3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Pretty little Shrew  (Read 698 times)

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Pretty little Shrew
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2011, 08:03:00 PM »
Shrew Classic Hunter, carbon/foam/mystery core, curly Bubinga veneers, phenolic & Koa riser, Kudu tip overlays. 46#@ 29", Bow-Bolt TD.

It's on it's way to Allan DeVore, SAS (Shrew Advisory staff)
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2011, 08:28:00 PM »
bee-u-tee-ful shrew!     :thumbsup:  

after his oz buff and hog adventure, 46# is a real light weight for alan?    :dunno:
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline thunder1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2011, 08:36:00 PM »
sweet looking bow
No man ever stood so tall as when he stooped to help a child

David

Offline glass76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2011, 08:37:00 PM »
Great looking bow. The curly Bubinga limbs are fantastic.   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Offline Toecutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2011, 08:38:00 PM »
That is GORGEOUS!!!  :eek:  

Thanks for posting!

Nathan
"To be what we are, and to become what we are capable of becoming, is the only end of life." RLS

Offline Margly

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2011, 08:50:00 PM »
What a nice bow   :thumbsup:    :archer:
With a healthy dose of madness and bad memory, life`s a wonderful journey      :thumbsup:    

-----------------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2011, 09:00:00 PM »
Eye candy for sure but I'd bet it's as deadly as an Amazon Rain Forest Poison tree frog.

Thanks for sharing Ron!

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2011, 09:10:00 PM »
Jimmy , Im jelious...mark#78
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline NoCams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2011, 09:46:00 PM »
Congrats Allan !   :campfire:
TGMM  Family of the Bow
"Failure to plan is planned failure"

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2011, 10:06:00 PM »
 it's as deadly as an Amazon Rain Forest Poison tree frog.  
Mudd,that's a good marketing slogan if I ever heard one...   :readit:  ........   :biglaugh:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2011, 12:15:00 AM »
Yes, it is another Shrew I am adding to my already full bow rack. Since most of my Shrews are in the low to mid 50's, I decided I needed a special one around 45 pounds to keep shooting as I aged. My next Shrew will be a Shrew Safari at about 70 pounds, so my shoulders will be begging for lighter weight after a season of shooting the heavier bow.

John (Zradix) asked what the wood overlay on the back of the grip area is. Well, John, when I was working with Gregg and Ron on a mostly Koa bow (the one before the bow in this thread), Gregg found a beautiful Koa board that had it all. He sent me a picture, and I told him to buy it for my bow and for some of my future bows. He ended up making beautiful Koa veneers for the limbs and also used Koa for most of the riser laminations (along with phenolic and a curly maple accent). Part of the Koa board had a section of sapwood that Gregg said was virtually useless for a bow. I asked him if he could use it as a contrasting overlay for the back of the grip since the overlay is not part of the structural support. He thought it was a good idea and put the bow together that way. My Koa Classic Hunter is the bow I will be using for most of my deer hunting this year, and it is absolutely beautiful. I reorder Shrews as soon as one is built, so I usually have several on order and staggered about 6 months apart. I actually had two I ordered at the same time that were scheduled to be built this spring, but when I decided on the Koa bow, I couldn't figure out right then what I wanted for the other bow. I finally decided on a lighter weight Classic Hunter, and wanted to use the Koa in the riser and the highly figured Bubinga veneers on Kudu-tipped foam/carbon/mystery/uniweft limbs. I asked Gregg if he had any more of the sapwood from the Koa board, and he did, so I asked him to put on the Koa sapwood riser overlays like he had on my Koa CH. This moment is the first I have seen the finished bow, so all of you saw it before me. Ron tried to telephone me, but I was working and couldn't get the call. He knows me well enough that he correctly assumed I was fine with him posting pictures for everyone to see, and I am glad he did.

The Shrews just keep getting better all the time. I know I am a "Shrew Pig", but there is a certain dignity in Ron's term "Shrew Advisory Staff". Of course, Ray is not particularly into dignity, so he calls it as he sees it.      :bigsmyl:      

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2011, 02:08:00 AM »
Allan,
Congrats on another beautiful Shrew     :clapper:    You are correct, I'm back on the list again too.    :goldtooth:    

Bill

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2011, 02:40:00 AM »
Congrats Allen good choice.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2011, 04:10:00 AM »
Man, I like that bow!!!!
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2011, 07:07:00 AM »
Allan, Your right the Shrew bows do keep getting better and better all the time.  I have a very young family so I can't order in "Bulk" but I have been thinking about getting another order in soon.  I haven't nailed down what I want and you keep making that task a little harder all the time!!   :archer:
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Kapellmeister

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2011, 09:41:00 AM »
Beautiful bow, Ron & Gregg!  That Koa on the riser really sets it off.  (I love my Shrew CH but I still wish I coulda had antler overlays on my riser!     :(       :D   )

Allan, I'd bet that the waiting time for a Shrew would be cut in half if you didn't keep ordering them!     :biglaugh:    Shoot it in good health!
Gene

~ s.D.g. ~

68" Osage Orange Selfbow 55@28
68" Hill Half-Breed 55@28
64" Schafer Silvertip 1pc Longbow 50@28
58" Shrew Classic Hunter 49@28

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2011, 09:49:00 AM »
Just Stunning!

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2011, 09:53:00 AM »
Wow that is an amazing looking bow!!!

Fantastic woods choices!!!

Congrats

:campfire:
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline Java Man

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2011, 08:15:00 AM »
Allan's bow pictured above is almost an exact duplicate of the bow I made for Hawkeye for this years St Judes auction.  We tried our first 58" Classic Hunter, and I missed weight a little light, so I cut this one down to 56", and it fit exactly what Allan was looking for.  He was sitting at the top of the list, waiting to decide.

Initial feedback from Hawkeye, is that he really likes the 58" length.

Gregg
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2011, 12:36:00 PM »
Gregg,
Another choice to make 56"or58"  :thumbsup:  Maybe I will get lucky and you will bring a few 58" Classic Hunters to Kalamazoo.

Bill

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©