3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Muck Boot- Which one?  (Read 339 times)

Offline Rebel Yelp

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Muck Boot- Which one?
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2011, 07:23:00 PM »
I have a pair of "Woody Sport" boots and love them. They really are totally waterproof ATV footwear.

Great all around boot, but not good for all day or active hunting. My feet do sweat in them and eventually get cold. I understand they are rubber boots, but they advertise "breathable" on the box.

Its been three seasons now, and I've had to repair them once. I put a hole through the neopreme.

Waiting for my repair job to dry, I borrowed an old pair of pac boots with felt liners -- toasty warm and dry all day (you can guess what my next boot will be).

I still like them for warmer weather and they stay in my truck as my traveling fishing boots.

Offline Hopewell Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2011, 06:17:00 AM »
I have the Arctic Sport model and they are warm. Too warm sometimes. A late season, even winter boot for me. They are very comfortable, but I notice some "fraying" on them from not too tough wearing conditions. I don't trust them for a hard hunting boot.
TOM

WHAT EACH OF US DOES IS OF ULTIMATE IMPORTANCE.
Wendell Berry

Offline darb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2011, 11:14:00 AM »
Footwear are like a tool in a sense- different ones for different applications.  
I have the woody max, and bought them specifically for wear during sugaring season. They are great for that.

Have found that they are also a good hunting boot as well and they feel like your walking on a sponge. Ankle support has never been an issue for me as my favorite hiking boots for hills and mountains are Danner Mountain Lights and they are low cut.  As mentioned there isnt much for ankle support, but I have had no problem using them in the hills of SE Ohio during early turkey season, and deer hunting all the way through til January.  Like any boot you just have to understand their limitations.

Definitely try them on before buying.

I can see where briars would be fatal, but I don't like walking through them with any footwear. They are pretty hard on my leather boots too and definitely are on the wool pants I am usualy wearing.

Offline Jeff Roark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2011, 01:15:00 PM »
after a bit more research I think I am going to go with the Bogs Classic Highs. Thanks fellas.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©