3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: bow quiver poll  (Read 374 times)

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
bow quiver poll
« on: July 23, 2011, 09:17:00 AM »
Do you take the quiver off your bow once you are setup to hunt?

Would you take it off if it was quick and easy to take off and on?
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: bow quiver poll
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 10:15:00 AM »
bump

Offline BWD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 10:38:00 AM »
Imo, the most important features of a bow quiver is it must hold the arrows securely in place, and must not slide up and down, on a bow that has abrupt or gentle sloping fades.
If it moves, I don't want it.
"If I had tried a little harder and practiced a little more, by now I could have been average"...Me

Offline longbowray

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 10:39:00 AM »
TTT
BOWHUNTTER FOR LIFE

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 02:03:00 PM »
TTT

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 02:07:00 PM »
I used to use a quickee quiver that slid into the bracket. I took it off every time I was in the blind.

I just don't like more stuff hanging off my bow to get snagged up.
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Online dnovo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 02:09:00 PM »
I just can't figure out why you would use a bow quiver if you want to take it off to hunt or shoot. Lots of other choices for not having it on the bow.
PBS regular
UBM life member
Compton

Online kstout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2011, 02:15:00 PM »
I have a Great Northern quiver with rubber straps to attach it to my longbow.  I remove the quiver when on stand and strap it to a tree limb within reach.  Works great, leaves arrows within reach, straps securly to tree limb allowing easy removal of arrows.  If still hunting, or stalking, I leave the quiver attached to my bow.

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2011, 02:54:00 PM »
I always take my bow quiver off when I'm on stand. I like easy to see feathers (so I might find them easier when I miss. those bright colored feathers saved me $90 last season) and don't like flashing them around when I move my bow to shoot.

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2011, 04:31:00 PM »
I hunt on the move and I want my arrows as close and handy as possible.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2011, 04:59:00 PM »
Only bow quiver I ever used was on My wheelie bows back in 2002-2004. Since I started using a trad bow I haven't used a bow quiver.

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2011, 10:25:00 PM »
TTT

Offline BWD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2011, 10:55:00 PM »
Originally posted by dnovo:
I just can't figure out why you would use a bow quiver if you want to take it off to hunt or shoot. Lots of other choices for not having it on the bow.
Many times I have a climbing stand on my back, so a bow quiver makes it easier to get all my stuff where I'm going. Once up a tree, the quiver comes off.
"If I had tried a little harder and practiced a little more, by now I could have been average"...Me

Offline WPAtrapper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2011, 11:00:00 PM »
I practice with it on the bow so it stays on all the time.
60" RER LX 46@28"

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2011, 01:24:00 PM »
bump

Offline Possum Head

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2011, 04:40:00 PM »
I hunt brushy terrain that whether I'm crawling or just walking a side or back quiver would be more subject to snags. I believe a bow quiver by design is quieter. When hoisting my bow up a tree the quiver is in place and requires no additional attention. I spend a lot off time up a tree and enjoy a bow holder which keeps my bow close to my left hand. That said I'm right handed and that woud put my arrows between my bow and stand. I simply detach my quiver and affix it to my stand. This is just the way I've always done it not to say I wont one day switch as I very much like the construction of Eagle Flight quivers and have entertained employing one on my longbow. If I encounter a deer and need to get off a shot with quiver attached ,I'm ready for that as well!

Offline Buckeye Trad Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2011, 05:01:00 PM »
I voted yes on both because I used to hunt with a kwick-e-kwiver and I did take it off.  I no longer hunt with a bow quiver.  Because if you need to take a shot in the field you won,t be able to get the quiver off and if you're not used to shooting with a quiver on your bow it will affect your shot.

Offline SELFBOW19953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2011, 05:14:00 PM »
I don't like or us bow quivers.  I hang my back quiver, usually a CatQuiver, on the stand I'm carrying, going in and coming out.
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow."  Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2011, 05:42:00 PM »
My quiver does have a qiuck detach and I havent taken it off for anything but travel.

Offline Butchie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2011, 06:03:00 PM »
What BWD said is exactly why I'm looking at buying a GN bow quiver.  I have used the Cat 2 quiver exclusively for years and like it a lot.  However, using a bow quiver for transporting arrows is better when you are carrying a stand etc on your back on longer treks.  Once set up I would remove as I don't like to shoot with a quiver on the bow.  When not toting a stand I will stick with the Cat 2.
"Don't worry about the old blind mule, just keep a load in the wagon!"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©