3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Shipping a Tree Stand  (Read 159 times)

Offline mooseman76

• Trad Bowhunter
Shipping a Tree Stand
« on: July 21, 2011, 01:15:00 AM »
I have a treestand that I've been trying to sell.  I have it listed here, but for pickup only, because I don't know how to ship it.  Anyone know where you can pick up a box for a stand and approx what it costs to ship it?  Thanks for any help you can provide...Mike

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Shipping a Tree Stand
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 07:36:00 AM »
When I sold a treestand a few years ago,a Loggy Bayou climber.I just made a box from a few other boxes and taped it good.I used UPS to ship for a larger and heavier package,everything went well.

Offline speedwalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 12:38:00 PM »
Just what He said.  I just shipped a bow to Australia and I went in the garage and got the box from the tv I bought a few years ago. I folded and cut it to make a custom box.  i just used a packing tape to secure it.  Just "shop" it through UPS and USPS and see who gives you the best rate.

Offline rraming

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 01:18:00 PM »
Uhaul or Uline or a shipping company have boxes - Ship it Fed Ex ground (get rates online, by weight and size) UPS will kill you on shipping fees (my experience anyways)

Offline Jack Shanks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 02:39:00 PM »
It is quite easy to make any size box you want. You just need a large enough piece of cardboard, utility knife, straight edge and tape.

I've shipped most everything, including tree stands thru the USPS. Go to usps.com and click on calculate shipping. Enter your box size and weight from your zip to the zip you are sending it to. Easy as that.
Jack Shanks

Offline mooseman76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 02:43:00 PM »
Thanks for the help, guys.  I changed my listing to say that I'm willing to ship the stand now...Mike

Online TIM B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 02:48:00 PM »
Heck - my brother shipled an outboard 5hp motor once.  Just pack it up tight!

Offline Jack Shanks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 03:00:00 PM »
A quick check on the size and weight box for that particular stand you have listed from your zip to lets say Celticknot in Ohio. $14.60 parcel post. add insurance and you are still under $20.
Jack Shanks

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 05:36:00 PM »
I dont know about the cost but you can take it to any UPS store and they will pack it and ship it. One thing about this is if there is damage durning shipping they cant say it was due to a poor packing job. USPS will be cheaper of course.
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©