3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: QUIVERS !! (The Disease)  (Read 693 times)

Offline TOEJAMMER

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: QUIVERS !! (The Disease)
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2013, 04:28:00 PM »
I've been at this  for 68 years and I have yet to find the perfect quiver, but I am still hopeful.

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2013, 04:34:00 PM »
I am addicted to Quivers as well

Here is an Eagles Flight Sharkskin, perfect fit with my Javaman Assyrian recurve

And this is my backquiver by Shell I believe, moose fur, real heavy leather but fits perfectly on my back and works well with my new selfbow

Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Offline phil_des_bois

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2013, 04:53:00 PM »
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only sick guy about quivers    :biglaugh:

Offline m midd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2013, 05:11:00 PM »
Im about cured. I have had a bunch bow, back and side and ive found one that is close to pefect for me.
Traditional Bowhunters of Arkansas

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2013, 05:40:00 PM »
Well, I don't necessarily seek a perfect quiver, but I do buy a lot of them. I am beginning to sort all my arrows separately for each poundage bow I shoot by putting them in individual quivers. Some quivers are new, some are vintage, some are pretty good, and some are pretty shoddy, but I spend a lot of time checking them out at every vendor site I see. It makes it easy to just grab a bow and the appropriate quiver, while heading for the door. Only one drawback has emerged. With my memory beginning to show some age, I sometimes grab the wrong quiver. Even though my stated reasoning for buying so many is very planned and rational, I still appropriately "oooh and ahhh" over a well made and attractive quiver.
Sam

Offline Mr. fingers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2013, 10:29:00 PM »
Was perfectly happy with my GN bow quiver till I went out and did some broad head shooting (Simmons 165 land sharks) I would tend to get that left or high left flyer. I took the quiver off and eliminated them. I think the quiver acts like a,counter weight on the side of the bow and when the bow recoils it  wants to twist to the left.
So loaded up my cat quiver 6.5  and gonna take it hunting tomorrow morning.
Looking at an arrow master for next season or a,big Jim side quiver or a FGA

Offline Nala

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2013, 03:01:00 AM »
Good topic.  I think about this too.  I haven't yet bought several quivers as I have to watch my money.  The quiver I have now is a used compound quiver I found for $5 and I put a strap on it to make sort of an Asbell style out of it and it works great, it just doesn't look very good.

Since moving down to Texas I have been wanting to try something that eliminates carrying stuff on my shoulders.  I have a Possibles bag and adding a quiver to carry seems like it would be a pain.  So I thought it might be a good idea to try a bow quiver like those that EFA and others have.  It wouldn't have to be anything fancy, but I would want it to fit both a recurve and longbow.  I've never used a bow mounted quiver so I don't know if I would care much for that, but I need to try one.
If anyone has gotten tired of theirs and wouldn't mind passing on a good deal to someone, I'd like to try one.

Lets see more pics.

Thanks

Nalajr

Offline Jim Picarelli

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2013, 09:11:00 AM »
The quest for the perfect quiver...seems it never ends. I also have 4 Cat Quivers and a couple of pocket quivers and 1 or 2 more bow quivers that aren't in this pic.

67" Hill Tembo, 50@27
67" Hill Half Breed, 53@27
66" Hill Redman, 48@27
66" Hill Cheetah, 55@27
66" Hill Big Five, 50@27

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©