3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Thank you Tradgang Family  (Read 365 times)

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Thank you Tradgang Family
« on: July 21, 2011, 12:31:00 AM »
A big thank you goes out to all the members here on TradGang and the moderators for making it possible.

I just received a less than pleasant e-mail from my brother about my recent bear hunt and my deer hunting activities. He listed a number of reasons why hunting is distasteful to him.

While I believe there is room for all opinions, I want to thank all of you who provide a place for people like me. People that want to participate in the circle of life. Many today do not understand what we are doing when we go into the woods with a bow. I want to thank you all for giving me a place where my motivations are understood.

He is aware of why I hunt. Not for antlers or trophies, just the internal drive to be a part of nature. He still doesn't get it.....

Thank you again to all my brothers of the bow on Tradgang. I'm not sure what I would do without you guys. This is my home away from home!  

Shoot straight   :campfire:

Offline JohnnyWayne

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Thank you Tradgang Family
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 12:33:00 AM »
:campfire:
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.
-The Way of Kings

>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 01:02:00 AM »
:campfire:
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline JAG

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 01:28:00 AM »
:thumbsup:    :clapper:
IBEP - Chairman Alabama
"May The Good Lord Keep Your Bow Arm Strong and Your Heart and Arrows True!"
TGMM Family of the Bow
PBS Regular Member
Compton Member

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 06:43:00 AM »
Thank you for sharing what sounds like something that is painful for you.

I am sorry for it.  

I am glad that you can remain true to yourself even while having to deal with the disapproval of others, the same others that you would love to have the acceptance of.

I can tell you that I am proud to be able to call you brother and let you know you would be welcome around my campfire.

:campfire:    :archer:
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 06:52:00 AM »
It certainly would be worse when coming from a family member or close friend. Some folks will just never "get it", no matter how much we would like them to at least accept it in us.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 08:26:00 AM »
Thank you for all the kind words.

I mostly wanted to make sure you all knew that this site is a God send for those of us who didn't come from a hunting family or didn't have a mentor.

I really appreciate the site and all who call it home. I hope it didn't come across as a whiney, pity poor me post. The main thought I want to convey is being thankful for you all. Also to say thank you for all the knowledge that has been passed on to those of us without other resources.

You guys are top notch!  :notworthy:

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 08:57:00 AM »
Charlie   I got to witness your enjoyment of hunting at Bear Quest V.I watched you enjoy every aspect of the trip,the kill,baiting and hauling out bears,cleaning,stories,camp life,bowdoc,pitching in around camp just doing what we enjoy.You will probably not change his mind so don't let him make you feel bad.Just enjoy ,I know I have for about 47 years.Kip

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 09:01:00 AM »
Sounds lIke your brother has "Nature Deficit Disorder".
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline Froggy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 09:11:00 AM »
:thumbsup:    :campfire:  ...like the saying goes, "If I have to explain it to you, then you will never understand "

Froggy
TGMM  >>>>---------> Family of the bow

Offline WhiteOaks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2011, 09:19:00 AM »
Charlie,

I was blessed with a GrandPa that introduced me to Hunting and fishing. He took those opportunities in the field to teach me right from wrong. He taught me about Honor, Morals, Ethics, and Values. My GrandPa passed in 95 doing what he loved. He was squirrel hunting. I thank God for that man and his lessons everyday.

Do what makes you happy and take the time to pass your love of hunting to the next generation.
A world of opportunities awaits upwind but nothing waits downwind.

HH Wesley Special
Two Tracks Echo
Mohantongo Redtail
Mohawk Sparrow Hawk
Bear Alaskan
Bear Super 48
1958 Bear Kodiak

Offline bolong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2011, 09:52:00 AM »
Hang in there Charlie. There will always be people who feel that way. It is unforunate though that one of them is your brother. In this great country though, he has that right just as we have the right to do what we love. I just have to wonder what people think would happen to all the animals if none were ever killed by hunters and all the money hunters and fisherman contribute to conservation stopped coming in.
bolong

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2011, 10:44:00 AM »
People see what they want to see. Steady she goes until the light goes on for him. Good luck.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2011, 11:39:00 AM »
I certainly took it as you were feeling it. If I had taken it as you being whiney, I assure you I would have just quietly passed the thread on by. My late, older brother didn't like hunting either but we sure had some fine times Fly Fishing together (among other things - LOL). I agree with you about the folks here. We do have a pretty good nest here for the cukoo to fly over - LOL.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2011, 11:40:00 AM »
There are blood brothers and then there are soul brothers.  I love my blood brother, (at least mine gun hunts) but feel closer to my soul brothers here.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2011, 12:54:00 PM »
I had to laugh because my oldest daughter said, "Well... I think.... I kinda understand you daddy."

God bless her!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2011, 01:03:00 PM »
Stole this from a farmer/gunsmith friend and use it to end such discussions with family, friends or co-workers:

"Well, ya gotta kill it to eat it, whether its a carrot or a cow"

If they don't "get that" they'll not understand any other rhetoric.

We only get to pick our friends... Gang are good crew to pick from.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Gatekeeper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2011, 03:07:00 PM »
Originally posted by Whip:
There are blood brothers and then there are soul brothers.  I love my blood brother, (at least mine gun hunts) but feel closer to my soul brothers here.
Slip me some skin soul brother.  :laughing:
TGMM Family of the Bow   A member since 6/5/09

“I can tell by your hat that you’re not from around here.”

Casher from Brookshires Food Store in Albany, Texas during 2009 Pig Gig

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2011, 08:50:00 PM »
I'm right there with ya Whip and Mudd thanks for the comments. Both of you were right on the mark as was everyone else.

Online Tom

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2011, 09:38:00 AM »
My brother WAS also anti-hunting until I fed him some deer meat and now he is simply a non-hunter, guess in Boston not many deer wander through town. Some you will never convince so it is a waste of energy-others are more susceptable to understand it is not bloodlust that drives us but rather the need to heed our heritage. Keep true to yourself. We can only live our own lives.
The essence of the hunt for me is to enter nature and observe+ return safely occasionally with the gift of a life taken.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©