3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: El Grande and Grizzly BH  (Read 361 times)

Offline dave19113

• Trad Bowhunter
El Grande and Grizzly BH
« on: July 23, 2011, 09:50:00 AM »
Ok.... I just went on KK to order spare Grizzly BH and see the post again saying out of stock and unsure if they will ever be made again.....

Whats the deal? Does anyone know? and if so who has RW 200elgrandes and 135 RW Grizzleys they want to sell
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Offline East Coast archer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: El Grande and Grizzly BH
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 09:58:00 AM »
Dave

I've been wondering the same thing.  At Sawmill Allegheny Mountain Arrow Woods had no Grizzlies and when I asked I really didn't get an answer and I know they are from the same town in PA, if not partners or the same owner.  Any sponsors or members have info?  

Oh by the way, I have 6 RW 200 grainers and I ain't selling 'em.  Just got them last year and they were easy to sharpen compared to the old grizzly.
"God gave you feet for a reason, so you can take a step forward and keep moving, even though it's hard, but you have to because the tides going to come in." TAC

Online SuperK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 10:08:00 PM »
Have you checked out 3 Rivers?
They exchanged the truth of GOD for a lie,and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised.Amen Romans 1:25 NIV

Offline dave19113

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 11:08:00 PM »
3 rivers is out too..... I think they only have 130gr LW...... I might just be using the ACE 200gr.... I do still have quite a few of those and just save the El Grandes for bigger stuff....
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Online SuperK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 12:03:00 AM »
Check out the Tusker Concordes at Braveheart Archery.  They come in both 190 and 155 grains, and left and right bevel. (I think)
They exchanged the truth of GOD for a lie,and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised.Amen Romans 1:25 NIV

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 08:46:00 AM »
This has been the case for quite a while now... I don't get it myself... You'd think a company with a loyal and growing customer base like Grizzly BHDs would either get product out to thier dealers or, if they don't want to make them anymore, then SELL THE COMPANY TO SOMEONE WHO WILL.  :confused:

Ron
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 10:10:00 AM »
My thinking exactly Ron.There has been some demand that hasn't been met.The changes made to the newer Grizzlys have been really positive.I wish someone would take over that would keep supplies up and I would be willing to pay more for a little better grind on the bevel.I don't mean hunting sharp.The same coarse grind would be fine if it were just continued to the edge.That would take a lot of the fight out the Grizzly.

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 10:14:00 AM »
You are damn right guys!
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 11:15:00 AM »
There are a lot of options for the Grizzly..

Tusker Concord...Abowyer Brown Bear....Tuff Head.

Not sure about options for the El Grande width though.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline dave19113

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2011, 11:47:00 AM »
The problem too is the pricing...The Grizzlys are blue collar price...... If I do lose 1 im not too heat broken.....
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Offline dave19113

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2011, 11:50:00 AM »
Scratch that last post....... Just saw pricing on tuskers..... pretty good..... has anyone used them?
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Offline Coonbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2011, 12:41:00 PM »
Man I'm glad I got my 190 El Grande's from Braveheart this winter. Is kind of puzzling why a company doesn't get their product out better though.

Offline smoke1953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2011, 12:47:00 PM »
My uneducated guess is that the company is just a couple of guys that are just scratching and clawing to keep their heads above water and this certainly a part time thing. It's tough out there and I hope for them the best.

Offline Ringneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2011, 01:56:00 PM »
Originally posted by Sharpster:
This has been the case for quite a while now... I don't get it myself... You'd think a company with a loyal and growing customer base like Grizzly BHDs would either get product out to thier dealers or, if they don't want to make them anymore, then SELL THE COMPANY TO SOMEONE WHO WILL.    :confused:  

Ron
My thoughts exactly...

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2011, 02:05:00 PM »
Ace Super Express is a good 200gr head
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline featherhorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2011, 03:11:00 PM »
I will agree 100% with ya Ron I can get mine Scary sharp and they fly great

Offline Coonbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2011, 04:04:00 PM »
Smoke I agree with you about them being a couple of guys doing part time work. But if you have a business that produces a product that your venders can and also need to sell, you must do everything in your ability to provide. The fact that you disappear for long streches of time with little or no communication with your customers AND venders is unacceptable. Either you don't care or this venture is just to big for you. It's a shame because there's lots of folks out there waiting for the product that will stop waiting and find something else. Then nobody will want to buy or take over abusiness that at one time could have made money. Just my thoughts anyway.
Glenn

Offline dave19113

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2011, 10:23:00 PM »
Originally posted by Terry Green:
There are a lot of options for the Grizzly..

Tusker Concord...Abowyer Brown Bear....Tuff Head.

Not sure about options for the El Grande width though.
Just ordered the Concordes..... in 190gr.... We will see how it goes......
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Offline Ringneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2011, 10:28:00 PM »
And I ordered the 155 Concordes today as well.

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2011, 10:37:00 PM »
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©