock is nearly negative, caught me off guard at first.  

For speed all I have is the eyeball test, and it seems plenty quick!  I shoot 850 gr AD hammerheads.  Usually they are shot from a 72# cari-bow.  The firehawk is roughly 59# at my draw (29.5).  Yet, I dont find the accuracy lacking at all.  In fact, if anything is every bit as good as the bow the arrows are tuned for.  This is a testament to arrows AND the bow.  I have another similar wieght longbow that doesn't shoot those arrows for beans, it not as center cut.

The Grip on the firehawk is addicting, it fits my hand great and is very comfortable.  IT a very quiet bow too, compared to my all my r/d and recurve bows.  Only the hill is as quiet.  and the Workmanship is incredible too.  

Overall, IMO if you're looking for a light mass weight bow that is accurate and comfy to shoot, I can recommend this bow.  Honestly, the design and performance have everything that a great hunting bow should have.  Love it, and thanks Rodney for this test run.  ITs been fun!  

Dan
77# @ 29.5 r/d longbow homer
80# @ 29.5 GN super Ghost

Offline Chester Thompson

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Firehawk and a great opportunity
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 03:44:00 PM »
Yeah it is a heck of a bow. I got to shoot it a while back.
Ask me about CTO.

Offline joekeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 06:49:00 PM »
:readit:    :saywhat:

Offline Homebru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 09:45:00 PM »
Indeed, a great bow and a great bowyer to share it with us.
homebru

Offline Rodney Wright

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 03:45:00 PM »
Thank you Dan for the review,Glad thing's got straightened out and the bow finally arrived.

A Big Thank You you as well Homebru with out
your persistence she would most likely be still  lost somewhere in the postal system.

The last two remaining TradGang members to try the Bow will be Keith Sutton & Glen Bedard.

All the best to everyone at TradGang

Rodney.

Offline Igor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 03:53:00 PM »
Looking forward to testing your fine looking bow!

Thanks

Glenn
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding In all your ways submit to him and he will direct your paths

Offline SELFBOW19953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 09:58:00 PM »
Rodney made a Firehawk for me several years ago.  The form, fit, finish, and performance of his bows is among the best!!!  I still hunt with that bow regularly. I shoot wood arrows with 160 gr Snuffers, the Firehawk really likes heavy arrows-no handshock and no noise.
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow."  Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Offline Rodney Wright

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2011, 09:53:00 AM »
Hey Phil Glad to here you still enjoy shooting & hunting with the Firehawk I made for you has it been several years already,I shoot wood and use 160 grain snuffers my self for deer.Switch to a 2 blade for moose.

All The Best for the upcoming season will be apon us soon.

Rodney.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©